• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmycarter
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2007

WCC Tournament Tickets: A Cry For Help

'evening fellow board members. A while back, I booked flights and hotel for the tournament in Vegas. Unfortunately, I struck out on tickets from GU, the Orleans, and the other member schools. Doing my best not to panic, I fear now being ticketless.

So, any advice for person seeking 2 tickets at this point? Anyone out there know any tickets that might be looking for a home?

As always, I appreciate it.
  • Nevada Don
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by jimmycarter View Post
    'evening fellow board members. A while back, I booked flights and hotel for the tournament in Vegas. Unfortunately, I struck out on tickets from GU, the Orleans, and the other member schools. Doing my best not to panic, I fear now being ticketless.

So, any advice for person seeking 2 tickets at this point? Anyone out there know any tickets that might be looking for a home?

If you continue to have trouble, I can ask somebody that might know somebody. Not familiar with the tickets. What do you want specifically, 2 passes for all the games? Let me know.

ps the location of the seats (if available) may require you to paint a red or blue G-A-E-L on your chest. Hope the person you are bringing is a male. Well, actually I have mixed feelings on that one.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

Jimmy, we just purchased our tickets through Santa Clara yesterday. 3 all tourney passes, 3 rows from the court. Give their Athletic Dept a shout.

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Went last year for the 1st time. Called all the schools, a couple of schools put me on their waiting list. They both eventually called back & offered me (good) tickets. By then, however, someone had posted on this board the the Orleans Arena had made more tickets available so I snagged 3 (all tourney passes). They were in the end zone but were decent seats. Don't recall the time frame, but had the tickets in hand before I ever departed (drove down) the great northwest. Good Luck.
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• shadow77
          Redshirt
          • Dec 2009

When you get to the Arena. Don't worry too much if you have end zone seats. Sit anywhere where there is an empty seat. If someone
          shows up for those seats, just move to another empty one. The Arena sells "standing room only" tickets and tells the buyers to do that. We've had endzone seats for 3 years and never sat in them. Found better seating elsewhere.

Comment

• 77Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2007

Keep working on LMU, SD and Pacific ticket offices - likely will have to get full package, but they have tickets. Very few takers for their allotment.

Go Zags!!

PS - based on experience, you can always find tix at or before the games....Social event or scalpers near the entrance to arena.
            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
              Jimmy, we just purchased our tickets through Santa Clara yesterday. 3 all tourney passes, 3 rows from the court. Give their Athletic Dept a shout.
              Good job! Living 2000 miles away, we never see the Zags in friendly confines. In fact, I hope to see the Kennel for the first time in May. It's been 15 years since I was last in Spokane. Over the past few years, my youngest son and I have been to the games in Stillwater, Wichita, Memphis, and Houston.

To this day, my oldest son expresses his amazement that I didn't get my arse kicked in Albuquerque ten years ago. Our tickets were smack dab in the Wyoming section, and I expressed my displeasure to a young man that was prodigiously dropping f-bombs. He took serious umbrage to my remarks and tartly suggested we settle our differences outside. Cooler heads prevailed, and he was downright friendly after Wyoming won.

Comment

• zags422
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

just show up and buy standing area seats...then sit in one of the 2,000 empty seats still in the arena...I made this mistake last year, panicked and bought some expensive tickets for no reason. JMO. always a better feeling having tickets in hand early though obvi.

Comment

• jimmycarter
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2007

Thanks for the advice, folks. I'll see what I can dig up. Otherwise, sounds like finding tickets in LV isn't too much of an issue. Breathing deep...no panic.

Comment

Working...
                  X