PDA

View Full Version : Derek Raivio

bartruff1
02-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Heister did one of his most excellent interviews on the Mark Few Show with Raivio.

Derek is in Spokane to have some work done on one of his ankles.

It is hard to imagine how the time flies at my age. He has played professional basketball around 9 years, most of it in Europe. I remember him when he was 18 year old freshman and all of 150 pounds...including his buzz cut.

Of all the Zags I have watched over the years, I recall , like Steven Gray, that he gave his all and practically carried the team on his back into the NCAA Tourney. They just refused to lose, would not give in.

He is in his 30's now and married and thinks he may play a couple more years...if that is ok with his wife.

Both he and his wife like the four seasons and they may move to Spokane when he is done playing basketball.

He is interested in the financial world and in coaching and teaching among other potential careers .

sittingon50
02-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Enjoyed the interview, bart. One thing Mr. Heister & I agree on, DR may have been the most under-rated Zag in recent history.

ProVeeZag
02-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Yes, I enjoyed this interview as well. Included in the piece was a beautiful photo of Derek and his bride. I'm happy for Derek, he had no quit in him while here at GU.