PDA

View Full Version : WCC Defensive Player of the Year?

TravelinZag
01-31-2016, 12:13 PM
Zags have played some excellent defense within the conference this year. However, which individual Zag players could win the nomination for defensive POY? Who will be the main contenders nominated by their respective coaches from the other conference teams? And the winner is . . . . ?

Hoopaholic
01-31-2016, 12:29 PM
Drainginis game in game out IMO

Coach Crazy
01-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Zags have played some excellent defense within the conference this year. However, which individual Zag players could win the nomination for defensive POY? Who will be the main contenders nominated by their respective coaches from the other conference teams? And the winner is . . . . ?

Domantas.

Zags11
01-31-2016, 12:33 PM
I like Eric's d.

Marcus
01-31-2016, 12:41 PM
Both KD and EMac play great on the ball defence. Tough call between the two however.

MDABE80
01-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Those two are largely resonible for us winning games. I do favor D though. He's been tough D from the first game..........and he's never faltered on his D. Watch him ( it's tough during live game) on replays .......he's relentless. Grabs and bumps a lot to but unless his man is running in another direction, he's right there in front of his man with a hand up.
He'd be my D-POY as it sits now. I wish his shooting at been this good from the beginning of the year. Things would be different.

BULLDOG#1
01-31-2016, 02:01 PM
I cannot think of another WCC player as defensively skilled as Emac.

Maybe Mr. Do-it-all at BYU...

Honestly, I think Emac's the conference's best defender. At least from what I've seen.

Hoopaholic
01-31-2016, 02:45 PM
Both KD and EMac play great on the ball defence. Tough call between the two however.

Agree. But drains plays much better off ball and anticipation deflections etc imo

zag67
01-31-2016, 03:37 PM
I also agree that both of them deserve consideration. EM with some of his blocks lately and Dranginis with his hustle for balls on the ground. But make them CO winners.