PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Sign DDD

Angelo Roncalli
10-03-2007, 07:35 PM
As expected...

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/ddickau_071003.html

wazZag
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Great news for Dan. I think he'll make a great backup for Livingston.

zzzjag
10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Back up for Shaun Livingston? Isn't he not playing till after all star break? They do also have Brevin Knight and Sam Cassell. Perhaps Dan gets some PT early in the season and gets to earn some valuable minutes.
Good luck Dan!

MTZAG
10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

MDZag
10-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Can someone explain how waiving a contract works in the NBA vs. the NFL. Did the Knicks have to buy out the contract and now DD get a new contract, if so, not a bad deal.

Rubbadub
10-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Dan is 3rd string backing up Cassell and Knight. Both are over 30, so hopefully he'll get plenty of minutes! :)

deathchina
10-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't get you hopes up too high.

Rubbadub
10-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Last year Cassell only played in 58 games at 24.3mpg.

Brevin Knight played in 45 games at 28.3mpg.

Dan is the one who said he was only behind those two. Why wouldn't he get plenty of pt?

deathchina
10-05-2007, 07:36 AM
It's not like Dan has gotten a lot of run lately either. He's played in 233 of a possible 410 games since he got drafted. And averaged only 15 minutes a game in those appearances. And now I'm gonna shut my mouth before I'm accused of being a "hater".

Rubbadub
10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
That just makes me believe that this will be his chance to become a bigger commodity, earn more minutes and show what he can really do without so much huge talent in front of him! I'm crossing my fingers for him staying healthy as well.

Early prediction here...LAC get a really good draft position for next year and get one of those supposedly spectacular young pg's that will be coming out.

ZagNative
10-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Brevin Knight showed up for camp out of shape and ticked off Dunleavy (http://www.sbsun.com/sports/ci_7087245). Looks like Dan may get some real opportunities to play.

DICKAU UNDERSTANDS

Dan Dickau participated in his first full day with the Clippers on Thursday and was in good shape. The former Gonzaga player said he was happy to return to the West Coast and says likes being with the Clippers because playing time appears likely.

Dickau is slated to be the third-string point guard behind Sam Cassell and Knight, but both of those point guards are older than 30 and each has battled injuries.

former1dog
10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
And now I'm gonna shut my mouth before I'm accused of being a "hater".

Haven't you been around here for like 5 or 6 years? No one is going to call you a hater. :)

ZagNative
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
No thread about Dan Dickau should be allowed to pass without at least one shot of Dickau the Zag:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/NBA/Dickau/DickauNBAGallery1.jpg

deathchina
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
"Haven't you been around here for like 5 or 6 years? No one is going to call you a hater. "

THanks F1dog. However, I have been attacked in the past for being less than optimistic about Dan's chances of being a solid NBA player.

former1dog
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
"Haven't you been around here for like 5 or 6 years? No one is going to call you a hater. "

THanks F1dog. However, I have been attacked in the past for being less than optimistic about Dan's chances of being a solid NBA player.

Attacked or just disagreed with. If someone attacked you, let me know. I've got your back... ;)

BTW - I'm more optimistic than you about Dan's chances. :D

Rubbadub
10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
People sure do mix the two, that's for sure.

JLGutrocks
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/JLGutrocks/dickau_i.jpg

lothar98zag
10-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I wish youtube was around when DDD was @ GU. He would have some really good highlight compilations. Especially vs Pep...

deathchina
10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I would say it was a bit closer to being "attacked". Let me put it this way. How do you think this board responded to my "I don't think Dan is ever going to be in the rotation of a decent NBA team" comment? This was back during Dan's second season, so there was still lots of people who thought the Atlanta coaching staff was holding Dickau back.

I don't think his defensive issues are ever going to go away (he has an extremely high foul rate and does not contain dribble penetration). He just can't stay in front of anyone at the NBA level.....And yes, he had an ok season with New Orleans..but they were the second worst team in the league and they promptly drafted Chris Paul and let Dan sign with the Celtics.....

I just wouldn't get your hopes up Rubbadub. If Cassell and Knight get hurt, and the Clippers are still in contention for the playoffs, I'd bet they sign someone else to take over point guard duties rather than let Dan run the team full time.

Pallet
10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I agree that Dickau will not ever the starting pg for an NBA team because of his defensive issues. However, I think he can be a good backup as a change of pace and some outside shooting, so I think he can find a place with a team. The problem is that this role on a team often leads to a player changing addresses a lot.

MickMick
10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
A guy with one post giving instruction on how to post.....and doing it accurately.

My nomination for post of the year. This needs to be on Foo.

+1 as well ;)