PDA

View Full Version : Few on Sabonis.....

Section 116
01-23-2016, 09:51 PM
.....from Jim Meehan tweets: "Domas has just been posting these unbelievable numbers. It's not just about numbers but the way he does it." "There were some traffic, athletes, size and strength chasing those rebounds. To get 20 boards, unbelievable accomplishment." "Pacific is right up there with BYU as being one of the most physical teams we play. Have 11 guys and five bigs they can cycle thru."

Sabonis from Meehan: Sabonis: "It was really fun, very physical, refs let us play. Great for the team that we were down and came up toward the end to get win.

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 09:56 PM
.....from Jim Meehan tweets: "Domas has just been posting these unbelievable numbers. It's not just about numbers but the way he does it." "There were some traffic, athletes, size and strength chasing those rebounds. To get 20 boards, unbelievable accomplishment." "Pacific is right up there with BYU as being one of the most physical teams we play. Have 11 guys and five bigs they can cycle thru."

Sabonis from Meehan: Sabonis: "It was really fun, very physical, refs let us play. Great for the team that we were down and came up toward the end to get win.

Thanx, Section.

No mention of the hand/wrist. That may mean something and may not but I'd think Meehan would have asked him.

Bonus is a stud, pure and simple.

Go ZAGS!

DixieZag
01-23-2016, 10:00 PM
No mention of the hand/wrist. That may mean something and may not but I'd think Meehan would have asked him.!

That is one of the very few things that could have made Thursday worse. That and anyone else getting hurt.

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 10:03 PM
That is one of the very few things that could have made Thursday worse. That and anyone else getting hurt.

You're right, and I'd actually forgotten about the fall until some posters brought it up today. During the game I just rang the misses up to the bodies that were leaning on him and, well, averages.

Hopefully that's all it was.

Take Care, Dix.

Go ZAGS!

Section 116
01-23-2016, 10:07 PM
I read an unedited version of Meehan's game story for tomorrow's edition of the Spokesman-Review and there is no mention of any Sabonis injury!

Unedited game story link: http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2016/jan/23/zags-handle-pacific-71-61/

amaronizag
01-23-2016, 11:10 PM
I thought the level of physicality was really scary today. I hope none of the Pacific injuries were serious. It was a brawl out there. I hated seeing so many players getting hurt.

kitzbuel
01-24-2016, 07:05 AM
I thought the level of physicality was really scary today. I hope none of the Pacific injuries were serious. It was a brawl out there. I hated seeing so many players getting hurt.
Agreed. Pacific's strategy seemed to be to play in a slow motion brawl. Domas always seems to give more than he gets in those games, but brutal to watch, just waiting for the next injury.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ekrub
01-24-2016, 09:41 AM

I think sabonis loved it. Seriously. Sabonis would be a fighter in the ufc if he wasn't a basketball player.

DixieZag
01-24-2016, 10:24 AM
It is worth noting that Few compared them to BYU, who we've always noted as being very chippy at best and at times simply violent at worst.

jazzdelmar
01-24-2016, 10:45 AM
DS is moving up the mock drafts. A couple have him top 10. The overwhelming buzz from insiders here has been that he would stay 3 years. But lately that buzz has become stonily silent. If he returns he will be a surefire Wooden candidate, of course.

john montana
01-24-2016, 12:24 PM
DS is moving up the mock drafts. A couple have him top 10. The overwhelming buzz from insiders here has been that he would stay 3 years. But lately that buzz has become stonily silent. If he returns he will be a surefire Wooden candidate, of course.

I can't see him returning. Hope he does, but the way he is playing will get him drafted.

thespywhozaggedme
01-24-2016, 12:30 PM
I'd love to see a 20/20 game from him

RenoZag
01-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Yesterday, CDC84 indicated Sabonis' draft stock wasn't ascending, Jazz:

"Sabonis is not a universal top 10 pick in this year's draft. Draftexpress.com, the most reputable draft analysis site on the internet, has Sabonis at 28 in the 1st round. His stock has actually gone slightly down according to their well placed sources."

Not sure where he would go but I think if he keeps racking up the double-doubles, his draft potential will be off the charts and we'll all be crossing our fingers with the hope comes back for the '16-'17 campaign.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the opportunity to watch him ply his trade.

Regards,

MDABE80
01-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Certain part of DOmas' game needs improvement. No doubt. I don't kno if he could do it in the pros or if he should stay. He seems to be getting much better as the year continues. He's got the short game and rebounding don pretty well. Whether its the WCC being softer underneath or whatever, his midrange could use some major help. The one thing that stands out is that he is tough..
Overall though, footwork is much improved, FT's great, Passing is fine, rebounding and short game are excellent. Of course we'd love to have him back but he's blossoming at an amazing rate. I guess it's what he hears in the combines and how important money is.Education and a degree is a huge goal for him. He's not his father (a rare find with his size and ability)......it'll be a family decision. Wouldn't we love to see him for another though!!!