sittingon50
01-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Georgetown 62
UConn 68

So. Carolina 69
Tennessee 78

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Good wins for some Zags opponents. Really cool to see Georgetown and UConn playing in OOC since they went separate ways. UConn also played former Big East rival Syracuse this year, but that was in a tournament and they can't take credit for arranging the match up.

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Texas A&M 29
Missouri 25
halftime

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Oregon 41
UCLA 31
halftime

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Northern Colorado 35
Northern Arizona 31
halftime

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Arizona @ Cal 5:30 pm
Colorado @ Washington St. 6 pm
Eastern Washington @ Montana 6 pm

San Diego @ LMU 3 pm
BYU @ Pepperdine 5 pm
Portland @ St. Mary's 8 pm

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Oregon 86
UCLA 72

Texas A&M 66
Missouri 53

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Michigan State's fluorescent Lime Green Jello colored uniforms are pixel poppers. . .

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Michigan State's fluorescent Lime Green Jello colored uniforms are pixel poppers. . .

Yeah those are ugly, looks like something Oregon's football team would wear. MSU really needs to win this game, 3 game losing streak and sub .500 in conference at the moment.

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 03:01 PM
Yeah those are ugly, looks like something Oregon's football team would wear. MSU really needs to win this game, 3 game losing streak and sub .500 in conference at the moment.

Yet somehow Izzo will get them in the tourney and have a shot to play in the second weekend of the Big Dance. Helluva Coach

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 03:04 PM
LMU - 30
USD - 36 2nd Half just underway

CdAZagFan
01-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Anyone know if the BYU or St Mary's games are going to be televised anywhere?

Zagceo
01-23-2016, 03:07 PM
MSU Maryland pace w/athletes 8 guys go the floor for 1 loose ball

Zagceo
01-23-2016, 03:09 PM

BYU-TV 374 DirecTV

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 03:10 PM

Portland @ St. Mary's - ROOT SPORTS & COMCAST
BYU @ Pepperdine - BYUtv

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/basketball201516/11#.VqQV3JorLIU

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 03:24 PM
MSU Maryland pace w/athletes 8 guys go the floor for 1 loose ball

I can't believe nobody got hurt on that sequence, the way guys were diving around at full speed with no regard for their (or anyone else's) safety. I liked Bilas's comment--looks like a first down, just waiting for where they spot the ball.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-23-2016, 03:37 PM

My wife usually likes MSU games, because that's her parents' alma mater. She made me change the channel, because she couldn't stand those highlighter colors.

CdAZagFan
01-23-2016, 03:59 PM
BYU-TV 374 DirecTV

I always forget about BYUtv... I'll have to watch that game. It should be a good one.

sittingon50
01-23-2016, 04:05 PM
USD 63
LMU 67

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 04:23 PM
AT THE HALF:

BYU -28

PEPP - 30

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=112226&a=1

Zagceo
01-23-2016, 04:45 PM
30-28 half ………waves

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 05:02 PM
My wife usually likes MSU games, because that's her parents' alma mater. She made me change the channel, because she couldn't stand those highlighter colors.

Still can't read the word "higlighter" without thinking of Digger Phelps

CdAZagFan
01-23-2016, 05:48 PM
BYU about to go down at Pepperdine - down by 6 with 20 seconds to go.

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 05:50 PM
PEPP: 71

BYU: 65

FINAL

CdAZagFan
01-23-2016, 05:51 PM
BYU loses... Pepperdine has now beaten BYU and St. Mary's at home. Will be a tough one for GU there.

spike_jr
01-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Did Helen Keller throw darts to come up with BYU's conference schedule? 6 of their first 8 conference games were on the road. They play the same 2 teams next week at home that they just played this weekend. And they don't play the first game against their travel partner, @ USD, until 2/18 and then play them again 2 days later in Provo. Is it really that hard to construct a more balanced schedule or am I missing something?

bartruff1
01-23-2016, 06:31 PM
They missed the first week of conference play because they were in Hawaii playing in a tournament that doesn't require Sunday games....so they screwed up their own and everyone else's schedule...just like they screw up the WCC Tournament schedule .....

RenoZag
01-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Cal vs.AZ has been a heckuva game. . .Bears up by 5 with 66 seconds remaining. . .Bears hang on to win by one, 74 - 73

ProjectMKUltra5
01-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Cal vs.AZ has been a heckuva game. . .Bears up by 5 with 66 seconds remaining

Jordan Mathews is lighting it up. Makes me wish we landed Jonah

spike_jr
01-23-2016, 06:39 PM
They missed the first week of conference play because they were in Hawaii playing in a tournament that doesn't require Sunday games....so they screwed up their own and everyone else's schedule...just like they screw up the WCC Tournament schedule .....

Bart, my guess (and its only a guess) is that BYU committed to that tournament long before the WCC figured they were going to start the season before Christmas. I hate that the WCC tournament was altered to avoid Sunday games, but the decision to start the conference schedule before Christmas was terrible.

seacatfan
01-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Cal vs.AZ has been a heckuva game. . .Bears up by 5 with 66 seconds remaining. . .Bears hang on to win by one, 74 - 73

Cats were scoreless the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half, turned it over almost every possession. I had to quit watching. Were down by as much as 9 before coming back to tie it. They're 2-3 in conference road games (5 of the first 7 on the road, talked about unbalanced schedules). All 3 losses they dug themselves out of a deep hole but came up just short. Really frustrating.

mtzaga
01-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Griz 74 EWU 69

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Portland @ SMC no score 0-0. Game hasn't started yet though.

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 07:17 PM

19-9 Gaels
note: Evan Fitzner called for a moving screen

willandi
01-23-2016, 07:27 PM
19-9 Gaels
note: Evan Fitzner called for a moving screen

Next possesion Landale wasn't, wasn't called for the over the back bucket either.

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 07:31 PM
Next possesion Landale wasn't, wasn't called for the over the back bucket either.

just amazing how good you are at seeing these fouls while the refs just keep swallowing their wistles.

willandi
01-23-2016, 07:35 PM
just amazing how good you are at seeing these fouls while the refs just keep swallowing their wistles.

Amazing is how much you overlook them!

Rahon was on the Meehan pregame show and said they work on everything, nothing is left to chance. Then I watched the game. Bennett coaches it and believes they won't call most of them, so they get away with it. So sorry you can't se it!

...and you were the one that brought it up!

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Amazing is how much you overlook them!

Rahon was on the Meehan pregame show and said they work on everything, nothing is left to chance. Then I watched the game. Bennett coaches it and believes they won't call most of them, so they get away with it. So sorry you can't se it!

You are wasting your time blogging here. You really should be a referee.
Let's see. According to you (you don't want to "delude" yourself) the refs caused GU Thursdays game. Now it appears that the refs got it in for Portland too. Watch the damn games and quit trying to find fault with the world.
You've got over 4,000 posts. You must just be having a couple of off days.
Whoops...there goes another moving screen. Oh sorry, just my front door.

willandi
01-23-2016, 07:47 PM
You are wasting your time blogging here. You really should be a referee.
Let's see. According to you (you don't want to "delude" yourself) the refs caused GU Thursdays game. Now it appears that the refs got it in for Portland too. Watch the damn games and quit trying to find fault with the world.
You've got over 4,000 posts. You must just be having a couple of off days.
Whoops...there goes another moving screen. Oh sorry, just my front door.

Why are you hanging out here? If you read ALL the threads, you know it was way more than me that felt the reffing was screwy in Thursdays game. You were the one that brought up Fitzner being called for a moving screen, not me. If you expect to hang out here and try to justify your crap, don't blame me for responding.

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Why are you hanging out here? If you read ALL the threads, you know it was way more than me that felt the reffing was screwy in Thursdays game. You were the one that brought up Fitzner being called for a moving screen, not me. If you expect to hang out here and try to justify your crap, don't blame me for responding.

1) I mentioned the moving screen because it was a major topic of discussion here. It was also FACTUAL, a part of the game as opposed to your speculation and opinion as to all of the other calls the refs missed.
2) You were the one that initiated the thread whereby you came to the conclusion that the refs caused GU the game.
3) I respond to what I see as sometimes BS and I felt you qualified with your theory that the refs favor SMC so much so that it cost GU a game and now against Portland you are again pointing out all of the mistakes (in your opinion) that favor SMC. I think you are just spinning and I think you are wrong in your conclusion.
4) And, I'm done with you on this subject and all my "crap".
Happy New Year by the way.
ps I will accept a beer in lieu of an apology and then we can hug it out?
pss I'll shut up and concede that you may see some things that I might overlook and there is no truth to the rumor that I am pushing for the refs to "change their stripes" from Black and White to Red and Blue !!!

willandi
01-23-2016, 08:12 PM
1) I mentioned the moving screen because it was a major topic of discussion here. It was also FACTUAL, a part of the game as opposed to your speculation and opinion as to all of the other calls the refs missed.
2) You were the one that initiated the thread whereby you came to the conclusion that the refs caused GU the game.
3) I respond to what I see as sometimes BS and I felt you qualified with your theory that the refs favor SMC so much so that it cost GU a game and now against Portland you are again pointing out all of the mistakes (in your opinion) that favor SMC. I think you are just spinning and I think you are wrong in your conclusion.
4) if I

Just don't let stats and facts obscure your vision!

ProVeeZag
01-23-2016, 08:19 PM
pss I'll shut up and concede that you may see some things that I might overlook and there is no truth to the rumor that I am pushing for the refs to "change their stripes" from Black and White to Red and Blue !!!

Thanks you two! I enjoyed the verbal fisticuffs!! Back to the game ... (omg, there's another moving screen!):o

DixieZag
01-23-2016, 08:20 PM

Don - you're a good guy, so is Will - big time.

We know we lost b/c we lost concentration or whatever in the last whatever minutes and your guys got hot.

That is not mutually exclusive from a tilted called game.

So, either we are good refs, or watching a different game, or you actually believe that Drainginis committed a foul on that moving screen, you actually think that Domas committed a foul at 6 seconds left (and that other refs around the country would actually call it) and you actually believe that the game was such that SMC fouled so little that our 5 total FTs (one on an intentional foul) represented an evenly called game.

I actually don't believe that. :) But, your team won, it's fine. We did it to you last year. We are way down, but we'll see what happens up here. All we can do is trend up.

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Don - you're a good guy, so is Will - big time.

We know we lost b/c we lost concentration or whatever in the last whatever minutes and your guys got hot.

That is not mutually exclusive from a tilted called game.

So, either we are good refs, or watching a different game, or you actually believe that Drainginis committed a foul on that moving screen, you actually think that Domas committed a foul at 6 seconds left (and that other refs around the country would actually call it) and you actually believe that the game was such that SMC fouled so little that our 5 total FTs (one on an intentional foul) represented an evenly called game.

I actually don't believe that. :) But, your team won, it's fine. We did it to you last year. We are way down, but we'll see what happens up here. All we can do is trend up.

1) I've stated multiple times here that the call on DS was WRONG.
2) I do not remember the Kyle screen
3) I do not believe that the refs favor the Gaels on purpose.
4) I do believe that refs make mistakes
5) I think if someone kept telling you that GU gets favored treatment at times by the refs to the point of swaying games results that you might not like it either.
6) I absolutely believe that Will is a GOOD GUY because you've said so.
7) I Will again apologize for my over excitement to WILL and you good folks
8) I wish a could buy you all a cocktail which I would love to do (I won't be in Las Vegas or I would not have made this last statement).

roxdoc
01-23-2016, 08:44 PM
By the way what is/was the score of the Gael game?

Zagceo
01-23-2016, 08:49 PM
By the way what is/was the score of the Gael game?

89-74 final

ZagNative
01-23-2016, 08:50 PM
Nevada Don is an enjoyable addition to guboards....

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 08:53 PM

Nevada, your posts are great when you're not being defensive.

RELAX

I don't think there's a mass conspiracy so it's not your fault, but some of them just aren't very good at their job.

Go ZAGS!

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Nevada, your posts are great when you're not being defensive.

RELAX

Go ZAGS!

I will try.
Thanks.

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 09:00 PM
I will try.
Thanks.

You're welcome, but the compliment from ZN is the best compliment a poster can get. She's one classy lady, seriously.

Go ZAGS!

DixieZag
01-23-2016, 09:01 PM
I will try.
Thanks.

You're alright.

I woulda' thought your guys would have a bigger hangover let down in the next game. It sure seemed like we did for 30 minutes.

Nevada Don
01-23-2016, 09:18 PM
You're welcome, but the compliment from ZN is the best compliment a poster can get. She's one classy lady, seriously.

Go ZAGS!

Thanks. So many posters here. It's a non stop learning experience. I still don't even know what the references to "taco's" mean but it seems like they are revered and not to be messed with.

I've said this before once or twice before but what I've learned is never trust anyone with less than 500 posts. Look at me, "I'm the perfect example".

Good night from Northern California and the great (?) Central Valley.

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Yet somehow Izzo will get them in the tourney and have a shot to play in the second weekend of the Big Dance. Helluva Coach

Tru dat.

From after the Nevada game...

Don't blame my players, blame me...

Helluva coach, takes good players and makes them giants;
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2610518-matt-costello-scoops-tom-izzo-off-the-ground-with-big-hug-after-beating-maryland

Go ZAGS!

DixieZag
01-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Tru dat.

From after the Nevada game...

Helluva coach, takes good players and makes them giants;
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2610518-matt-costello-scoops-tom-izzo-off-the-ground-with-big-hug-after-beating-maryland

Go ZAGS!

If someone asked me to start a fencing team, the first thing I would do is hire him to coach it - even if he had never seen a fence.

I remember last year watching Texas State beat his team in early December, they looked awful. By the tourney . . .

Every year.

DADoZAG
01-23-2016, 10:03 PM
If someone asked me to start a fencing team, the first thing I would do is hire him to coach it - even if he had never seen a fence.

I remember last year watching Texas State beat his team in early December, they looked awful. By the tourney . . .

Every year.

Ha! That's good.

Go ZAGS!

RenoZag
01-24-2016, 05:48 AM
Good night from Northern California and the great (?) Central Valley.

I grew up in the Central Valley, Nev.Don. There were plenty of things that made it great. Alfalfa and hay were not among them. . .when I relocated in 1994, all of the allergy issues I dealt with were in my rear-view mirror.

Regards,