PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - LMU - 12.23.2015

RenoZag
12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=109397&a=1

Santa came early in the form of the Lions of Loyola Marymount. Zags win handily and their confidence is growing as they head off for Christmas break.

Which stocking hanging from the mantle deserves a little extra ?

Merry Christmas !

Hoopaholic
12-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Without doubt in my book draino. Came in down 9-7 did it all and spurred our run to a 15 point lead
8 points 7 assist 1 turnover 1 steal blocked shot and many other plays don't show in box scores

Rangerzag
12-23-2015, 07:02 PM
I have not decided which player to vote for, but honorable mention certainly goes to Huddy and Matt for the Christmas sweaters at the broadcast table.

RenoZag
12-23-2015, 07:05 PM
I have not decided which player to vote for, but honorable mention certainly goes to Huddy and Matt for the Christmas sweaters at the broadcast table.

:clap:

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Can we vote for Jacko? That kid played his heart out and never quit even when his team was getting run out of the gym. His offensive rebounds and second-chance points prevented this game from turning into a forty-point massacre.

For the Zags, I was really pleased with the heady, efficient play of our two wings. Dranginis played a great game, but I will give it to Alberts for playing the best game of his career.

Hoopaholic
12-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Can we vote for Jacko? That kid played his heart out and never quit even when his team was getting run out of the gym. His offensive rebounds and second-chance points prevented this game from turning into a forty-point massacre.

For the Zags, I was really pleased with the heady, efficient play of our two wings. Dranginis played a great game, but I will give it to Alberts for playing the best game of his career.

alberts didnt do anything the first half, scoring all his points second half...dont think he logged but 5 minutes first half

zagsfanforlife
12-23-2015, 07:16 PM

+1, that kid was IMPRESSIVE. Mini Kenneth Farried.

gozagswoohoo
12-23-2015, 07:18 PM
I went with Sabonis. 15 points and 13 rev is a GREAT night! The stat box lists him as having 1 assist, but I would have bet $5 he had more than that??? Don't know...

Also, Draino played great. SEVEN assists. Very nice.

Reborn
12-23-2015, 07:18 PM
I voted for Wiltjer, but agree about both Alberts and Dranginis. Good to see the guards stepping up.

Baldwinzag
12-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Wiltjer 1st half.

Alberts 2nd half.

bartruff1
12-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Wiltjer

Birddog
12-23-2015, 07:31 PM
I went with Wiltjer, but Sabonis was right there and Dranginis not far behind. It took me awhile to make up my mind tonight.

RenoZag
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Kyle Sabonis ?

whatazag
12-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Voted Wiltjer, but easily Alberts' best game, was great to see. Good passing and defense and scoring other than catch and shoot 3s.

MTZag03
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Sabonis, but I'm very happy to see Alberts develop. We are going to need him. Wiltjer had a good game, especially freethrows but wasn't efficient enough from the field to vote for him.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
alberts didnt do anything the first half, scoring all his points second half...dont think he logged but 5 minutes first half

That's true, but this team has needed somebody to do exactly what he did in this game. He knocked down shots when Wiltjer and Sabonis were getting double-teamed. He extended our lead when the low post wasn't scoring points for us. We have needed somebody other than Wiltjer and Sabonis to pick up the second half scoring load. If he hadn't put twelve efficient points on the board, this might have been another game where we watched a big lead evaporate in the second half.

Obviously, the total production of Sabonis or Wiltjer exceeds what Alberts did, but I voted for him, because he gave us more than we've seen from him.

TravelinZag
12-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Back to back solid team games. Voted Wiltger. Cannot ignore: another double-double by Sabonis, Alberts' best game yet, Draginis usual stat line filler, steady, nearly errorless play by Perkins or contributions when most needed from EMac and Melson. How about those shooting percentages, especially the FTs!!

Hope this play is becoming a habit. If so, this will be the season we dreamed about. Great work, gentlemen. Merry Christmas!

Go Zags!

GrizZAG
12-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Indeed! Jacko was amazing.

Goshzagit
12-23-2015, 08:52 PM
Indeed! Jacko was amazing.

I was just telling my fellow alums and wife…

I wish we had a "Jacko" type player as our 3rd, even 4th Big this season.

Relentless motor, change of pace, athletic, committed defender…

really the perfect compliment to our power-duo.

easy to like him. not highly recruited either.

huge pick-up for LMU. Will be fun to watch the next two years.

kitzbuel
12-23-2015, 08:59 PM
I did go with Domas and his double double.

Can we add team free throw shooting? 91%!

john montana
12-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Voted KW, but happy to see our guards playing better and better.

Zagger
12-24-2015, 01:44 AM
Wiltjer - just so I don't take him for granted!
I also like the Mitch Miller growings on :)

jazzdelmar
12-24-2015, 02:31 AM
I was just telling my fellow alums and wife…

I wish we had a "Jacko" type player as our 3rd, even 4th Big this season.

Relentless motor, change of pace, athletic, committed defender…

really the perfect compliment to our power-duo.

easy to like him. not highly recruited either.

huge pick-up for LMU. Will be fun to watch the next two years.'

He's in Oklahoma.

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-24-2015, 06:12 AM
I voted for Dranginis.....he earned my vote over KW because of his 7 assists (and KW having just 2 rebounds). GUnit has to play a complete game, imho, not just score points.

bballbeachbum
12-24-2015, 10:44 AM
team win, backcourt developing, voted other