• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

GUnit of the Game - LMU - 12.23.2015

Santa came early in the form of the Lions of Loyola Marymount. Zags win handily and their confidence is growing as they head off for Christmas break.

Which stocking hanging from the mantle deserves a little extra ?

Merry Christmas !
    Sabonis
    14.29%
    Wiltjer
    51.95%
    Perkins
    3.90%
    Dranginis
    16.88%
    Alberts
    6.49%
    McClellan
    2.60%
    OTHER ( And why )
    3.90%

The poll is expired.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • Hoopaholic
    • Mar 2008

Without doubt in my book draino. Came in down 9-7 did it all and spurred our run to a 15 point lead
    8 points 7 assist 1 turnover 1 steal blocked shot and many other plays don't show in box scores
    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Rangerzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I have not decided which player to vote for, but honorable mention certainly goes to Huddy and Matt for the Christmas sweaters at the broadcast table.
      "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
      "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
      I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
        I have not decided which player to vote for, but honorable mention certainly goes to Huddy and Matt for the Christmas sweaters at the broadcast table.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

Can we vote for Jacko? That kid played his heart out and never quit even when his team was getting run out of the gym. His offensive rebounds and second-chance points prevented this game from turning into a forty-point massacre.

For the Zags, I was really pleased with the heady, efficient play of our two wings. Dranginis played a great game, but I will give it to Alberts for playing the best game of his career.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Hoopaholic
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
            Can we vote for Jacko? That kid played his heart out and never quit even when his team was getting run out of the gym. His offensive rebounds and second-chance points prevented this game from turning into a forty-point massacre.

For the Zags, I was really pleased with the heady, efficient play of our two wings. Dranginis played a great game, but I will give it to Alberts for playing the best game of his career.
            alberts didnt do anything the first half, scoring all his points second half...dont think he logged but 5 minutes first half
            The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post

+1, that kid was IMPRESSIVE. Mini Kenneth Farried.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                • Feb 2007

I went with Sabonis. 15 points and 13 rev is a GREAT night! The stat box lists him as having 1 assist, but I would have bet $5 he had more than that??? Don't know...

Also, Draino played great. SEVEN assists. Very nice.
                Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

I voted for Wiltjer, but agree about both Alberts and Dranginis. Good to see the guards stepping up.
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Wiltjer 1st half.

Alberts 2nd half.
                    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Wiltjer

Comment

• Birddog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I went with Wiltjer, but Sabonis was right there and Dranginis not far behind. It took me awhile to make up my mind tonight.
                        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                        All mimsy were the borogoves,
                        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Kyle Sabonis ?

Comment

• whatazag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Voted Wiltjer, but easily Alberts' best game, was great to see. Good passing and defense and scoring other than catch and shoot 3s.

Comment

• MTZag03
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2012

Sabonis, but I'm very happy to see Alberts develop. We are going to need him. Wiltjer had a good game, especially freethrows but wasn't efficient enough from the field to vote for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X