PDA

View Full Version : Karno

Zags11
12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
We are bad without him.

seacatfan
12-08-2015, 07:32 PM
It's a bit ironic, before his back injury quite a few on this board were really down on Karno this year. Finding out the hard way just how much he means to the team, way beyond his 8 or 9 pts/game he was averaging thus far.

Zags11
12-08-2015, 07:51 PM
You realize with karno we beat Az most likely. His post defense is so undervalued on this board. I sometimes wonder if its cuz he isn't a good looking guy like sacre. Look up post defense.

Zags11
12-08-2015, 08:00 PM
And struggle vs grizz? No. The guard play has been bad but we are 7-1 with karno. The disrespect for him is weird.

Outraged
12-08-2015, 08:48 PM
karnI is a beast. He is the ultimate center that can hit the three. He is the leader. He is a first rounder and will have a long career in the NBA. AND WHEN HE IS MAD HE IS SOO MAD AND THINGS BETTER FALL IN PLACE. HE JUST NEEDS TO TAKE IT.

Goshzagit
12-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Sadly, I JUST heard he could be out til January. No joke.

Ugh.

Definitely out vs UCLA.

Outraged
12-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Sciatica he needs to hang upside down. Long plane rides can do that to a tall person. He needs to get mad on the bench.

U Zig, I Zag
12-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Edwards better get ready

Zag_Dad
12-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Sadly, I JUST heard he could be out til January. No joke.

Ugh.

Definitely out vs UCLA.

Heard a similar report ... out for a month. Could bad a bumpy ride 😠

ZAGLAWQB
12-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Zags must create offense that results in these numers: Wiltjer 18-22/game 20
Shem/Sabonis 24-30/game 28
Guards 14-16/game 15
Bench players 6-8 10-15 12
TOTAL 75

Work it backwards based on shooting %s and "shots needed" and
institute that pace of shots /game and average possession time per shot.

Lewey
12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
I was at the game today. Watched him a number of time walking to / from huddles. It was clear he was walking very gingerly.

GrizZAG
12-08-2015, 09:39 PM
From experience I can say sitting is the absolute worst thing he can do right now. Stand or lay....right doc?

VinnyZag
12-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Edwards better get ready

Edwards has looked OK. Continues to be a pleasant surprise. They need Karnowski back though.

Zagricultural
12-08-2015, 09:53 PM
This is incredibly depressing! So much for a high seed, but I just hope we get him back and into game shape before March

CDC84
12-08-2015, 10:34 PM
But if the guards are struggling, you need all hands on deck. Anyway you look at, Karno is one of GU's 3 best players. They really need him. Less margin for error.

WallaWallaZag
12-08-2015, 11:14 PM
zags actually miss his passing ability the most...since the guards aren't very good (yet)...karno actually facilitates a lot of the offense when he's in. spacing has also become a lot worse since he went down.

Ezag
12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Karno is our best passer and has a better TO ratio than Perk and Mel

HenneZag
12-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Karno is a huge huge key to our success. Him being out on the floor creates spacing and opens up lanes as well as our shooters. He's so smart and understands passing lanes, positioning, plays defense, draws fouls, and allows our other bugs to rest. It's going to be a tough stretch without him, Edwards will need to grow up fast because our depth just took a major hit. We need to whether the storm, UCLA without PK is a daunting task IMO. Let's see how we respond. I wouldn't be as worried if I knew our guards could come in and provide consistency and scoring but that's not a sure thing.

Ezag
12-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I used to be down some on MT Karno, man I was hugely wrong! (as I am about most things :lmao:)

Zag79
12-13-2015, 04:58 AM
Karno is a huge huge key to our success. Him being out on the floor creates spacing and opens up lanes as well as our shooters. He's so smart and understands passing lanes, positioning, plays defense, draws fouls, and allows our other bugs to rest. It's going to be a tough stretch without him, Edwards will need to grow up fast because our depth just took a major hit. We need to whether the storm, UCLA without PK is a daunting task IMO. Let's see how we respond. I wouldn't be as worried if I knew our guards could come in and provide consistency and scoring but that's not a sure thing.

:agreed:

Stache
12-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Spokesman Sunday morning. Quotes Few saying Karno getting worse. I'd link if I knew how to. I've got my own disc / arthritic back issues, and I sure feel awful for PK. Spinal nerve pain is a different kind of pain and I don't know how he can juggle classrooms much less think of athletics. We are pulling for you to feel better.

Zagceo
12-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Few "not progressing well" but he no longer has pain down the leg

LINK (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/12/15/10220170/przemek-karnowski-injury-its-not-progressing-well-at-all)

JPtheBeasta
12-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Few "not progressing well" but he no longer has pain down the leg

LINK (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/12/15/10220170/przemek-karnowski-injury-its-not-progressing-well-at-all)

Excellent news. Thanks. (Well, at least encouraging).

Few mentioned on his show that this started as spasm and over a day or two it had progressed to leg pain. That is suggestive of spinal nerve root pathology (eg bulging disc, foraminal stenosis, lateral recess stenosis). This is safe to say without getting into HIPPA conversations.

The initial treatment is physical therapy and time. The conventional wisdom is that if they resolve without surgery, they will do so within 4-6 weeks. I'm referring to the leg pain in this case. The back spasms and axial lumbar pains are anybody's guess, but at least he has his wheels back.

Bogozags
12-17-2015, 01:42 PM

Few mentioned on his show that this started as spasm and over a day or two it had progressed to leg pain. That is suggestive of spinal nerve root pathology (eg bulging disc, foraminal stenosis, lateral recess stenosis). This is safe to say without getting into HIPPA conversations.

The initial treatment is physical therapy and time. The conventional wisdom is that if they resolve without surgery, they will do so within 4-6 weeks. I'm referring to the leg pain in this case. The back spasms and axial lumbar pains are anybody's guess, but at least he has his wheels back.

I just hope he improves and after therapy and if necessary, surgery that he is capable of having a normal life...of course we would love to see him come back from this and lead us to the FF and a possible NC BUT that isn't my motivation. Living in a seniors community (55-up) so many of us have chronic back problems where it becomes a gigantic effort to participate in any physical activities because of back issues...fingers are crossed and prayers are being said! Get well!

JPtheBeasta
12-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I just hope he improves and after therapy and if necessary, surgery that he is capable of having a normal life...of course we would love to see him come back from this and lead us to the FF and a possible NC BUT that isn't my motivation. Living in a seniors community (55-up) so many of us have chronic back problems where it becomes a gigantic effort to participate in any physical activities because of back issues...fingers are crossed and prayers are being said! Get well!

Amen, Brother!

Basketball is such a small blip on the radar. I do hope he improves so that he can pursue a professional career in basketball, and help us win games this year, but thanks for putting the bigger picture in perspective.

MTZag03
12-17-2015, 06:39 PM

Really good news it isn't going down the leg. In spinal rehab we talk about central pain (back pain and spasms, etc) versus peripheral pain (legs, feet, numbness, tingling). The first goal is to get rid of the peripheral symptoms. We see it as an good indicator it will resolve if you can do that. Still, this is a PT thing and is based on evidence, but not high quality trials. I hope that gives some optimism though.

I also fully concur that above all I just hope he gets to live a pain free normal life, and hopefully play pro ball. I'd be thrilled if he got to do that and never played another game for GU. I'd be more thrilled if he did get to play more for us. He's a great kid and we all wish him the best.

Zagger
12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Get well soon Shemmick!
In the mean time I've been impressed with Edwards. He appears to me to just need a heavy dose of court time / experience as his basic abilities look solid - IMHO. He's got decent moves, decent speed and decent shots. It'll certainly help both him and the team going forward that he's getting the playing time that he is. The BIS will be interesting in seeing just how well the team is adjusting with Mt. K's presence.

sylean
12-17-2015, 11:56 PM
" a pain free normal life"

there is no such thing....a little ache, a little pain here and there are normal....

Zagdawg
12-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Article talks about Edwards stepping up-

http://www.wccsports.com/news/crumpacker-posting-up-with-gonzaga-s-edwards-12-17-2015

Ezag
12-18-2015, 12:09 PM
A co-worker of mine just saw Karno at Safeway a couple days ago and she says he looked terrible. Was pushing a shopping cart but leaning over it the whole time (wouldn't he do that anyway since he is so tall?). She said it really looked like he was in pain..... :(

Zagger
12-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Article talks about Edwards stepping up-
http://www.wccsports.com/news/crumpacker-posting-up-with-gonzaga-s-edwards-12-17-2015

Not a bad story about Edwards but .... the Grand Tetons are in Wyoming and we play Tennessee on Saturday, not Sunday. Makes one wonder about how factual other items are in the story. Bah, humbug! ;-)

bartruff1
12-18-2015, 12:58 PM
A co-worker of mine just saw Karno at Safeway a couple days ago and she says he looked terrible. Was pushing a shopping cart but leaning over it the whole time (wouldn't he do that anyway since he is so tall?). She said it really looked like he was in pain..... :(

That is the only way I could shop for groceries when I had that problem....used to go as early as possible.....the pain is exhausting

jazzdelmar
12-18-2015, 01:01 PM
That is the only way I could shop for groceries when I had that problem....used to go as early as possible.....the pain is exhausting

Indeed. I once traversed Costco in that condition and I never experience such debilitating pain in my life. My whole body ended up twisted.

northsidezagfan
12-18-2015, 01:04 PM

The "shopping cart sign" is a classic board question.

Zag 77
12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
My Dad does this when he goes grocery shopping. He is 87.

ZagaZags
12-18-2015, 02:56 PM

The good news is, he wasn't walking up Monroe St. like a zombie.

* (Not sure how many of you will get/understand that one.)

Zagdawg
12-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Sam Adams ‏@SWXSamAdams 9m9 minutes ago
Przemek Karnowski not on flight for Saturday's Battle in Seattle against Tennessee. This will be his sixth straight missed game (back).

ZagaZags
12-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Sam Adams ‏@SWXSamAdams 9m9 minutes ago
Przemek Karnowski not on flight for Saturday's Battle in Seattle against Tennessee. This will be his sixth straight missed game (back).

That single open scholarship in 2016 could come in handy. If Karnowski misses the rest of this season, I bet he would return for one final year.

SteelZag
12-19-2015, 04:31 AM
Not a bad story about Edwards but .... the Grand Tetons are in Wyoming and we play Tennessee on Saturday, not Sunday. Makes one wonder about how factual other items are in the story. Bah, humbug! ;-)

A few years ago I happened to notice a story in my local paper that was written by an old classmate. He worked for a Tri-City paper and knowing he had a English degree, I couldn't understand parts of the story and was in a state of amazement. At first, I thought he may of had some illness or injury that was affecting his writing. Somewhat concerned, I looked at the original story as it had been written and there were no errors. I guess I just assumed that newspapers that reprinted articles did what everyone else in the world does and use copy and paste. Apparently it must not work quite that way. :fingergun:

VaBeachZAG
12-19-2015, 06:59 AM
That single open scholarship in 2016 could come in handy. If Karnowski misses the rest of this season, I bet he would return for one final year.

I really hate to see players leave the college programs early. But, I'll wager big bucks that PK would not exercise a medical redshirt option (assuming one may exist) to return next year. He will receive his degree this school year and I am sure this injury has impressed on him how narrow the window of opportunity is for pursuing a professional BB career. Given all factors (including his age), he needs to move on to the next great chapter in his life.

gon2mt
12-19-2015, 07:29 AM
Through all of the info about Karnowski it seems like he is attending games, shopping, etc. One of the key things about back and disc problems is that patients should be on bedrest as much as possible. Particularly with Karnowski's size and the pressure exerted on the disc and nerve.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-19-2015, 08:16 AM

If Karno gets the Medical RS and returns we could be looking at one of the best Zags teams ever next year. I would be so happy! Just feel better Karno!

MTZag03
12-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Through all of the info about Karnowski it seems like he is attending games, shopping, etc. One of the key things about back and disc problems is that patients should be on bedrest as much as possible. Particularly with Karnowski's size and the pressure exerted on the disc and nerve.

No. Bedrest is terrible beyond a day or two. He's doing what he should be. Activity is good.

MontanaCoyote
12-19-2015, 09:30 AM
What comes through on these PK posts more than anything else is just how much Zag fans care deeply about Karno as a person. And just how much we miss him. It's simply not the same without him. Way down deep I'd like to keep Karno
around forever, but I'm with all my fellow posters in only wanting what's truly best for this great kid.

DixieZag
12-19-2015, 09:31 AM
I couldn't imagine a scenario where he'd be back.

And, it is getting hard to imagine a scenario where he is back helping us this year, or at least very effectively.

zag67
12-19-2015, 01:37 PM
All I want to see is that Karno gets a complete recovery. I also do not feel that he would be back next year, unless his stock drops so much in fear of the back. If so we would love to have him back, but I want to see him be able to play in future years. Good luck Karno.

bballbeachbum
12-19-2015, 05:45 PM
All I want to see is that Karno gets a complete recovery. I also do not feel that he would be back next year, unless his stock drops so much in fear of the back. If so we would love to have him back, but I want to see him be able to play in future years. Good luck Karno.

was going to write the same thing

thanks board for all the info on this thread

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-22-2015, 07:17 AM
The ESPN2 telecast showed PK standing in stadium watching Zags vs Pepperdine last night. Man I felt bad for him....tough for a senior to suffer serious injury in his final season and not being able to play the game he has been playing every winter for probably 15+ years.

Hang in there PK. Hope your back injury heals fast and that you remain positive and hopeful during this challenging time. ZagNation is with you!!!!!

realtydog
12-22-2015, 09:30 AM
I didn't see him there last night---he would be hard to miss----where was he "standing in stadium"?

ZaGranny
12-22-2015, 09:35 AM
He was standing in the pre-game huddle on crutches. Then he headed for the tunnel. I could not see him from my angle, but I'm guessing he was standing just inside the tunnel watching the game.

My husband saw him leaving after the game (while I was inside talking to folks).

ZaGranny

Birddog
12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
On TV he was sitting (it appeared) just inside a tunnel.

amaronizag
12-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Karno joined the team on the floor for the pregame huddle. (His crutches are something to behold). He walked very slowly and gingerly on and off the floor. After the huddle, he stood in the tunnel by the GU bench for about 10 minutes of the game, then disappeared into the tunnel and did not return to the floor during the game. I've heard it reported that mentally he is very down because of this injury.

DixieZag
12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Karno joined the team on the floor for the pregame huddle. (His crutches are something to behold). He walked very slowly and gingerly on and off the floor. After the huddle, he stood in the tunnel by the GU bench for about 10 minutes of the game, then disappeared into the tunnel and did not return to the floor during the game. I've heard it reported that mentally he is very down because of this injury.

Just feel awful for him.

This is his year, his team, and then to feel like that without anything he can do about it.

It sure doesn't seem like he is making enough progress such that there is a timetable for his return.

I also doubt that he would return for a 5th year, as much fun as that might be with all who is coming in.

HenneZag
12-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Just feel awful for him.

This is his year, his team, and then to feel like that without anything he can do about it.

It sure doesn't seem like he is making enough progress such that there is a timetable for his return.

I also doubt that he would return for a 5th year, as much fun as that might be with all who is coming in.

I would be pretty ecstatic if he comes back next year, and if he does return I'm certain he is not worried who is coming in but the other way around for any young recruits hopefully that doesn't sway them.

willandi
12-22-2015, 01:08 PM
I was watching a the end of a Lakers game last week, or so, and the opposing team had a center/power forward that had had the surgery on his back and was playing himself back into shape. He had done the rehab and things were going fine.

So, there is hope for Karno. My guess is that he is done with college, unless he can come back this year, but he will get an offer to play professionally, and, now that he knows how tenuous life can be, he will pursue the dream, and the money, that will allow him to go forward in life.

Mantua
12-22-2015, 01:23 PM
I was watching a the end of a Lakers game last week, or so, and the opposing team had a center/power forward that had had the surgery on his back and was playing himself back into shape. He had done the rehab and things were going fine.

So, there is hope for Karno. My guess is that he is done with college, unless he can come back this year, but he will get an offer to play professionally, and, now that he knows how tenuous life can be, he will pursue the dream, and the money, that will allow him to go forward in life.

That seems likely to me.

DixieZag
12-22-2015, 03:04 PM
I know nothing.

And yet, by how it "feels" (in terms of what we hear) - I'd put his chances of being in a Zag uniform again, either this year or next at less than 20%. I would love to be wrong.

So hard. This year is SO different without that 3 headed monster front court.

GoZags
12-22-2015, 03:24 PM
I know nothing.

And yet, by how it "feels" (in terms of what we hear) - I'd put his chances of being in a Zag uniform again, either this year or next at less than 20%. I would love to be wrong.

I'd put his chances of coming back this season ... i.e. mid February ... as 60/40 (or maybe 55/45).

MTZag03
12-22-2015, 04:45 PM
I know nothing.

My stance on student athletes has always been to get your degree first. Karno will have that and an understanding of how narrow his window to play professionally is. My money is on him not coming back next year and I wouldn't fault him in the least.

Jstock12
12-22-2015, 08:29 PM

You are talking about Donatas Motiejunas, a Houston Rockets power forward, also a Lithuanian same as Domas (his injury was the main and only reason Domas was selected for the national men's team). He had a surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back in March, and he was just cleared to practice since the start of December. The recovery was slow, but he really took an effort to come back stronger than ever, rebuilt his body with as little body fat as possible, and added extra muscle mass and strengthened the back muscles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW658gv2hyU

willandi
12-22-2015, 08:35 PM
You are talking about Donatas Motiejunas, a Houston Rockets power forward, also a Lithuanian same as Domas (his injury was the main and only reason Domas was selected for the national men's team). He had a surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back in March, and he was just cleared to practice since the start of December. The recovery was slow, but he really took an effort to come back stronger than ever, rebuilt his body with as little body fat as possible, and added extra muscle mass and strengthened the back muscles.

Sounds right. Thank you! It isn't the end of the world for Karno...just maybe the end in a Zag uni. GoZags reporting a possibility of a Feb-Mar return. That would be great. I don't think he would risk using this as a redshirt and coming back next year, another injury would be the end of a possibly lucrative pro deal.

ZagaZags
12-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Karnowski not coming back this season, blows big time.

http://www.artfire.com/uploads/product/1/711/23711/6523711/6523711/large/this_blows_banana_chunks_t_shirt__s_m_l_xl_2x_3x_4 x_5x__funny_monkey_1b75106e.jpg http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b638284f6a0cc868e4c5137e6a496bc28103fad7/r=880&c=880x495/http/krem-download.edgesuite.net/video/25971061/25971061_Still.jpg

JohnOGU
12-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Heard Richard Fox say, verbatim, that Ryan Edwards is going to need quality minutes because Karnowski isn't coming back.

Zagger
12-24-2015, 02:51 AM
A luxury in life is to simply ignore certain things (head in sand?). And I choose to ignore any and all thoughts of Mt. K not playing for the Zags again. Go Zags!

Zagricultural
12-24-2015, 03:11 PM
My thoughts are that if he truly wants to play in the NBA his best bet is to come back. Scouts are going to want to see him post-back trauma. Here is hoping we see Mt. K in a zag uni again this year though.

Outraged
12-24-2015, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't count him out yet. These things take forever to heal then about the time you give up. It disappears instantly and may never return. The biggest problem is pain management. I am sure he is getting the best care possible. A few more weeks. Mid January we will probably have a better idea. I want our mountain back.

ZagLawGrad
12-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Maybe he's coming back, maybe he's not. But we still got tacos!

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/rdb241/72ca4d31cce4e0aef0679ea77f420573_zpswurq93br.jpg

Goshzagit
12-24-2015, 06:19 PM
All I want for Christmas is -- Karnowski in a Zag jersey once again.

Good health and good cheer to all Zags, especially the biggest one.

God Bless and have fun tonight,

Gosh

MDABE80
12-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Heard Richard Fox say, verbatim, that Ryan Edwards is going to need quality minutes because Karnowski isn't coming back.
WHAT DOES HE KNOW???

GUfan34
12-25-2015, 12:45 PM

While this very well may be the case, you heard wrong.

He didn't say he wasn't coming back

MDABE80
12-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Actually 34, he said something very close to it. I can't recall the exact quote. I was a bit shocked for an announcer to say that like he did. Seemed to me that we are without Karno now and will be this season. If his intent was wrong or his speculation confusing, it was a pretty harsh way of saying it.

raise the zag
12-25-2015, 02:36 PM
My buddy just had a same-day, minimally-invasive discectomy for 'bulging disc'. Procedure took 60 mins. Left hospital that night. 1 inch scar.

Suffered nearly identical symptoms as Karno i.e. fire down right leg, on and off crutches, tightness, radiating pain, difficulty walking, etc

no joke, he's a 100% 6 wks later.

32 yrs old.

zagbeliever
12-25-2015, 04:43 PM

I heard the exact same thing from Fox and was surprised he would say that when there has been no official statement to that effect. Perhaps he has insider knowledge or was voicing his opinion but it saddened me. The important thing though is that he lets himself heal. As much as I would like him on the floor stabilizing the team he needs to do what's necessary to heal. :(

mainer6
12-25-2015, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=raise the zag;1157725]My buddy just had a same-day, minimally-invasive discectomy for 'bulging disc'. Procedure took 60 mins. Left hospital that night. 1 inch scar.

Suffered nearly identical symptoms as Karno i.e. fire down right leg, on and off crutches, tightness, radiating pain, difficulty walking, etc

32 yrs old.[/QUOTE

I've had this same issue. Played in a competitive soccer tournament one day and could barely walk for the next 6 weeks. Then, miraculously I was better. Not 100% but functional. The real issue though is long term nerve damage. I've never been quite the same. Karno will be lucky to be the same but it happens. The surgery is very hit and miss and many claim it makes things worse. Good luck Karno and anyone else who experiences this.

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-25-2015, 06:58 PM
My buddy just had a same-day, minimally-invasive discectomy for 'bulging disc'. Procedure took 60 mins. Left hospital that night. 1 inch scar.

32 yrs old.

Glad to hear your buddy healed after 6 weeks but may be like apples and oranges when talking about a 7'1" 250+ lb guy like PK. Hoping for the best for Karnowski. #PolishStrong

ProVeeZag
12-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear your buddy healed after 6 weeks but may be like apples and oranges when talking about a 7'1" 250+ lb guy like PK

Yep, I'm guessing the other fella wasn't playing post for a top flight D-1 basketball team either. Something no one is mentioning either is, assuming Karno does heal up in Jan-Feb, it will take additional time (weeks?) for him to regain his cardio conditioning, timing, touch, etc. Wishing Karno the best ... we sure miss him on both ends of the floor!

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Yep, I'm guessing the other fella wasn't playing post for a top flight D-1 basketball team either. Something no one is mentioning either is, assuming Karno does heal up in Jan-Feb, it will take additional time (weeks?) for him to regain his cardio conditioning, timing, touch, etc. Wishing Karno the best ... we sure miss him on both ends of the floor!

It doesn't help his conditioning that his injury came so soon after his extended illness. I don't think he is going to be back into game shape for several months.

ZagaZags
12-26-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm hearing Karno won't be able to play this season or possibly ever again. I hope this isn't the case. I got this info from someone that works for GU.

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uploads/2012/06/62.jpg

jazzdelmar
12-26-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm hearing Karno won't be able to play this season or possibly ever again. I hope this isn't the case. I got this info from someone that works for GU.

Geez, ZZ, a little discretion. Or at least self editing.

Bogozags
12-27-2015, 05:31 AM

That is a really big pill to swallow...let's continue to pray and hope our prayers have a favorable response and help him get through this...one day at a time!

hooter73
12-27-2015, 10:01 AM
If so when the official news breaks "We are Przemek" will be trending in a matter of hours. Thoughts and prays for the big guy.

Vanzagger
12-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Stay active Karno. Go snow boarding today

vandalzag
12-27-2015, 10:51 AM

Is this as good as your source who you thought was Josh"s dad? Jazz is right a little discretion would serve you well. Rather than just attention whoring with information that you have no idea is accurate.

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure ZagaZags inside information is ever actually... you know good.

ZagaZags
12-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Is this as good as your source who you thought was Josh"s dad? Jazz is right a little discretion would serve you well. Rather than just attention whoring with information that you have no idea is accurate.

Sorry I couldn't find a way to sugarcoat my post. Yes I mixed up MileHighZag with MileHigh (my bad :fingergun:) Feel free to go back and read what I wrote. I never said his dad. I did say someone close to Josh, possibly even a family member. I hope to heck the Karno information is inaccurate.

Prayers for Karno. :pray:

jazzdelmar
12-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Sorry I couldn't find a way to sugarcoat my post. Yes I mixed up MileHighZag with MileHigh (my bad :fingergun:) Feel free to go back and read what I wrote. I never said his dad. I did say someone close to Josh, possibly even a family member. I hope to heck the Karno information is inaccurate.

We all do. The point is why post it having so little confidence in it.

Mr Vulture
12-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Karno may miss the rest of the year but I highly, highly doubt he never plays again.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-27-2015, 03:43 PM
I think a MRS is something the big fella should seriously consider. Not saying that for selfish reasons either. I believe in my heart of hearts it could be a great move. Hopefully I don't get banned for life for thinking this could be the best route for Karno to take. I want him to play this year also but think returning next year has many benefits.

vandalzag
12-27-2015, 03:55 PM

Bottom line is you do not know what you are talking about and the only reason to post your speculation is because you have to feed you incessant need to be an attention whore.

ZagaZags
12-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Bottom line is you do not know what you are talking about and the only reason to post your speculation is because you have to feed you incessant need to be an attention whore.

Thanks for the good laugh. I posted what I was told from someone who works at GU. He/she told me this last week and granted they are not a doctor but they do seem to have knowledge on the situation. I struggled on whether or not to post it but decided to share what I heard.

Happy New Year Mr. Grumpy Pants.

ProjectMKUltra5
12-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the good laugh. I posted what I was told from someone who works at GU. He/she told me this last week and granted they are not a doctor but they do seem to have knowledge on the situation. I struggled on whether or not to post it but decided to share what I heard.

Happy New Year Mr. Grumpy Pants.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/57383395.jpg

Zag 77
12-27-2015, 05:00 PM
I have it on good authority from my somebody who was at the GU bookstore yesterday for a gift return, that Przemek's parents have been visiting him from Poland, and that when asked by somebody at the bookstore how he was doing, they said "not good." They also wanted him to go home to Poland with them, but he declined to do that.

I am sure that is much more reliable intelligence than some of the obviously unreliable rumors that some have been irresponsible posting.

Goshzagit
12-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Heard from Karnowski.

He's hurting. Badly. Unlike anything he's ever death with; however, he's focused on trying to return THIS season, if possible, yet unsure if he will be able to...

Doesn't know how long it will take him to feel right and play right again.

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH re: a possible return: "haven't really thought about a redshirt, focusing on getting healthy this season, yet will I be able to? I don't know."

He's looking for encouragement and finding the positive. He's feeling it physically and mentally. He is not sure what the future holds, but was direct in stating he could potentially return…

I understand a crowded frontcourt and personel, yet would be welcomed back with open arms, I think.

DixieZag
12-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Heard from Karnowski.

He's hurting. Badly. Unlike anything he's ever death with;.

Well, I would think not. :)

This sounds more believable than some stuff.

Still, there are only a handful of people that really know, and a huge amount of people that want people to think they know. (I am not saying you).

As bad as this is, if it is true, the attitude he demonstrates is the right sentiment.

Outraged
12-27-2015, 07:30 PM
As soon as the bulge stops hitting the nerve he will be fine. Sometime s things work quickly sometimes not. It's a slow process the pain may decipitate in a week or it may take longer. There are different camps on what works best and does not. I think doing what he is doing is the best mental approach. Keeping the routine with continous monitoring will most likely yield the best results for both his personal well-being and his career. Be paitient.

ProVeeZag
12-27-2015, 10:27 PM
the pain may decipitate in a week or it may take longer.

Just had to look it up:

DECIPITATE: to lessen over time; the opposite of precipitate

I am constantly learning new things on GU Boards!

bartruff1
12-27-2015, 11:56 PM
As soon as the bulge stops hitting the nerve he will be fine. Sometime s things work quickly sometimes not. It's a slow process the pain may decipitate in a week or it may take longer. There are different camps on what works best and does not. I think doing what he is doing is the best mental approach. Keeping the routine with continous monitoring will most likely yield the best results for both his personal well-being and his career. Be paitient.

...That is exactly what happened to me....just days before I was scheduled for surgery....... I asked the neurosurgeon what had happened and he said ....." something moved, we could run a MRI to find out, but really what difference does it make."

Now I am better than ever and the pain and the numbness is gone. So based upon my experience, I am hopeful Shem will make a recovery. It could happen...

CDC84
12-28-2015, 08:59 AM
I don't think he is going to be back into game shape for several months.

This is going to be a major issue. It's the number one reason why I don't think he's going to come back this year. There just isn't enough time for that injury to heal and for him to get into game shape.

My worry is that even the injury heals, it could end up being like the bulging disc in the C5/C6 area of my neck. It has never really disappeared....it gets aggravated at times - like when I reach for a can in the cupboard on my tippy toes when I should use a ladder. When you are 7-1, 280+ lbs, I would imagine that playing basketball might be something that causes flare ups. Then again, I never had surgery on my neck. I don't know what's possible with his back.

CDC84
12-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Another issue with him possibly coming back later this year is that teams can sometimes struggle with reintroducing a player into the rotation so late in the season. It can really throw a team off....even when the player is a really good one like Shem.

zagbeliever
12-28-2015, 10:51 AM
he should try the strain/ counter strain method of PT. Only a few PT's are trained in (Litehouse PT for one in the valley). It deals with nerve pain specifically. It would alleviate the pain at least, It worked wonders on my husband's back pain and later his shoulder.

ProjectMKUltra5
12-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Four pages of back advice and sauces. Funny thread

ZagaZags
02-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Geez, ZZ, a little discretion. Or at least self editing.

My bad.

ZagaZags
02-18-2016, 02:10 AM

I guess not.

ZagaZags
02-18-2016, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure ZagaZags inside information is ever actually... you know good.

Absolutely!

ZagaZags
02-18-2016, 02:13 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/57383395.jpg

Stubb's is my favorite.

ZagaZags
02-18-2016, 02:17 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0n8JC3nb-2Y/TkLC0b2ljdI/AAAAAAAAAVc/CFnfo_EvV8Q/s1600/StewieTotalIdiot.jpg

Zags11
02-18-2016, 02:24 AM
My bad.

Who deleted my reply where he wasn't coming back? Mine was on pg 2. Who deletes them? I have legit source on injuries. Oh well.

vandalzag
02-18-2016, 07:45 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0n8JC3nb-2Y/TkLC0b2ljdI/AAAAAAAAAVc/CFnfo_EvV8Q/s1600/StewieTotalIdiot.jpg

Your info was correct but nobody knew for sure until the 30th. Regardless of the quality of the information there is a time and place and this was not it. The old phrase discretion is the better part of valor would serve you well in your future endeavors. Many people on this site have inside information. How it is shared is what garners respect for each poster.
That being said the fact the you are reinforces the contention that your need for attention is your primary motivation in sharing the information.

Coach Crazy
02-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Your info was correct but nobody knew for sure until the 30th. Regardless of the quality of the information there is a time and place and this was not it. The old phrase discretion is the better part of valor would serve you well in your future endeavors. Many people on this site have inside information. How it is shared is what garners respect for each poster.
That being said the fact the you are reinforces the contention that your need for attention is your primary motivation in sharing the information.

Like, for instance, "I'm amazing". We've all known it, but I am just now sharing it. You're all welcome.