PDA

View Full Version : Dickau radio show is gone

Zag 77
12-07-2015, 03:42 PM
It looks like the "Dickau and Slim" radio program is gone from AM 700 in Spokane as of last Friday. All signs of the program have been removed from the AM 700 website and there is one small mention from a visitor on the Facebook page bidding them goodbye. It was not necessarily the best thing on radio but it did have a good dose of GU basketball talk.

slickguser
12-07-2015, 04:00 PM
It looks confirmed.

https://twitter.com/swidmerpodcast

Sean Widmer Podcast ‏@swidmerpodcast Dec 4
Quick heads up. Yesterday was our last show on @700espn. Thank you so much to everyone that helped and listened. We are super appreciative.

DixieZag
12-07-2015, 05:34 PM
It was almost impossible to listen to, directionless.

To be fair, I seriously doubt that they got the kind of production support that is necessary to make a show like that flow well and stay interesting, I seriously doubt the station put up (or could put up) the necessary resources. The difference in professionalism when they transitioned into the next show (Patchens) was black/white.

Dan's a great guy, all-time Zag, better than average color guy on TV, but not a natural on radio and the little support that show looked to receive wasn't up enough to make it very compelling. Good luck, Dan. You've got many more irons in the fire. They could make great use of him as a permanent 3x a week guest on Patchens show during Zag season and NBA playoffs.

hooter73
12-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Meh, it was better than the all seahawks all the time shows on 1510. They did have great guests.

eastsideballer
12-07-2015, 10:11 PM
I really liked the show. It was in a good time slot from 1-3. I thought Slim did a great job, loved his energy and passion. Dan was also solid and added good information from a former player perspective. Their studio was basically a closet and to me the resources seemed pretty sparse.
I would rather listen to those two than the Seattle feeds of Seahawk football all day. With Rome off the air and now this I may have to switch to Sirius. Meh

vandalzag
12-08-2015, 06:56 AM
It was almost impossible to listen to, directionless.

To be fair, I seriously doubt that they got the kind of production support that is necessary to make a show like that flow well and stay interesting, I seriously doubt the station put up (or could put up) the necessary resources. The difference in professionalism when they transitioned into the next show (Patchens) was black/white.

Dan's a great guy, all-time Zag, better than average color guy on TV, but not a natural on radio and the little support that show looked to receive wasn't up enough to make it very compelling. Good luck, Dan. You've got many more irons in the fire. They could make great use of him as a permanent 3x a week guest on Patchens show during Zag season and NBA playoffs.

Too bad for Dan and Slim never like to see anybody lose their job. I never listened to the show, but if the Dennis Patchin's show looks professional in comparison it must have been pretty bad. Patchin's show is the reason I stopped listening to local sports radio, he is just a complete hack.

Zagcity
12-08-2015, 07:08 AM
It looks like the "Dickau and Slim" radio program is gone from AM 700 in Spokane as of last Friday. All signs of the program have been removed from the AM 700 website and there is one small mention from a visitor on the Facebook page bidding them goodbye. It was not necessarily the best thing on radio but it did have a good dose of GU basketball talk.

Very sad, It's a much better program than the 3-5 time slot following it. :(

Zag 77
12-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Actually Patchin, Lukens & Osso from 3-6 is the best sports talk show on Spokane Radio. :)

hooter73
12-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Actually Patchin, Lukens & Osso from 3-6 is the best sports talk show on Spokane Radio. :)
Lol nothing like winning the trophy in the mediocrity race :)

Zagricultural
12-08-2015, 04:44 PM
I much prefered Dan's show to Patchen, Lukens, and Osso. I don't care for theirs at all. Would love to have Dan on for an hour a day where they just do Basketball. I bet it would be super popular. I know I basically listen so I can catch the hoops stuff, and listen to the players and coaches he has on. They should've just focused on Hoops.

DixieZag
12-08-2015, 05:38 PM
I much prefered Dan's show to Patchen, Lukens, and Osso. I don't care for theirs at all. Would love to have Dan on for an hour a day where they just do Basketball. I bet it would be super popular. I know I basically listen so I can catch the hoops stuff, and listen to the players and coaches he has on. They should've just focused on Hoops.

Again, mine is purely subjective opinion and, again, I focus far more on the production back-up they had. I agree that the show was hugely valuable when basketball centered and that's why I think a great use of him would be on the later show (that's at an easier time to listen anyway) and to focus solely on basketball. The lack of back-up when talking Seahawks, Coug football or Mariners made it hard on Dan.