PDA

View Full Version : The Day After

Reborn
12-06-2015, 12:31 PM
I feel pretty good today, which is really nice. I certainly don't feel how I felt yesterday after the loss. The great thing about playing sports is that once the game is over, it's over; and when we have an aweful outing we just need to let the pain go and move on and get ready for the next game. It's importance to NOT LET the negativity grow. The sun is out today, and if feels warmer. That's nice too. It's been so cold, snowy and raining lately. The clouds have passed, the sun is out and the sky is blue. I really like the quote by Blanchett where he said that the Zags have lost at home before in recent years, and all of those Gonzaga teams bounced back.

Most likely there are going to be more set backs because this young backcourt has yet to play on the road in conference play, and that's a whole new experience.

jazzdelmar
12-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Love your resiliency Bornie. But flip side is Zags are a KW injury from being a .500 team going forward. Talent level down.

I feel pretty good today, which is really nice. I certainly don't feel how I felt yesterday after the loss. The great thing about playing sports is that once the game is over, it's over; and when we have an aweful outing we just need to let the pain go and move on and get ready for the next game. It's importance to NOT LET the negativity grow. The sun is out today, and if feels warmer. That's nice too. It's been so cold, snowy and raining lately. The clouds have passed, the sun is out and the sky is blue. I really like the quote by Blanchett where he said that the Zags have lost at home before in recent years, and all of those Gonzaga teams bounced back.

Most likely there are going to be more set backs because this young backcourt has yet to play on the road in conference play, and that's a whole new experience.

Ezag
12-06-2015, 01:16 PM
I still feel that it was a huge missed opportunity that might come back to haunt us

Zagdawg
12-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Your apology is accepted---now lets move forward and support our boys.

Reborn
12-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think it's a missed opportunity. It's just young guards learning lessons and gaining confidence. I bet we'll beat UCLA next week.

TacomaZAG
12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Reality check....................Saturday against UCLA is the last chance this season for a resume building victory. By my count, the only quality victory on this year's resume is the win over UCON in the Bahamas. Pretty thin resume for March if that is the only quality win.

This is where the WCC kills the ZAGS. Anything less than undefeated is a resume killer, and a seed killer come Selection Sunday. It's too bad that all the opportunities for resume wins are in November and December. It's too bad, but that's the way it is, and the guys haven't gotten it done..............yet. Beat UCLA!!!

Go ZAGS

Zagdawg
12-06-2015, 02:24 PM
We have SMU coming up also --they are a good team (#22 AP) --February 13

Zagceo
12-06-2015, 02:33 PM
I don't think it's a missed opportunity. It's just young guards learning lessons and gaining confidence. I bet we'll beat UCLA next week.

UCLA is trending up and Alford is one of the best coaches at halftime adjustments. Bruins want revenge for only loss in Pauley last year.

Section 116
12-06-2015, 04:14 PM
The narrow loss to Arizona is more valuable than the blowout of Mt Saint Mary's!

Birddog
12-06-2015, 04:58 PM
If you're looking for bright spots, then IMO the only bright spot outside of Wiltjer and Sabonis, was Edwards. As I said yesterday, when he backed that guy down with his butt and then lofted the pretty little soft hook shot, it took me back almost exactly 50 years to when I first saw Gary Lechman execute that move. He was the master, Hondo and you Reborn should remember that move. I still don't see why he only got 6 mins, makes no sense to me. 3 of 18 for the guards was just pathetic and although the TO total wasn't all that excessive for the guards, coughing it up 4 times in what 2 mins during crunch time was just killer.