PDA

View Full Version : who told emac not to dunk?

Outraged
12-05-2015, 05:50 PM
I would rather watch him miss two dunks rather than two layups.

WallaWallaZag
12-05-2015, 06:01 PM
ha...true, but at least he didn't have any turnovers and played decent defense...

Zagdawg
12-05-2015, 06:04 PM
I think it was the rim that told him he could not dunk....... ;)

gonzagabasketball
12-05-2015, 06:22 PM
That guy cannot shoot at all, and Im not optimistic he is going to improve. I mean, he has been in college since Perkins was, what, a soph in highschool?

That being said, and to his credit, he doesnt take many forced shots, and most are ones I think he needs to attempt. But for someone who gets to the hole so easily at times, I sure wish he would finish a bit more often, haha.

WallaWallaZag
12-05-2015, 06:32 PM
That guy cannot shoot at all, and Im not optimistic he is going to improve. I mean, he has been in college since Perkins was, what, a soph in highschool? That being said, and to his credit, he doesnt take many forced shots, and most are ones I think he needs to attempt. But for someone who gets to the hole so easily at times, I sure wish he would finish a bit more often, haha.

just like dranginis, a 5th year senior...so what you see is about what you're gonna get...not realistic to expect too much improvement...any realistic hope for the zags has to happen with perkins and melson, particularly perkins.

Zag 77
12-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Just sayin' but I think he has missed about 6 breakaway lay-ins and 3 breakaway dunks so far this season. The two lay-ins he missed today would have come in handy.

Trying to be constructive here. There should be a simple solution; the same one used on my kids when they were little and learning to play basketball:

PRACTICE !!!. That little square on the backboard is the target. The simple, unglamorous, boring stuff involves the fundamentals that win basketball games. Eric should not try to dunk because he can't jump that high in a contested game situation. Maybe he can do it in practice by himself, but that does not count.

but at least he didn't have any turnovers and played decent defense...

No, I beg to differ, Mrs. McClellan. I don't know how the scorer missed them, but I saw at least two turnovers.

FuManShoes
12-05-2015, 07:32 PM
I would rather watch him miss two dunks rather than two layups.

That was me. Sorry. I also told the team to continue dribbling off their feet, throwing it to opponents and generally being as lazy as possible with the ball. Sadly, they followed that advice too.