PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the game replaced with a hairball

Birddog
12-05-2015, 01:11 PM
That is all.

Zags11
12-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Loss was disgusting. Do we win in kennel vs top 20 teams?

Zag4Hire
12-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Well not only did Wiltjer and Sabs play well but they were the only gents who wanted to win outside of Edwards but terrible calls by refs put him in the cooler.

I get it 'sky is falling', overreaction of loss, etc. but what do you really think this team is going to accomplish come March? Granted, I think they will do well against the WCC and it also appears to be another down year for the Gonzaga & Co. Conference but you don't think this team will get zipped up in their 2nd game in the tourney.

Take a 5th place team in the ACC/Big10/Big12/Pac12 against this team on a neutral site and how many do you think this team pulls off?

I am going to through it out there. This team is looking like a #7 seed with a win in the bank and a thrashing compliments of the #2 seed.

RenoZag
12-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Well not only did Wiltjer and Sabs play well but they were the only gents who wanted to win outside of Edwards but terrible calls by refs put him in the cooler.

I get it 'sky is falling', overreaction of loss, etc. but what do you really think this team is going to accomplish come March? Granted, I think they will do well against the WCC and it also appears to be another down year for the Gonzaga & Co. Conference but you don't think this team will get zipped up in their 2nd game in the tourney.

Take a 5th place team in the ACC/Big10/Big12/Pac12 against this team on a neutral site and how many do you think this team pulls off?

I am going to through it out there. This team is looking like a #7 seed with a win in the bank and a thrashing compliments of the #2 seed.

Hard to argue with that. But we are a long way from March so there's still hope. . .

Robzagnut
12-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Dranginis sucks!

I'm so tired watching him play hot potato with the ball. He's a senior and needs to play like one when the bigs are tired or aren't hitting. This is his last year and he's the one who should be stepping up.

Ezag
12-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Dranginis sucks!

I'm so tired watching him play hot potato with the ball. He's a senior and needs to play like one when the bigs are tired or aren't hitting. This is his last year and he's the one who should be stepping up.

He did save the game against UConn which was pretty much like this game and could've been a loss otherwise. He was awful today however as was eMac, Perk and Melson - collective awful

john montana
12-05-2015, 02:38 PM
The team just isn't that good at the moment. A lot of season left, but right now...ugh.

Mike83814
12-05-2015, 03:00 PM
I am going to through it out there. This team is looking like a #7 seed with a win in the bank and a first half lead over a #2 seed that we throw away in the 2nd half.

Fixed it. That said, Wilt and Sabo played like true AA. I guess that's what makes it that much more disappointing.

Zag 77
12-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Wiltjer, Sabonis and Edwards combined for 55 of our 63 points. The guards could only chip in 8 points. That has to be an Anti Unit of the Game.

KStyles
12-05-2015, 06:15 PM
but what do you really think this team is going to accomplish come March?

Tough to say, that's 3 months away.

Zag4Hire
12-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Fixed it. That said, Wilt and Sabo played like true AA. I guess that's what makes it that much more disappointing.

Excellent. Although I did put 'through' for some reason instead of 'throw'. Yuengling typing I guess.

Tough to say, that's 3 months away.

Right but where is the growth trajectory here? Who are they going to play that is going to get them ready for March? There were plenty of years in recent memory where they absolutely trucked the OOC schedule only to flame come March so with early returns, I am not getting my hopes up too much. I think the backcourt has been a luxury for so long it was taken for granted. Think of all those years with Stepp, Santangelo, Bouldin, Pangos, etc. Some real floor generals.

Just when it gets down to it, game on the line, do you trust the backcourt to the run the play effectively? At this point, sadly, for me at least, no.