PDA

View Full Version : worst end of 1st half offense in the country?

seacatfan
12-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Same old same old. Pathetic last possession.

jazzdelmar
12-02-2015, 08:56 PM

Yes, with a bullet. Pretty certain we had a TO

gobroncsgozags
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM
It has to be one of the worst. Poor, if any, play calling and poor execution.

The funny thing is that I think Leon Rice learned from Few because Boise State doesn't seem to execute good plays at the end of halves either.

cggonzaga
12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
I've never understood why teams just don't run offense at the end of half. Iso has to yield a 30% or worse conversion.

seacatfan
12-02-2015, 09:40 PM
I honestly think they're not even trying to score, just making sure the other team doesn't score. Lame philosophy. Why not try to run something and take a little momentum into the half?

uZiGiZaG
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Off topic question : are they just not calling the "hand-checking" foul anymore?

That was just for the first month of the season?

Washington State kept a hand on us this whole game and it wasn't called once

seacatfan
12-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Off topic question : are they just not calling the "hand-checking" foul anymore?

Well, that's exactly what happened last time they tried the same thing. After games that lasted 2 1/2 hours with 50 or so combined fouls and countless FTs that were completely unwatchable, the refs gave up and went back to business as usual.

thespywhozaggedme
12-02-2015, 10:01 PM

Almost as pathetic as your constant negativity. Your posts are making this board unreadable.

maynard g krebs
12-02-2015, 11:02 PM

They are in the business of selling tickets, so they allow a lesser team to keep it close at home so the fans are entertained and will come back.

ZagaZags
12-02-2015, 11:40 PM
They are in the business of selling tickets, so they allow a lesser team to keep it close at home so the fans are entertained and will come back.

The referees knew the point spread was 9.5. They have to answer to their big boss in Vegas.

:jk:

ZagDad84
12-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Hey SeaCat:

I'll admit that I have not watched the offense at the end of the half of all 351 D1 men's basketball teams, but I am willing to bet that the title of this thread might, just might, be a little extreme and certainly not accurate.

ZagDad

seacatfan
12-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Hey SeaCat:

I'll admit that I have not watched the offense at the end of the half of all 351 D1 men's basketball teams, but I am willing to bet that the title of this thread might, just might, be a little extreme and certainly not accurate.

ZagDad

You are correct, I engaged in hyperbole and regret it. I also have not watched all 351 D1 teams. I do get frustrated by a long running pattern of end of half possessions by GU, but it's not likely it's going to change.

MDABE80
12-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Not a good p[lay because it didn't work. SO? our best asset right now at this point is the defense. DO NOT fault the offense when our BIG man is out for the entire game......which we won......

TexasZagFan
12-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Not a good p[lay because it didn't work. SO? our best asset right now at this point is the defense. DO NOT fault the offense when our BIG man is out for the entire game......which we won......

Abe, our opponents in the WCC are going to have major problems with our defense this year, particularly 3-point defense. I'm looking forward to it.

MDABE80
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM
I know! My biggest fear is boredom. ANnd it begins sooner in the sooner in the season. My God it'll be amazing to watch this.