• GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Beat Washington State

Get out of Pullman with a "W", Zags. Please. GoZags
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.
  • Zagricultural
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2012

I personally hate the WSU game. So little to gain, and so much to lose.

Comment

• Zagger
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Some pre-game press:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere previously

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Doesn't sound so collegial or in the spirit of college sports.............I like the game. We usually get a tussle down there. This year, they're looking good. Lots of size and good shooters. Cougs haven't been tested like the Zags so far but they do have undeniable talent.

Comment

• El Zag
          Kennel Club Material
          • Jan 2009

Just " not lose " baby.

Comment

• Coug Tracks
            Kennel Club
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
            Doesn't sound so collegial or in the spirit of college sports.............I like the game. We usually get a tussle down there. This year, they're looking good. Lots of size and good shooters. Cougs haven't been tested like the Zags so far but they do have undeniable talent.
            The talent is better but with 7 newcomers, questions at PG, and a lack of consistencies against the cupcakes, this sets up as a beat down. While I would rather see this game in a few more weeks it probably comes at a good time for us. It's a good reality check for the newcomers. I obviously would hate to see a blowout but I'm interested to see how we respond against GU.

Comment

• Kiddwell
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Punch 'em in the gut!

Kick 'em in their rears!

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• MJGoGaels
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagricultural View Post
                That's what Stanford and Cal have said for 11 years + in playing Saint Mary's. Oh, wait. Cal and Stanford are on the Gael schedule this year. Hmph. Imagine that!
                On to Victory!

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Stanford learned its lesson from that scheduling.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zagricultural View Post
                    I hate that mentality when it comes to in-state/rivalry games. We have always lived off the anytime/anywhere/anyone mentality at GU so why shouldn't we be willing to play a team an hour away who is in a major conference. We only play 1 true road game this OOC. We continually bash on Syracuse/Duke/UW for never playing away from home but now we should be unwilling to play an hour away? It also gives Zag fans a chance to see a game once every 3 years since they are able to purchase tickets to the game. I think we should get off our high horse and appreciate this game.

Comment

• Gonzaga
                      Redshirt
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
                      I hate that mentality when it comes to in-state/rivalry games. We have always lived off the anytime/anywhere/anyone mentality at GU so why shouldn't we be willing to play a team an hour away who is in a major conference. We only play 1 true road game this OOC. We continually bash on Syracuse/Duke/UW for never playing away from home but now we should be unwilling to play an hour away? It also gives Zag fans a chance to see a game once every 3 years since they are able to purchase tickets to the game. I think we should get off our high horse and appreciate this game.
                      Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is why risk a road loss to an oft sub 150-200 RPI "Rival" when you don't need to. Who cares if one of the dregs of college basketball happens to play in a "major" conference. If their RPI is mid to lower WCC level, who cares?

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Gonzaga View Post
                        Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is why risk a road loss to an oft sub 150-200 RPI "Rival" when you don't need to. Who cares if one of the dregs of college basketball happens to play in a "major" conference. If their RPI is mid to lower WCC level, who cares?
                        I guess I just don't see the big deal in maintaining a rivalry that has seen almost 150 games played in it. It's hardly a "road" game when we get to the game and travel home all within the same day while receiving a decent amount of fan support even on the road. We don't even trade home and home. It's essentially a 2-1 split in our favor.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
                          My comment was referring to my personal angst over this game. Seems always to be closer than it should, and I would prefer to be playing a more rewarding game if it is going to be this tough. Same way I hate playing usf at their place. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2008

Beat WSU

Comment

Working...
                            X