PDA

View Full Version : No Tarczewski on Saturday

thegloriousgoateeofKP
12-01-2015, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status/671798793113735168

Bummer...wanted to play them at full strength

Mantua
12-01-2015, 12:27 PM
If the difference is between an asterisk and a loss, I'll take the asterisk.

Nevertheless I'm sorry that Tarczewski is injured.

jazzdelmar
12-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Tainted

77Zag
12-01-2015, 12:38 PM
A wounded Cat will be dangerous none the less.

Go Zags -- Beat The Cougs, Beat the Cats!!

Zag_Dad
12-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Sorry Tarczewski won't be able to play, however, if I recall correctly Karnowski dominated him both times they faced off.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Last time I saw them play, Ryan Anderson was down on the floor holding his ankle. If he's not at 100% and no Zeus at all, we better win by 25.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Sorry Tarczewski won't be able to play, however, if I recall correctly Karnowski dominated him both times they faced off.

Didn't dominate him either time.

No reason for AZ to go to Kaleb in the tourney game as they dominated us with ease, can't take that matchup too seriously (although many did). Why even give the ball to Tarczewski when Gordon is embarrassing Dower every time up the floor? If Karno had helped, Gordon would have dumped it off and Tarczewski would have had many more points.

The game last year saw Karno score 10 with 11 rebounds. Tarczewski had 11 and 7. Again, his team won. Karno hasn't dominated anybody in his matchups with AZ. That's not to say he won't this year.

Zagricultural
12-01-2015, 01:17 PM
I actually think we match up better against Tarczewski than a smaller, faster lineup. Karno has matched or outperformed him every time they've met. Karno has trouble with the little speedsters.

raise the zag
12-01-2015, 01:27 PM
I actually think we match up better against Tarczewski than a smaller, faster lineup. Karno has matched or outperformed him every time they've met. Karno has trouble with the little speedsters.

This.

That 4-guard lineup + Ryan Anderson worked pretty darn well, once they got the swing of things…

I worry more about Karnowski or Wiltjer trying to defend Ryan Anderson, or match-up with a 6'6" athletic combo guard around the rim.

Personally, given our struggles vs athletic PF's, I'd prefer to see Zeus bodying up Karno, than Karno chasing around some zippy forward.

Not to mention, playing & beating them at full strength.

Zagdawg
12-01-2015, 01:44 PM
I think he is talking about the previous game in the dance when Karnes had 14 and 10 and "T" finished with 6 and 5.

Zagger
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I hope the Zags clobber the bunch o' Sun worshipers! The loss last year sucked!
While I'm frothing at the mouth ..... If any 'flopper' gets Sabonis a foul on Saturday I'll be one screaming maniac! I hate floppers!

seacatfan
12-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Arizona has another 7 footer, Ristic, a soph. He's not as good of a defender as Zeus but smoother and more naturally gifted on offense. Haven't seen the last several games, not sure if he started with the injury to Zeus. Coach Miller seems to keep him on a fairly short leash, probably because he values defense more than offense.

USF transfer Tollefsen has been struggling quite a bit so far for the Cats. I was expecting more from him. Still early in the season though. He's had several good games against GU while he was a Don.

MTZag03
12-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I would definitely say Karno has got the better of Tarzcewski. He plays much better against similar players. As others have said the bouncy forwards are tougher for him. Plus he'll probably get his once a game foul call for being too big. Feet set, arms up, not moving... Foul. I hope Arizona plays their 7 footer.

Also, Tollefson always seems to do well against us. Not sure who could play him defensively. Draino too small, Wiltjer too slow. Sabonis?

If they go with four guards that could be pretty tough. It could keep our best players off the floor.

Zagger
12-01-2015, 03:35 PM
If they go with four guards that could be pretty tough. It could keep our best players off the floor.
Methinks the opposite. If we have bigs on the floor against smaller defenders - Zags can put up points. Our 3 shooting is getting better. If they double/triple team MtK/Sabonis they'll pay. Of all the games this season I'm REALLY looking forward to the Zags/Arizona game. I believe we're primed for one kick-arse game. Go Zags!

krozman
12-01-2015, 08:19 PM
The only thing that will ever beat Gonzaga this year is Gonzaga....... that and a dude from Davidson that shoots 3's and eventually becomes an undefeated NBA MVP player. Barring that guy again, we either win or we beat ourselves.

seacatfan
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
The only thing that will ever beat Gonzaga this year is Gonzaga....... that and a dude from Davidson that shoots 3's and eventually becomes an undefeated NBA MVP player. Barring that guy again, we either win or we beat ourselves.

Have you seen Michigan St. play this year? They look darn good from what I've seen. Might be a few other teams out there that can beat Gonzaga without GU beating themselves.

Hoopaholic
12-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Have you seen Michigan St. play this year? They look darn good from what I've seen. Might be a few other teams out there that can beat Gonzaga without GU beating themselves.

North carolina looked aweful good tonight too

kansas no slouch either

Outraged
12-01-2015, 08:40 PM
This reminds me of time when the entire Boise State team had the flu.

seacatfan
12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
North carolina looked aweful good tonight too

kansas no slouch either

Both of those teams got important additions tonight. Marcus Paige made his first appearance of the year coming off an injury for the Heels, by far their best outside shooter. The NCAA must've finally stopped fiddling their thumbs and determined highly touted freshman Diallo is eligible for the Jayhawks, he made his debut tonight.

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status/671798793113735168

Bummer...wanted to play them at full strength

He's really not that good, Kristic (?) is better.

seacatfan
12-01-2015, 08:48 PM
He's really not that good, Kristic (?) is better.

Close, no K. He's a better offensive player than Zeus, but Coach Miller trusts Zeus more.

seacatfan
12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
So...maybe no Karno either? Not playing against Wazzu tonight. We won't get the battle of the Polish centers version 3, but maybe the battle of the 7 foot backup center instead.