PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings 12-1

LongIslandZagFan
12-01-2015, 06:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings/_/show/first

Wow... Seth Greenberg and Andy Katz putting Zags really low... meanwhile perennial Zag-hater Myron Medcalf... has Zags at 10.

realtydog
12-01-2015, 07:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings/_/show/first

Wow... Seth Greenberg and Andy Katz putting Zags really low... meanwhile perennial Zag-hater Myron Medcalf... has Zags at 10.

wow -------you mention Greenberg and Katz and don't mention that Sean Farnham doesn't even have them ranked?

willandi
12-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Obviously losing to T A&M by 1 pt on a missed shot means nothing.

LongIslandZagFan
12-01-2015, 07:11 AM
wow -------you mention Greenberg and Katz and don't mention that Sean Farnham doesn't even have them ranked?

Wow.. missed that one. Damn.

basketballzag
12-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Wow.. missed that one. Damn.

Farham only has one team West of Oklahoma (Oregon) ranked in the top 20?

raise the zag
12-01-2015, 08:33 AM

Some dudes undervalue, or pay no attn to defense -- Farhham has always been one.

Listen to Greenberg and Bilas talk about our effective defense, and the #'s prove it, especially on the perimeter.

Listen to Farnham's broadcasts and analysis, not a single mention of defense, only guard-play and offensive sets.

It shows he's only paying attn to our guards. Not surprised.

IF our guards develop on pace, along with Gonzaga's first perimeter defensive team D, watch outů

Top-10.

MDABE80
12-01-2015, 09:23 AM
1 loss in 1 game by 1 pt early in the season...............it's an excuse.

hooter73
12-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Goes to show that the rankings are governed as much by the eye test as they are by win/loss, rpi, and +/- percentages.

In other words, just win.

VaBeachZAG
12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Goes to show that the rankings are governed as much by the eye test as they are by win/loss, rpi, and +/- percentages.

In other words, just win.

This, plus the fact it's way too early in the season to get a solid feel where teams should fall in relation to each other. Two weeks into the new season these opinions (and that's all they are) are virtually meaningless. If the Zags take care of business in the month of December, these pundit charts will look a lot different.

MDABE80
12-01-2015, 11:22 AM
I didn't think we looked good.ie top 10 good in any of the Bahama games. TO's, marginal rebounding, FT's terrible..and clumbsiness passing and with tthe ball.... We won with defene NOT superior Offense. We came out on top. Just viewing us, I'm not surprised at the ranking. I AM surprised we only lost one.........and the other one point win could be an L.
Just not looking sharp.
The offsense begins with the guards. LD shooting not good, passing flashy but not good....TO"s etc. We really and seriously have tons of room to improve.!

btzag
12-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Love how Kansas, duke, unc, Virginia and Vandy all have a loss and the comments about them are extremely positive overall and dismissive of their losses. Then you hit the the zags and it's all negative, even our win vs a top 20 opponent! Typical national media bs.

raise the zag
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Farnham calling the Zags/UCLA game on 12/12.

We will get an opportunity to hear his thoughts then...

Mantua
12-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Farnham calling the Zags/UCLA game on 12/12.

We will get an opportunity to hear his thoughts then...

Doesn't he live in S.F.? He rarely misses a chance to underrate the Zags. I don't believe his decision to leave the Zags off of his list had much to thinking and probably had a lot to do with being disappointed all these years as the Zags have proven him to be wrong. He would have voted for USF if he could have justified the vote at all.

Coach Crazy
12-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Some dudes undervalue, or pay no attn to defense -- Farhham has always been one.

Listen to Greenberg and Bilas talk about our effective defense, and the #'s prove it, especially on the perimeter.

Listen to Farnham's broadcasts and analysis, not a single mention of defense, only guard-play and offensive sets.

It shows he's only paying attn to our guards. Not surprised.

IF our guards develop on pace, along with Gonzaga's first perimeter defensive team D, watch outů

Top-10.

If you are saying we are Top 10 now, I agree. If you are saying we will be with developed guard play, I disagree. At that point we'll be Top 5 without many teams outside of Kentucky and a few others that could stop us from winning the whole thing.