PDA

View Full Version : Predict Gonzaga's win-loss record not counting the NCAA Tournament

Reborn
11-28-2015, 05:16 PM
I know there was a similar prediction thread before the season started, but I felt it was too early to make a prediction. We have all seen the Zags play enough games now to know a lot more than we did a few weeks ago. There will be 32 games counting the conference tournament.

30-2

I'm not sure where the loss could come. It could be @ SMU, or it could come at BYU. I think what helps the Zags the most is our schedule. This may be one of the best schedules the Zags have had. There toughest non conference games are at home.

I have loved this team from the beginning and I still do. What I saw in the Bahamas is very encouraging to me. Our guards especially mad tremendous improvement. The chemistry of this team is not strong yet, but that's what the non-conference is all about. The coaches will iron out the things that need to be ironed out. Turnovers were certainly a big concern going into the Bahamas tournament, but I feel there has been good improvement in this area. I also felt 3 point shooting might be a problem this year, but our "Ninja shooters" showed up big time in the Bahamas. There has been huge concern about our guards (including the 3), and they certainly answered the bell in the Bahamas. For me the win yesterday was huge. The team showed one heck of a lot of character. Finally, our defense is great. I love how our guards have been playing D.

At this point of the season we do not look quite as good as the team last year, but that team had so much experience. The team this year has shown a kind of toughness that has impressed me, and I love that. As I said earlier, the Zags' schedule this year is better than last year. Finally, I don't think the WCC is as good as last year. At this point I just do not see a team that can beat the Zags.

MDABE80
11-28-2015, 05:18 PM
28-4 with guards playing like they should. 25-8 if they play like in the Bahamas.

Baseline
11-28-2015, 05:24 PM
5 loses total from here on.

zag67
11-28-2015, 05:48 PM
28-4 if we do not improve in the next 3 weeks.
30 -2 if we do improve

Not too many teams can contain our bigs. And our guards will hold their own against almost all of the teams we play.

stevet75
11-28-2015, 07:30 PM
3 losses. 4 if guards are slow to develop.

23dpg
11-28-2015, 07:57 PM
31-6 was my prediction before the season started. That included post season.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?54928-Predict-the-season-record

Since the Pitt game is a draw, I'll say 28-5 before the tourney.

I counted 33 games. That's assuming 3 in the conf tourney. Did I miscount?

cggonzaga
11-28-2015, 09:31 PM
31-1 or 30-2. I'd truly be surprised if we lost more than 1 more game. I won't predict tournament games though. Just depends on how we're playing at that time.

gonzagafan62
11-28-2015, 09:40 PM
1 loss already.

1 loss against Pepperdine.
1 loss vs BYU
1 loss out of SMU, Arizona, UCLA, Washington State
1 silly WCC loss.

5 losses

ZagaZags
11-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Considering the fact GU will have 30 regular season games ( possibly 1 more.) And a chance to win 3 in the WCC Tournament, I will go with 31-2 going into March Madness.

Mr Vulture
11-29-2015, 09:53 AM
They will lose 5-6 games before the tournament and 1-2 of those will be in conference play. Those expecting only one more loss on the year are gonna need to put the koolaid down..haha. I do think this team may be better than last years come tournament time.

maynard g krebs
11-29-2015, 11:00 AM
4 losses by selection day.

cggonzaga
11-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Vulture, have you seen the WCC this season? The league as a whole is as bad as I've seen it. I mean REALLY bad.

kclubfounder
11-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Vulture, have you seen the WCC this season? The league as a whole is as bad as I've seen it. I mean REALLY bad.

But even a "terrible" team like Santa Clara can take Arizona to overtime on a neutral court. Let alone what St Mary's, Pepperdine and BYU can do when they have a great night.

cggonzaga
11-29-2015, 11:31 AM
I think that tournament showed Arizona has a long ways to go this season. I'm not saying we can't be beat in league play but it's going to take us playing a C game or worse and somebody playing their best game of the season.

jchocolate99
11-29-2015, 11:55 AM
unless these guards start rolling on all cylinders, clean up these turnovers and start making free throws we're gonna drop 2-3 in league. Everyone saying the WCC is horrible this season that is all fine and well but we all know damn well that doesn't matter once GU takes the court on the road in WCC. Guard play has helped us from some potential losses in years past and I just don't trust this backcourt to handle that adversity yet. I would love a 30-2 season but just dont see that with this team as they learn and learn how to win I'm predicting 4-5 losses. Not trying to come down on this team but this is a season that is gonna really help our guards to grow for next season when we really will need to depend on them with all the young inexperienced talent we'll have in the front court.

Reborn
11-29-2015, 12:08 PM
31-6 was my prediction before the season started. That included post season.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?54928-Predict-the-season-record

Since the Pitt game is a draw, I'll say 28-5 before the tourney.

I counted 33 games. That's assuming 3 in the conf tourney. Did I miscount?

I only considered two games in the WCC tournament. Is there 3?

RenoZag
11-29-2015, 12:24 PM

The automatic bye into the WCC tourney semi-finals ( for the 1st & 2nd place teams in the regular season) went the way of the dinosaur last year. . .Zags faced USF, Pepp, and BYU at the WCC tourney last season.

23dpg
11-29-2015, 12:25 PM

I thought that when the WCC added Pacific, they changed the tourney rules, eliminating the double bye.
7-10 play and 8-9 play. The top seed plays the 8/9 winner in quarterfinals now....I think.

Mr Vulture
11-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I have seen the league and it's not as bad as some are making it out to be. BYU and Pepperdine both could beat us on a given night. Additionally, other teams can occasionally get hot. I only said 1-2 losses in league anyway...it's not like I said 5 or something. I will stand by my expectations as this team is going to have some growing pains. Like I said, that doesn't mean they won't be as good as last years team come tourney time.

Reborn
11-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Ok So I will go with 30-3. I do like 3's. hahaha

Tmac5360
11-30-2015, 11:43 AM
I feel like this group will get better and better. I also think that the only real power left on the schedule is Arizona. That being said they are not unbeatable by any stretch. I think they will lose one in conference and one more out of conference. Total of 3 loses. Record: 30-3.

MDABE80
11-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Busy work.

Zagnificent
11-30-2015, 12:05 PM
30-2. I bet they lose to BYU in the WCC tournament.

ZagsGoZags
11-30-2015, 04:02 PM
top of WCC may be almost as good as last year, and maybe bottom is worse
but St. Mary's played well against Stanford, and it was convincing, they beat Stanford 7 or 8 times out of ten, IMO
so top four teams are strong I think,

so for this thread
I'll say 3 losses, 2 more after A&M

Reborn
11-30-2015, 04:43 PM
I feel like this group will get better and better. I also think that the only real power left on the schedule is Arizona. That being said they are not unbeatable by any stretch. I think they will lose one in conference and one more out of conference. Total of 3 loses. Record: 30-3.

@SMU will be a very tough game. I think the toughest. They are ranked in the top 25 now I think, or close to it.

Zags are going to handle Arizona at home Saturday. We owe them from last year. Can hardly wait for that one. Has anyone heard how Tarczerski's ankle is? He inured it in the Santa Clara game was held out of their loss to Providence.

just read a quote in the Hawaii News Now site on the internet on Nov 27th. This is what it said, "Head coach Sean Miller said in his pregame radio interview that he expects Tarczewski to miss an extended period of time."