Indiana State
Quinnipiac

according to Katz......

Underwhelming...Very Underwhelming.

raise the zag
11-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Underwhelming...Very Underwhelming.

Um, compared to what?

Iowa St is currently ranked #4 (Top-5 team)

Miami is currently ranked #15 (and moving up, project as Top-10 next yr)

Stanford returns their starting 5 (young team, probably Top-25 next yr)

Florida is also young and on the mend. Brand name.

Gonzaga will probably be Top-20 depending on finish.

As far as pre-season tourney's go, its not the best, but not too shabby either.

4 Top-25 teams out of 8 teams in the field.

kclubfounder
11-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Dates?

CDC84
11-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Nothing official, but I would imagine November 24, 25 and 27. They usually start on Thanksgiving, skip Saturday, and have the final games on Sunday.

It is underwhelming compared to the fields that you usually see at Atlantis and Maui.

Iowa State will be losing four of their five starters, including Niang. They have a new coach as well, so I have no idea how recruiting is going. Not sure if Florida will ever be what it was under Billy D. Seton Hall, Indiana State and Quinnipiac are potential high risk, low reward games.....

If Miami wants to bring their program to the next level, they need to stop losing to teams like Northeastern. They have some real young talent coming in, but they keep dropping these games every year that they have no business dropping. But yes, they will likely be GU's biggest challenger in Orlando next year.

Zagnificent
11-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Stanford has looked awful this year. Iowa St. will be in a rebuilding mode, and Miami is Miami (not a national contender). Florida isn't much more than the team that plays Kentucky tight once or twice a year, and the rest of the field are gimmies. Heck, more people know Quinnipiac for their political polling than their sports teams (can't say I blame them, either). Is it too much to ask to be in a tourney with a projected 1 or 2 seed?

whatazag
11-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Not packed with top 15 teams, but still an okay field

GoZags
11-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Not packed with top 15 teams, but still an okay field

Agree .... very much a decent field ....

Hoopaholic
11-27-2015, 08:47 PM
I think it will be a great tournament for the team considering we may be starting an entire new front court

sittingon50
11-27-2015, 09:09 PM
I think it will be a great tournament for the team considering we may be starting an entire new front court

This.

raise the zag
11-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Including the "3" spot.

seacatfan
11-27-2015, 09:54 PM
I see 4 Sr. on Miami's roster, including the 2 starting guards and I think the C. I'm pretty sure the 2 guards McClellan and Rodriguez (transfer from K State, can't remember if he was there when the Zags played them) are who makes the team go. Really not sure the Canes will be trending up next year.

RenoZag
11-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Conferences represented:

Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac 12, SEC, WCC, MVC, MAAC

The Miami and Florida fan-bases should put some fannies in the bleachers. Given the destination, there might be a fair turnout from the cold-weather states.
There's some potential for RPI enhancers in that line-up of opponents (when compared to WCC regular season cannon fodder).

Hoopaholic
11-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Including the "3" spot.
Absolutely. I have always considered the three spot as part of front court and not part of the backcourt

GrizZAG
11-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Hoop for Prez. He is the new Voice of Reason

Goshzagit
11-28-2015, 09:33 AM

Sabonis is now projected Top-10 pick by the most reputable draft sights and actual scouts.

As much as we know that DS loves Spokane, being a Zag, the college experience, even academia, he is most likely gone, imho.

He's no longer just a potential lottery pick, some saying much higher. Top-10 talent.

I realize money is no concern to him or his family, BUT injuries are…no matter your social status, so…

As Domas said himself, via Mark Few show last week, "my focus is this season, but my goal is to play in NBA".

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him stay or go.

He's definitely an NBA talent. He's now scoring with both hands. Shooting has improved. Ball handling too. Still growing -- only 19.

He's one less foul prone move away from a starter at the next level, not just a role player. Sky is the limit...

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-28-2015, 12:58 PM
I am surprised that none of the fourteen B1G teams are represented in the field. This is a fairly high profile tourney, so you'd think at least one of them would accept an invitation. They can't all go to Maui and the Bahamas.

My kids will probably take their dad to Disney World for Thanksgiving in 2016.

jimmycarter
11-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Already planning on making the trip.