PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - UCONN - 11.27.15 ?

RenoZag
11-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Ugly wins are still wins. Zags get bookend victories versus Huskies from either side of the country. Not sure I'm ready for a season of stress tests like this one. . .what a Jekyll & Hyde game: stellar first half, nightmare second half.

Who get's your vote as the player of the game, Zag Nation ?

Question: How do these games help the coaching staff as they continue their preparation for the regular season WCC grind ??

Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekends

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/RenoZag/UCONN%20Box_zpslgyzgqob.png (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/RenoZag/media/UCONN%20Box_zpslgyzgqob.png.html)

hooter73
11-27-2015, 10:32 AM
The Mike Hart award goes to...

Jstock12
11-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Dranginis. Dude does all the little things that amount to big things.

Ezag
11-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Draginis saved this game

jazzdelmar
11-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Gotta be KD with Mac and DS close behind. Perks gets whatever the opposite award is. Just awful.

Marcus
11-27-2015, 10:39 AM
I like what Eric was doing out there for the most part, he gets my vote.. He had a good game, was the most efficient guard at getting into the offensive sets. No turnovers too. KD came up big down the stretch with two big plays.

bballbeachbum
11-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Kyle Dranginis. What a step up when needed most. the coolest quality of all

LongIslandZagFan
11-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Draino... The putback and steal saved their hides down the stretch

hooter73
11-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Gotta be KD with Mac and DS close behind. Perks gets whatever the opposite award is. Just awful.

Ah come on, he's only at -17!!!!!!!!

whatazag
11-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Mac had a good game, minus the silly attempt to dunk rather than layup. But the 0 assist line is telling when he was playing PG the majority of the game.

Think gotta go with KD with his couple plays at the end saving us, but Sabonis and McClellan could be worthy as well.

TexasZagFan
11-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Wow...26 votes in and not one for either Wiltjer or Sabonis...telling.

Say all you want about the youth/inexperience of our PG, I think the Big Three need to step up...cut down on turnovers, hit their bunnies, etc.

Birddog
11-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Drano! great game even better at the end. Drano says no to Chernobyl.

Bogozags
11-27-2015, 11:13 AM

I really believe that if Perkins could have played an entire season with Pangos and Bell his game would be much more consistent and effective. He was "cheated" last year by what should have been a Flagrant 2 foul. I think he is doing quite well regarding this being his first year in D1...he has a lot to learn and in the second half of the A&M game, he displayed WHY Coach Few went after this guy so hard!

We all know he is a smart and selfless player and the team will benefit from his learning in the first 10-15 games...IMO he will be ready by Dance Time.

Marcus
11-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Mac had a good game, minus the silly attempt to dunk rather than layup. But the 0 assist line is telling when he was playing PG the majority of the game. Think gotta go with KD with his couple plays at the end saving us, but Sabonis and McClellan could be worthy as well.

I don't agree. While he was not racking up the assists, he was the only guard that seemed capable of getting the team into the right offensive sets. The no turnovers were great to see as well.

kitzbuel
11-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I really believe that if Perkins could have played an entire season with Pangos and Bell his game would be much more consistent and effective. He was "cheated" last year by what should have been a Flagrant 2 foul. I think he is doing quite well regarding this being his first year in D1...he has a lot to learn and in the second half of the A&M game, he displayed WHY Coach Few went after this guy so hard!

We all know he is a smart and selfless player and the team will benefit from his learning in the first 10-15 games...IMO he will be ready by Dance Time.
His play in the A&M game is encouraging to me. He needs time and experience and he will be fine. Fans just need to deal with some hair raising moments while getting there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

TravelinZag
11-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Draginis! Props to Melson and McClellan for their excellent contributions. If A&M wins the tournament, the one-point loss is offset by the win over UConn.

TravelinZag
11-27-2015, 01:29 PM
So much for that. Two losses probably drops U-Conn out of top 25, and loss to unranked Syracuse may drop A&M out as well. What could have been. Need to win the rest before league play to claw back into a shot at playing first two NCAA games in Spokane. Chance to be the unofficial PAC 12 champ in the process!

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2015, 02:12 PM
So much for that. Two losses probably drops U-Conn out of top 25, and loss to unranked Syracuse may drop A&M out as well. What could have been. Need to win the rest before league play to claw back into a shot at playing first two NCAA games in Spokane. Chance to be the unofficial PAC 12 champ in the process!

By the time Selection Sunday rolls around, I'm confident both UConn and A&M will be Top 20 teams. They just got their first win vs a Top 20 team in like 3 years, according to ESPN ticker, so a 1 pt loss to A&M on a neutral site is not going to hurt their seeding in light of how high a seed they've been able to earn the past two years without a win vs top 20 opponent on their resume.

Bogozags
11-27-2015, 02:43 PM
His play in the A&M game is encouraging to me. He needs time and experience and he will be fine. Fans just need to deal with some hair raising moments while getting there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Agree completely, experience doesn't happen over night - it takes time and the fan base just needs to give him the time to learn...

zagamatic
11-27-2015, 04:08 PM
My vote went to Kyle, and not the one who is getting the all American press. The guards in general are doing about as well as I thought they would at this point with 2 glaring exceptions: 1, amount of fouls they're committing (mostly Perkins) and 2, free throws. If they clean up those two things, we'll be just fine. If not, it's going to be a much more stressful season to be a fan than it needs to be.

CdAZagFan
11-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Went with KD with his overall effort and last couple of huge plays, but Sabonis is close 2nd. Just dominated down low for much of the game.

RenoZag
11-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Battle 4 Atlantis all-tourney team

Two Syracuse players made the Battle 4 Atlantis all-tournament team.

Trevor Cooney made the five-player team, while Michael Gbinije made the team and was also named the tournament's MVP.

The rest of the team included Texas A&M's Danuel House and Jalen Jones. The fifth member of the all-tourney team was Kyle Wiltjer.

Reborn
11-28-2015, 10:40 AM
nice to see Kyle D get Player of Game. Very deserving. He really stepped it up against UCONN, and that is exactly what we need from him. And now even more leadership.

jazzdelmar
11-28-2015, 10:56 AM
I know this poll is all or nothing. But not much love for the Bonus who had 12-9 in little more than a half. And 2 steals and was plus 6. I also voted for KD for his end game heroics. Still.

Mantua
11-28-2015, 11:14 AM
KD

Kyle's experience is paying dividends and providing backbone when it is critical.

I am so happy to have seen Silas and EMac start to harness their talent with confidence and judgment.

Wiltjer and Sabonis continue to contribute invaluably but, like everyone else, came away from the tournament with some homework assignments.

After this weekend, I bet practices will be much more productive. This team is getting better.

WallaWallaZag
11-28-2015, 06:21 PM
went with draino for the end of game heroics and continued excellent defense...was hoping wiltjer would become more of a go-to guy when games get tight but so far doesn't seem to have it in him...has faded a bit down the stretch past two games.

77Zag
11-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Dranginis = Hart

We need this type of player...always