PDA

View Full Version : McClellan should stick to layups

FuManShoes
11-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Unlike Zag hair, missed dunks are a tradition I'd just as soon see retired. Then again you love the effort ...

VinnyZag
11-27-2015, 10:38 AM
I mean, I love the confidence and optimism. But, yeah. Maybe a little too much hubris.

zag67
11-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I thought he played a great game tonight. He gave us super minutes when Perkins got in foul trouble.

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-27-2015, 10:52 AM
His twisting transition layup after the missed dunk was a beautiful play.

Outraged
11-27-2015, 10:54 AM
I think we are extremely lucky to have Eric out there. I think he is our quickest player. I feel most comfortable with him dribbling up the court. I am okay with that shot I think he will go for the high percentage shot in the future. I would love to see him use and make that shot when we go lethargic.

RenoZag
11-27-2015, 10:57 AM
I thought he played a great game tonight. He gave us super minutes when Perkins got in foul trouble.

Indeed. Very steady today. ZERO turnovers.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2015, 11:08 AM
McClellan was clutch for Zags today. He knocked down a huge 3 pointer late in 2nd half when Zags offense was sputtering...again.

I love his aggressiveness and would happily endure a few overly optimistic dunk attempts than to see him stop attacking the other team with a vengeance.

A very big win for the Zags...good confidence booster.

bballbeachbum
11-27-2015, 11:18 AM
McClellan was clutch for Zags today. He knocked down a huge 3 pointer late in 2nd half when Zags offense was sputtering...again.

I love his aggressiveness and would happily endure a few overly optimistic dunk attempts than to see him stop attacking the other team with a vengeance.

came up big. wasn't there a whistle on the dunk attempt today?

23zagmd
11-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Looked like a completely diff player today! Kudos to him...besides he got fouled and should have been an intentional with possession

tyra
11-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Coach Krause once told me that Eric is the fastest player with a basketball GU has ever had. Boy oh boy did we see that a couple of times today.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-27-2015, 12:03 PM
came up big. wasn't there a whistle on the dunk attempt today?

Yeah, he got punched right in the booty on his way up. Enough to cause anybody to question what's going on while their airborne.

gonzagabasketball
11-27-2015, 12:40 PM
I dont think he is a particularly good shooter, but he seems to take shots mostly in the flow of the offense, and shots you have to have your 1 or 2 take. His ability to drive is necessary, and I like his size and effort on defense and rebounding. One thing Ive noticed this year is GU has the size and athleticism at the 1-3 to give other teams fits, and thats been something they havent had in a while. They surely need to shore up the mental side of the game, but you can see it coming together in spurts. Consistency will be a key development for this team.

bballbeachbum
11-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah, he got punched right in the booty on his way up. Enough to cause anybody to question what's going on while their airborne.

yeah, he was up there pretty high when that happened

webspinnre
11-27-2015, 01:11 PM
He should also reduce the number of jumpers he takes - not much of a shooter. Stick to driving and laying it in, which he is quite good at it.

ZagsGoZags
11-27-2015, 01:17 PM
when emac and silas get to the rim, with players all around them, they should lay it in --
trying to tomahawk jam the ball should be saved for those breakaways when they are by themselves at the rim
replace hubris, with true manly pride to take the two safe points, and forego the newsreel dunk unless it is a sure thing.

ZagsObserver
11-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Much better today. But you can't be an effective point guard if you don't get assists, particularly with the Zag's bigs. Dribbling around isn't going to make the offense flow.