PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs UCONN Predictions and what you'd like to see in the game

Reborn
11-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Gonzaga 77
UCONN 72

This is going to be another thriller in Atlantis. I can hardly wait. I was hoping we would get to play UCONN. We owe them, that's for sure. We have had great games with them in the past, and tomorrow will be the same.

To win Gonzaga will certainly need to shoot better from the foul line. They will also need to continue to play very good defense and rebound. I also would love to see them hit 10 three's tomorrow. And they can. The turnovers were down in the second half today, and that helped, but I hope we see less than 14 turnovers tomorrow.

Finally I would LOVE to see some passion from the Zags. And i hope they have fun. They looked so passionless today, accept for Perkins. Texas A&M had the energy and passion the whole game. They looked like the team that really wanted to win. Gonzaga needs to get off it's high horse and come back down to Earth and begin to play with the passion that is so important in this game.

DixieZag
11-26-2015, 05:28 PM
I want to see our stars play like stars.

It shouldn't be that easy to take them out of them game.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Since my prediction on the Zag game was wrong today I will refrain from predicting. Just don't want to be a jinx. I just watched the UConn post game presser and MAN are the players spent. Not so much physically but possibly mentally after losing to a bitter rival. It seems like Gonzaga has a HUGE advantage tomorrow considering how the times of the games have broken down in the tournament. Ollie mentioned "Gonzaga is not just a GREAT offensive team but also a GREAT defensive team". It seems Gonzaga will be a very solid favorite amongst all the pundits. UConn could be a good team though so it should be fun to watch.

Kiddwell
11-26-2015, 07:17 PM
No Prisoners, a poem
<ahem>
Roses are red,
Not talking "hate,"
Not wishing "dead,"
Just "obliterate." Grrrr....

-------
Gonzaga University - 78
Another Mangy Set of Huskies - 62

:[

jim77
11-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Hope the bigs make better decisions.....UCONN by 12.

Mike83814
11-26-2015, 10:27 PM
I'd like to see Sabonis not foul out and Perkins pick up right where he left off. And free throws. For the love of god, free throws. I'd like to see the guys hit above 60%.

If these things happen, 82-75 - GU.

If not, 75-70 UCONN.

gonzagafan62
11-27-2015, 04:38 AM
I'm not falling for this one.

UCONN - 75
My Bulldogs - 71

I just don't see us winning this game and j sure didn't see us beating Syracuse either. Sucks but I just don't see it.

Prove me wrong zags. Taking more time out of busy work schedule to watch your games. I enjoy it!!!

Zagger
11-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Hmmmm ..... I'll try it again, Zags 88, opponents 66. Maybe this time it'll work ......

What I want to see - Zags w/ 88 or more points. Free throws - all net types. I was at the '08 BIS when UCONN hung 88 points on the Zags. Great game but Zags lost in OT. Time for revenge! Go Zags! Knock another Huskie bunch off the island!

LongIslandZagFan
11-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Puke-on 188
Zaggies 40

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2015, 05:50 AM
My prediction is Zags win if the following things happen

- Sabonis calms down and 'lets the game come to him' more...he seems too spastic. Forcing shots, dumb offensive fouls. He has to trust the guards more instead of thinking he has to make something happen on his own every time he touches the ball.

- Coach Few needs to trust his bench more and give Alberts, McClellan and, to a lesser degree, Edwards more playing time. Third game in 3 days, basically a 6 man rotation for the entire 2nd half last night. I like what we saw from Perkins and love Melson's defense, but Zags need more than a 6 man rotation.

- Figure out how to feed the post vs a 2-3 zone and/or drive into the teeth of the zone then make a pass to an open teammate.

- I think McClellan was benched for not feeding the post. Both Wiltjer and Sabonis forced the issue on offense several times and had bad turnovers as a result...when the finally get the ball they overcompensate and force the issue. Karno seems more advanced at holding the ball and making the right play....he just isn't getting it enough either (and he's gotta make the bunnies!!).

TexasZagFan
11-27-2015, 06:23 AM
My prediction is Zags win if the following things happen

- Sabonis calms down and 'lets the game come to him' more...he seems too spastic. Forcing shots, dumb offensive fouls. He has to trust the guards more instead of thinking he has to make something happen on his own every time he touches the ball.

- Coach Few needs to trust his bench more and give Alberts, McClellan and, to a lesser degree, Edwards more playing time. Third game in 3 days, basically a 6 man rotation for the entire 2nd half last night. I like what we saw from Perkins and love Melson's defense, but Zags need more than a 6 man rotation.

- Figure out how to feed the post vs a 2-3 zone and/or drive into the teeth of the zone then make a pass to an open teammate.

- I think McClellan was benched for not feeding the post. Both Wiltjer and Sabonis forced the issue on offense several times and had bad turnovers as a result...when the finally get the ball they overcompensate and force the issue. Karno seems more advanced at holding the ball and making the right play....he just isn't getting it enough either (and he's gotta make the bunnies!!).

You may be right about McClellan. I think it was more of Few knowing what Eric brings, and needing to find out more about Josh and Silas.

RenoZag
11-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Third game in 3 days means tired legs, jump shots falling short, fatigue setting in. . .playing for third place is disappointing, etc.

I hope the Zags are the better team at overcoming these hurdles.

The blueprint for Zags opponents going forward is going to be "Don't let Domas beat us." Others will have to step up to pick up the slack.

Yesterday's disappointing defeat had a silver lining in the prominence of Josh Perkins; hoping today's contest demonstrates the overall character of this year's squad includes gritty hard-fought resilience.

Making more shots at the charity stripe wouldn't hurt either. . .

CdAZagFan
11-27-2015, 07:40 AM
It's hard to predict a Zags win over a very tough OOC opponent until we start seeing some passionate, consistent backcourt play. Unfortunately, I'm guessing we lose this game. Hope I'm very wrong. Would like to see our bigs back in control again (much more big-to-big play), would like to see Perkins with another strong, aggressive game. Would LOVE to see some decent free throw shooting. Would love to see very few turnovers. Would love to see Melson have a good game shooting and driving. And hoping Alberts and McClellan also contribute.

Jstock12
11-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Well, at least Domas can't play any worse than he did against Texas A&M, right? :)

Mr Vulture
11-27-2015, 08:01 AM
For all the doom and gloom on here after one loss...let's get this back to reality. I think the Zags win this by 15pts+....

Gonzaga - 81
UCONN - 65

Reborn
11-27-2015, 05:01 PM
I feel great about my prediction. I came pretty close. The more I watch the Zags the better I'm getting to know them. We got the 10 three's and less than 14 turnovers, while holding our own on the boards. We played great defense again for most of the game holding them to .08% shooting from beyond the arc. Great game zags....Go Zags!!!

maynard g krebs
11-27-2015, 07:36 PM
- I think McClellan was benched for not feeding the post.

I think it was because of the fact that ATM was doubling the posts on the catch, and getting away with some fouls as well, making post play largely less effective than usual. For that reason the Zags needed to have more perimeter shooters in the game to spread the floor, and McClellan is spotty from outside and not shooting well that day.