• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malastein
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I'm thankful after today's game

I'm thankful that the defense was absolutely stellar today. I'm thankful that our young guards will only improve, and that our coaches absolutely know that this is where they will focus their attention. I'm thankful that Perkins showed that he really has it in him to lead the team as he gains experience going forward. I'm thankful that Karnowksi is an absolute beast as he is the heart and soul of this team. I'm thankful that Wiltjier is so versatile that he makes up for quite a bit of the inexperience with our guards. I'm thankful that this team is still so competitive and won't roll over in any game this year. And I'm really thankful this isn't March yet!
    The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

I was glad to see Josh Perkins take ownership of the team in the second half of today's game.

I was glad to see Melson play the best defensive game of his career.

I was glad to see some really good team defense for most of the game.

This team will be a good one. I am going to enjoy it.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• HenneZag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2012

There was a lot of things to scratch my head at the last 5 mins of that game. With that said I will give some credit to Few for letting his future guards play that tough stretch, and give them an opportunity. Now I don't agree with Melson getting the last shot and I'm not sure what the plan was. On the flip side if he made that shot we would be talking about how great of a play it was and heralding the young guard.
      America's Team!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

Thankful and glad to see improvement this early in the season
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• GrizZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
          There was a lot of things to scratch my head at the last 5 mins of that game. With that said I will give some credit to Few for letting his future guards play that tough stretch, and give them an opportunity. Now I don't agree with Melson getting the last shot and I'm not sure what the plan was. On the flip side if he made that shot we would be talking about how great of a play it was and heralding the young guard.
          Right on. Kind of like the field goal kicker from 52 yards with 3 seconds on the clock and you are behind by 2. Hero or target, no in between.
          One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

I'm thankful I am a Zag fan.
            I'm thankful for our coaches.
            I'm thankful for our players.
            I'm grateful that Gonzaga is one of the best basketball programs in the USA.
            I'm thankful that I have eyes to see the game, and the strong heart that survives these tough losses.

I'm thankful that we get to play UCONN tomorrow because it another chance to beat a top 20 team. I did not want to play Syracuse.

Great thread Malastein
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Great post Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X