PDA

View Full Version : Post game thread for Zags vs UW

Reborn
11-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Gonzaga wins by 16, 80-64.

I thought the Zags defense made the difference. The defense is way ahead of the offense. Our height was also a huge difference on offense. Most of the Zags' points came from our big men: Wilter with 24, Sabonis with 17 and Karno 12. Wiltjer and Dranginis led the team in rebounds with 11 each. The game was extremely sloppy and the refs called the game very close. It seemed the game was really a free-throw contest. IMO it is good to call the game close in the early season to get the players to understand the rules early on.

I was pretty impressed with Kyle Dranginis. When the ball is in his hands the team runs smoothly. He really knows how to get the ball to the right people. His experience and athleticism really makes the difference, especially in a game like this one where the opponent has so many freshmen playing.

I was not impressed with out any of our guards. They handled the poor poorly and shot poorly. As a team the Zags shot 50%, however if ther guards had shot a decent percent it would have been in the high 60's. The Zags made 2 three-point shots. I'd say that's really really poor. IMO the guards show no confidence in handling pressure defense. And sometimes they make the most careless turnovers. Fortunately, I thought they did well in the beginning of the game, and it got really sloppy as the game went on. I sure thought Perkins would be much better. He had a really bad game imo. Showed very little confidence in handling the ball. I thought Melson had made a break-threw in his last game, but he returned to his old form of forcing shots and missing.

BobZag
11-25-2015, 10:56 AM
In the words of Darth Vader: "All too easy."

bballbeachbum
11-25-2015, 11:00 AM

I thought the Zags defense made the difference. The defense is way ahead of the offense. Our height was also a huge difference on offense. Most of the Zags' points came from our big men: Wilter with 24, Sabonis with 17 and Karno 12. Wiltjer and Dranginis led the team in rebounds with 11 each. The game was extremely sloppy and the refs called the game very close. It seemed the game was really a free-throw contest. IMO it is good to call the game close in the early season to get the players to understand the rules early on.

I was pretty impressed with Kyle Dranginis. When the ball is in his hands the team runs smoothly. He really knows how to get the ball to the right people. His experience and athleticism really makes the difference, especially in a game like this one where the opponent has so many freshmen playing.

I was not impressed with out any of our guards. They handled the poor poorly and shot poorly. As a team the Zags shot 50%, however if ther guards had shot a decent percent it would have been in the high 60's. The Zags made 2 three-point shots. I'd say that's really really poor. IMO the guards show no confidence in handling pressure defense. And sometimes they make the most careless turnovers. Fortunately, I thought they did well in the beginning of the game, and it got really sloppy as the game went on. I sure thought Perkins would be much better. He had a really bad game imo. Showed very little confidence in handling the ball. I thought Melson had made a break-threw in his last game, but he returned to his old form of forcing shots and missing.

pretty much agree with this Reborn.

could go totally against the grain and say the point guard by committee down the stretch, mistakes and all, came through, but it was shaky. KD and Melson and Emac all contributed some positives from that spot to hold off UW when they were making their charge in the second half, but inconsistent to say the least. Perkins was fine in the first half, then got shackled with fouls and molded on the bench.

sittingon50
11-25-2015, 11:24 AM
There were those that said the huskies couldn't shoot.

Apparently the only swag they brought back from China were a lot of bricks from the Great Wall.

Marcus
11-25-2015, 11:27 AM

Apparently the only swag they brought back from China were a lot of bricks from the Great Wall.

Nice 50, I like it.

Reborn
11-25-2015, 11:38 AM
ha ha ha nice post BobZag!

Marcus
11-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Things I liked:
Big to big passing. The three of them really play well off of each other.
Dranginis, he is quiet but he is a leader out there. Calms guys down, makes the right plays.
Answering a mistake with a positive after every time W tried to make a run.

Things I didn't like:
Unforced turnovers.
Missed free throws.
Shaky ball handling without Perkins.

Good win overall and best part about it is the mistakes are fixable. This is the first real heavy minutes any of the guards are getting. Work in progress, but slowly improving.

raise the zag
11-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Perkins really needs to learn how to utilize his body to dribble against pressure. Much like Pangos used his butt & changed directions all the way down the court. It wasn't pretty or speedy, but it worked.

No 'style' points, but crossovers don't work to beat a press. Ever.

BULLDOG#1
11-25-2015, 11:50 AM
These games are so valuable for the young zag guards. They led the team to a win, which is all that matters.
Posters on this board are too hard on them. I'm guessing that before this tournament is over, the zag guards will silence a few folks on this board.

Hoopaholic
11-25-2015, 11:57 AM
These games are so valuable for the young zag guards. They led the team to a win, which is all that matters.
Posters on this board are too hard on them. I'm guessing that before this tournament is over, the zag guards will silence a few folks on this board.

If they cut down their turnovers, make solid shot selection, box out and play better on ball defense I will be happy to be silenced......it is areas we are deficient in and if we expect to stay on task and improve with eye on wcc play and then tournament these are areas that need improving

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 12:04 PM
KD's handle has improved. I trust him more with the ball than McClellan. Definitely not hitting on cylinders (even our bigs...which should scare the crap out of everyone not named Gonzaga), but if the guard pack finds their rhythm, it'll be a Final Four. It will be. This is where a WCC schedule helps.

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 12:08 PM

Honestly, I don't like agreeing with some here...but I don't believe people are being too harsh. We won't get much further than a Sweet 16, and maybe (very maybe) an EE, unless these guards figure things out. Josh seems tentative. I understand that it's about running certain sets and getting an overall offensive rhythm. But I don't think our guards need to pass up open lanes. Drive it to the hoop and create some imbalance in defensive spacing. At the worst, you've got a contended shot selection, at best you either get fouled, And 1, or have an open Gonzaga shooter either from 3 or the weakside of the paint (where Gonzaga really excels at passing).

MickMick
11-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Honestly, I don't like agreeing with some here...but I don't believe people are being too harsh. We won't get much further than a Sweet 16, and maybe (very maybe) an EE, unless these guards figure things out. Josh seems tentative. I understand that it's about running certain sets and getting an overall offensive rhythm. But I don't think our guards need to pass up open lanes. Drive it to the hoop and create some imbalance in defensive spacing. At the worst, you've got a contended shot selection, at best you either get fouled, And 1, or have an open Gonzaga shooter either from 3 or the weakside of the paint (where Gonzaga really excels at passing).

The false equivalency schtick grows weary on me. You see it everywhere. In the media, in politics, on these boards.

One guard plays miserably and and it somehow qualifies all of them as being equivalently bad.

If you don't know which one I'm talking about then you aren't paying attention. I'll give a hint. Few gave him a "death stare" and a scowl when he subbed him out.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Alberts needs to get more run, that kid is deadly from beyond the arc. Just his presence alone would be a big help to the spacing.

Perkins
McClellan
Alberts
Wiljter
PK/Sabo

That's a lineup I think could be very effective. Alberts and Wiltjer are great outside threats, Perkins can be competent from three and can run the pick and pop with Wiltjer, having decent shooters out there would give Emac space to work. I'd be hella happy if that lineup got some serious burn.

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 12:25 PM
The false equivalency schtick grows weary on me. You see it everywhere. In the media, in politics, on these boards.

One guard plays miserably and and it somehow qualifies all of them as being equivalently bad.

If you don't know which one I'm talking about then you aren't paying attention. I'll give a hint. Few gave him a "death stare" and a scowl when he subbed him out.

I'm watching at work, so I missed the death stare. I was only giving one instance, but I saw enough from our guards in general that my statement wasn't projecting one performance onto the rest.

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking the death stare was after Melsons errant cross court pass.

maynard g krebs
11-25-2015, 12:30 PM

I thought the Zags defense made the difference. The defense is way ahead of the offense.

Kenpom now has the Zags 6th overall, but with the offense ranked 8th and the defense 14th. The warts are there, for sure, in terms of guard play, but with the exception of Melson, everybody is trying to do move the ball and get it in to the posts, and they are producing.

I was kind of shocked that the Huskies tried to play the Zags' bigs straight up. If I were them I'd be swarming the posts immediately on the catch and forcing the Zags to prove they could both find the open man and hit jumpers. Zags were 2/8 on 3's, and Wiltjer doesn't look like he's shooting it with confidence at the moment. So it was baffling that they let the Zags go one on one for the most part. If I was Romar I'd have tried to make the Zags shoot as many 3's as possible.

Huskies' only chance was playing whack-a-mole; refs were whistling it tight in the 1st half which led to the big lead. 29 fts for the Zags in the 1st; 15 in the second though it seemed the Huskies were fouling more in the second. Seemed like the refs knew it was over so they started swallowing their whistles, and I think that accounted for some of the sloppy play. Same whistles in the 2nd, that's a 25 pt win imo.

Melson's play is the one thing that concerns me the most; he didn't need to be taking tough one on one shots in this game. If he does that against a better opponent, it will hurt. Hope this game is a coaching opportunity and he starts getting it; otherwise with this roster it looks better with Alberts on the floor. He lets the game come to him and doesn't force stuff and is efficient.

Perkins just needs time to get the rust off and get his rhythm back; he really hasn't played in almost 2 years, outside of 100 minutes in 5 games, and his year at Huntington was a regression. Patience.

23zagmd
11-25-2015, 12:38 PM
if only he had a better handle and little blow by speed!

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-25-2015, 12:40 PM
So I was one poster who expressed concern that UW could turnover the Zags and run them out of the gym if our guys did not come ready to play. I was not impressed by our first two games and the non-game vs Pitt.

Now, I cannot understand all the negativity on this board. Zags played their toughest opponent by far in the early season (Pitt 1/2 does not count imho, because it was so damn slippery nobody could play their game) and beat UW by 16...though it never seemed that close.

I am thrilled with what I saw from the Zags today. Executed a gameplan to feed the bigs, played exceptional D and knocked down shots. I have way more confidence in the Zags now then I did prior to this game.

23zagmd
11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
wow, he looked completely out of it today....throwing the ball all over the arena and dribbling it off his thigh repeatedly. Hope he gets it corrected!

GU69
11-25-2015, 12:49 PM
I am thrilled with what I saw from the Zags today. Executed a gameplan to feed the bigs, played exceptional D and knocked down shots. I have way more confidence in the Zags now then I did prior to this game.

Me too. I was worried about this game because I had gotten convinced that UW has some good athletes and might be too much for our guards. It's still early; Perkins and Alberts are going to improve and in the meantime Dranginis is a steadying force. I thought that everyone looked just fine for this stage of the season.

Hoopaholic
11-25-2015, 12:54 PM
Alberts needs to get more run, that kid is deadly from beyond the arc. Just his presence alone would be a big help to the spacing.

Perkins
McClellan
Alberts
Wiljter
PK/Sabo

That's a lineup I think could be very effective. Alberts and Wiltjer are great outside threats, Perkins can be competent from three and can run the pick and pop with Wiltjer, having decent shooters out there would give Emac space to work. I'd be hella happy if that lineup got some serious burn.

Wow one f the most consistent do all player with tons of experience isn't on your list....wow

Hoopaholic
11-25-2015, 12:55 PM

After ignoring Sabonis wide open at block he makes a flashy pass that becomes turnover instead of a dunk

kyle dixon
11-25-2015, 12:57 PM
I think there is too much talk about the guard play today. Was it great? No. The turnovers, fouls, and decision making were questionable at times. However, the win did occur.

Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell were warriors. Four year players that delivered. Perkins played three games last year. McCllellan played a half a season at best. Melson was pressed to burn a red shirt year after Perkins injury and played a limited role. He is now thrust in to being a major contributor. The guard play is only going to get better as the players learn to gel and feed off of one another. The bigs will continue to be the Zag strength. This season the Zags will develop and only get stronger. My two cents...

Mantua
11-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Apropos of the upcoming series with UW, Seth's advice is "Mark Few, he had better recruit some dudes..."

What????!!!

Well, I can hardly wait for next year's game.

:lmao:

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 01:00 PM
I think there is too much talk about the guard play today. Was it great? No. The turnovers, fouls, and decision making were questionable at times. However, the win did occur.

Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell were warriors. Four year players that delivered. Perkins played three games last year. McCllellan played a half a season at best. Melson was pressed to burn a red shirt year after Perkins injury and played a limited role. He is now thrust in to being a major contributor. The guard play is only going to get better as the players learn to gel and feed off of one another. The bigs will continue to be the Zag strength. This season the Zags will develop and only get stronger. My two cents...

But Mac played at Vandy.

TexasZagFan
11-25-2015, 01:01 PM

No wonder the cab fare around Karno was so steep...all that added weight.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Wow one f the most consistent do all player with tons of experience isn't on your list....wow

Fix your panties bud. I just said I would like to see that specific lineup, not that any other lineup or player wouldn't work.

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 01:16 PM

This is only one lineup. Games traditionally have multiple lineup sets.

Worthington
11-25-2015, 02:01 PM
My thoughts...

I'm not going to complain too much any time we get a 16 point win, but clearly we're far from playing our best basketball out there. I took so much joy in watching our bigs completely dominate their highly touted freshmen from start to finish. That's got to be our bread and butter this year so I was happy with how the game plan was executed, and we continued to pound it down low rather than taking lower percentage outside looks.

On the other hand, our back court was lackluster again overall. This was obviously a very long and athletic UW team, but like many others have said the ball handling and decision making was subpar on the whole. It was nerve racking watching them try to dribble up the court against pressure at times. Melson, McClellan and Dranginis all have a looooong way to go in the ball handling department. I honestly thought Perkins started off the game great, but was really thrown out of sync by the foul trouble and disjointed minutes.

The free throw shooting from McClellan and Dranginis is unacceptably bad for guards. They were particularly bad today, but even at their averages they are both probably around 60% which needs to improve. Specifically Kyle should be much much better from the line than he is right now. After all, how many games did Kevin Pangos ice for us at the line over the course of his career? We're going to have a lot more trouble escaping some of those games without a ballhandler who can knock em down late for us consistenly.

Again, kudos to Washington for their athleticism and energy giving us some problems, but I didn't think our effort on the defensive glass was that great today. We gave up way too many 2nd chance opportunities and were fortunate to escape a couple possessions where they had multiple shot attempts. To a certain extent an athletic team like that is always going to give you problems on the boards, but we were routinely out hustled and lost the 50-50 battle in my opinion.

Sorry if this is too nit picky for some, I really am happy with our performance and think this was a good win, but I'm always looking for ways that the team needs to improve.

TacomaZAG
11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Apropos of the upcoming series with UW, Seth's advice is "Mark Few, he had better recruit some dudes..."

What????!!!

Well, I can hardly wait for next year's game.

:lmao:

Mantua, I caught that too and was smiling after I heard it. Maybe Coach should recruit some dudes who can't shoot, can't play team basketball, and aren't going to the Dance.

Yeah.................he should do that!!!

Go ZAGS

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 02:13 PM
My thoughts...

I'm not going to complain too much any time we get a 16 point win, but clearly we're far from playing our best basketball out there. I took so much joy in watching our bigs completely dominate their highly touted freshmen from start to finish. That's got to be our bread and butter this year so I was happy with how the game plan was executed, and we continued to pound it down low rather than taking lower percentage outside looks.

On the other hand, our back court was lackluster again overall. This was obviously a very long and athletic UW team, but like many others have said the ball handling and decision making was subpar on the whole. It was nerve racking watching them try to dribble up the court against pressure at times. Melson, McClellan and Dranginis all have a looooong way to go in the ball handling department. I honestly thought Perkins started off the game great, but was really thrown out of sync by the foul trouble and disjointed minutes.

The free throw shooting from McClellan and Dranginis is unacceptably bad for guards. They were particularly bad today, but even at their averages they are both probably around 60% which needs to improve. Specifically Kyle should be much much better from the line than he is right now.

Again, kudos to Washington for their athleticism and energy giving us some problems, but I didn't think our effort on the defensive glass was that great today. We gave up way too many 2nd chance opportunities and were fortunate to escape a couple possessions where they had multiple shot attempts. To a certain extent an athletic team like that is always going to give you problems on the boards, but we were routinely out hustled and lost the 50-50 battle in my opinion.

Sorry if this is too nit picky for some, I really am happy with our performance and think this was a good win, but I'm always looking for ways that the team needs to improve.

There is no need for people to apologize for making criticisms that are accurate. As long as it stays in the lines of 1. What actually happened and 2. Having a purpose that is constructive. The free throw shooting absolutely needs to get better, along with some other things.

Having said all this, we are quite a bit from being the polished tournament team we need to be and we just rolled a PAC12 team by 16. Maryland has had to fight back against a few lowly teams, and they are in the Top 10 with us. Is the sky falling? No, but the sun ain't completely out either. The guards are going to get there, it's just a question of when. And when they do? We'll roll all the way to the Final Four. From that point, it will be a dog fight for a chance to do something that every single person on this board wants.

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 02:22 PM
"polished tournament team we need to be and we just rolled a PAC12 team by 16."

That's so last decade thinking, coach. Zags are a top 10-15 CBB program, conferences are meaningless.

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 02:28 PM
"polished tournament team we need to be and we just rolled a PAC12 team by 16."

That's so last decade thinking, coach. Zags are a top 10-15 CBB program, conferences are meaningless.

Disagree. Not completely. Nonetheless, the sentiment still stands. That's how good we are, and we're a bit from who we will be.

RenoZag
11-25-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the game in about an hour from now and will be looking for the highlights and lowlights pointed out in this and other MBB threads.

hockeyzag
11-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Free throws

Guards - 11/20

Sabonis/Wiltjer/Karnowski - 17/22

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Free throws

Guards - 11/20

Sabonis/Wiltjer/Karnowski - 17/22

So you're saying one of those is bad?

hockeyzag
11-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Field goals

Guards - 31%

Sabonis/Wiltjer/Karnowski - 62%

sage
11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
NO team peaks in their first three games. They WILL improve. Patience gr####opper...... :bishop_smiley:

CdAZagFan
11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm with the people that say this is just too small of a sample size to get too upset with... I felt like this was the first "true" game of this season - against a very athletic team. This is a growing process and we have a long way to go until tournament time. Someone will rise to the top of this guard crop - perhaps even a couple of our guards. Our bigs were fantastic today. Before this game, I was worried that they couldn't carry this team if the guard play was bad - but they showed today that they can handle it by themselves if needed.

ZagLawGrad
11-25-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm with the people that say this is just too small of a sample size to get too upset with... I felt like this was the first "true" game of this season - against a very athletic team. This is a growing process and we have a long way to go until tournament time. Someone will rise to the top of this guard crop - perhaps even a couple of our guards. Our bigs were fantastic today. Before this game, I was worried that they couldn't carry this team if the guard play was bad - but they showed today that they can handle it by themselves if needed.

Good points. I have to agree.

CDC84
11-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Texas A&M is considered by some folks to be the most underrated team in the nation. The Zags will be tested.

HRZag
11-25-2015, 06:10 PM
So, I haven't watched the whole game yet, but....those first 12 minutes were some incredible basketball. I will take those 12 for the promise of more. At least we showed we can be THAT good, if not all the time.

CDC84
11-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Looks like former Husky Tre Simmons lost his bet to Pargo:

https://twitter.com/tremurder/status/669609481941028866

Outraged
11-25-2015, 06:33 PM
25% Damn good defense. Our guard defense did not slack from last year. McClellan is very quick i thougbt they played okay in a muck it up game. Perkins was fine. If this is bad I can't wait to see good.As I recall prior years teams always struggled against long physical guards that pressed.

The most suprising aspect of this game was how effortless it seemed. If our shots fell our way this was easily 30pt game.

zagamatic
11-25-2015, 07:43 PM
I just got to watch the game. My takeaway is pretty simple, our bigs really are pretty darn good and our guards are playing like guys who have just a few games under their belts as a group. REMEMBER, we've been pretty spoiled with Kevin and Gary over the past 4 years. Most of our guards last played major minutes 2 years ago in high school. The mistakes I saw are very fixable for the most part. Luckily, we have a fantastic front court who are more than capable of carrying the guards for a few games. And I believe that the guards will come along quickly.

Reborn
11-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Texas A&M is considered by some folks to be the most underrated team in the nation. The Zags will be tested.

I think the feeling about the Huskies before the game today was similar....Which for me is ok. I think it motivates GU.

jim77
11-25-2015, 10:16 PM
There is no need for people to apologize for making criticisms that are accurate. As long as it stays in the lines of 1. What actually happened and 2. Having a purpose that is constructive. The free throw shooting absolutely needs to get better, along with some other things.

Having said all this, we are quite a bit from being the polished tournament team we need to be and we just rolled a PAC12 team by 16. Maryland has had to fight back against a few lowly teams, and they are in the Top 10 with us. Is the sky falling? No, but the sun ain't completely out either. The guards are going to get there, it's just a question of when. And when they do? We'll roll all the way to the Final Four. From that point, it will be a dog fight for a chance to do something that every single person on this board wants.

Nice post.

The ball handling was not good....some off those mad rushes up the court had the PG scrambling to retain control of the ball..while trying to stop...something usually seen in much younger and inexperienced players. The one thing the guards did well but not nearly enough was taking it too the hole.....Cause the dawgs had their hands full with the Bigs. KD did a few times and it wreeks havoc on the opposing team. The good think about this Zags version is they have a pretty big margin of error...if they play ok they win..If they play well..they win BIG. I do agree with the talking heads about UW...they are gonna be a handful...they really played hard. BEAT A&M!

seacatfan
11-25-2015, 10:30 PM
There were a bunch of people really impressed by UW before the game. Anyone impressed now? They crash the boards hard and force some turnovers. That's it, that's all they've got. I watched the first half and listened to the 2nd half on the radio while driving. Ugly game. Lots of fouls, lots of turnovers, lots of missed shots. I seem to remember predicting a long time ago that UW would not be able to handle GU's bigs. I got that one right. I also called A&M over Texas.

seacatfan
11-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Is it just me or is Wiltjer missing a bit of his mojo? He's scored 23 and 24 in a couple of the games, but he just doesn't look as smooth and effortless as normal. And his 3 point stroke is M.I.A. so far. Really weird, because in the exhibition game and the one half against Pitt he looked like he was ready for an almost Morrison-like year. I'm sure he'll snap out of it, but I wish he'd hurry up. He's doing a good job rebounding though.

jim77
11-26-2015, 02:04 AM
Is it just me or is Wiltjer missing a bit of his mojo? He's scored 23 and 24 in a couple of the games, but he just doesn't look as smooth and effortless as normal. And his 3 point stroke is M.I.A. so far. Really weird, because in the exhibition game and the one half against Pitt he looked like he was ready for an almost Morrison-like year. I'm sure he'll snap out of it, but I wish he'd hurry up. He's doing a good job rebounding though.

Kyle is fine. He had 24 and 11 I think....not too shabby. Theres just so much talent this year that Kyle doesn't need to score 40 to win. Kyle is doing EXACTLY what Kyle needs to do....play his role and get his in the flow of the game. I do think he'll get 50 in a game this year.

Zagquette
11-26-2015, 03:39 AM

I thought Seth Greenberg had a great insight about young guards on ESPNU podcast. He said: young guards are running the offense because that is what the coaches are telling them to do and veteran guards run the offense to score points and find holes in the d.

Given the learning curve in the zag offense, it really gives some insight between having two four year starters and a couple young guys still learning.

Kevin didn't need a reminder to reverse the ball or feed the post. It is easy to be more aggressive when you have mastered the sets.

Give it some time....

WallaWallaZag
11-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Kyle is fine. He had 24 and 11 I think....not too shabby. Theres just so much talent this year that Kyle doesn't need to score 40 to win. Kyle is doing EXACTLY what Kyle needs to do....play his role and get his in the flow of the game. I do think he'll get 50 in a game this year.

don't agree...he's not fine right now because the wiltjer i know doesn't miss 2 wide open threes in the same game...actually, the wiltjer i know wouldn't just take 2 threes in a single game.

seacatfan
11-26-2015, 11:45 AM
don't agree...he's not fine right now because the wiltjer i know doesn't miss 2 wide open threes in the same game...actually, the wiltjer i know wouldn't just take 2 threes in a single game.

Exactly. Missed some wide open 3's, missed some close in shots. 24 and 11 looks like a good stat line, but he easily could have (and should have?) probably scored more like 35. He's so good he can score in the 20's on an off night, but he just doesn't look like the ruthless scoring machine that he is capable of being right now.