PDA

View Full Version : Did Andy Katz just confirm the Zags-Arizona series is being renewed for 4 more years?

Hooray4Daye&Gray
11-25-2015, 08:41 AM
In the discussion about the Zags-Washington series being renewed, I think Andy Katz just said that the Zags-Arizona series is being renewed for 4 more years.

I haven't seen this confirmed on this board previously and just did a google search and couldn't find anything either.

Is this true?

I really hope so as an Arizona resident! And more importantly, a consistent series between the two best West Coast teams would be huge.

bullzag23
11-25-2015, 08:45 AM
In the discussion about the Zags-Washington series being renewed, I think Andy Katz just said that the Zags-Arizona series is being renewed for 4 more years.

I haven't seen this confirmed on this board previously and just did a google search and couldn't find anything either.

Is this true?

I really hope so as an Arizona resident! And more importantly, a consistent series between the two best West Coast teams would be huge.

I thought he mentioned a game in Vegas next year....crossing my fingers.

Radbooks
11-25-2015, 09:05 AM
I thought he said it would be in Los Angeles... here's a tweet from Andy Katz:

Gonzaga wants to host UW next season in start of four-year series because of its schedule. Arizona game at Staples (new deal, H/H follows), Tennessee in Nashville and in Orlando tourney. Washington wants to start at home too. Impasse.

jchocolate99
11-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Gonzaga wants to host UW next season in start of four-year series because of its schedule. Arizona game at Staples (new deal, H/H follows), Tennessee in Nashville and in Orlando tourney. Washington wants to start at home too. Impasse.

What in the world has UW done to have the series begin on their home court?? You lost the last game against us in which we beat you 7 out 8 and you haven't been relevant in basketball as of late. The series SHOULD begin on our home court... has a contract been signed for the GU/UW series? I just don't want UW to use that as a reason to nix the series before it starts... Thought I read on here awhile ago that UW wasn't too happy with us getting Nigel

Zagdawg
11-25-2015, 10:15 AM
If we are trading Arizona for Washington State game---that makes perfect sense.

ehk 21
11-25-2015, 10:37 AM
What I heard was that the UW series is four-year. And the tweet that is quoted above by jchocolate99 confirms that.

gonzagafan62
11-25-2015, 11:28 AM
What in the world has UW done to have the series begin on their home court?? You lost the last game against us in which we beat you 7 out 8 and you haven't been relevant in basketball as of late. The series SHOULD begin on our home court... has a contract been signed for the GU/UW series? I just don't want UW to use that as a reason to nix the series before it starts... Thought I read on here awhile ago that UW wasn't too happy with us getting Nigel

After watching what I did today I just don't care if they nix the series. Id rather play wazzou. We just keep killing them and if they want the cowards way out, it's whatever to me. I love to beat them sure but seriously

Qhall43
11-25-2015, 11:47 AM
"Arizona will renew its home-and-home series with Gonzaga in 2017-18 and 2018-19, while tentatively facing the Zags in a neutral-site game at Los Angeles’ Staples Center next season."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/arizona-basketball-wildcats-adding-more-gonzaga-games/article_5f2ddb3a-93b0-11e5-a194-cf0593787a1e.html

Zagger
11-25-2015, 01:03 PM
"Arizona will renew its home-and-home series with Gonzaga in 2017-18 and 2018-19, while tentatively facing the Zags in a neutral-site game at Los Angeles’ Staples Center next season."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/arizona-basketball-wildcats-adding-more-gonzaga-games/article_5f2ddb3a-93b0-11e5-a194-cf0593787a1e.html

Cool - errr Warm :) I'd dig a winter trip to AZ or CA at least once & catch a Zags game too (against a non-WCC school). Have relatives in San Diego but as yet haven't ventured to see a game there - shame on me.

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Cool - errr Warm :) I'd dig a winter trip to AZ or CA at least once & catch a Zags game too (against a non-WCC school). Have relatives in San Diego but as yet haven't ventured to see a game there - shame on me.

Indeed. Shame on you. 80 here all week.

CDC84
11-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Sean Miller is very enthusiastic about making the Zags/Zona game an annual deal. There might be a year off here and there.

whatazag
11-25-2015, 05:55 PM
It wasn't that long ago it was a big deal to play a team like New Mexico or St Joes in ooc. Now we are playing Arizona regularly on our home court, amazing.