PDA

View Full Version : Should be a Pretty Easy Ride to the Atlantis Title

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-25-2015, 05:51 AM
Well we are clearly the highest ranked team in Atlantis and the pundits love us for many reasons. I am drinking the Jazz Kool-Aid! Basically I was a pretty big skeptic coming into the season as it relates to our young back court. With 3 NBA front court players though dominance in this tourney shouldn't be that hard. We are Gonzaga and our ranking will shine! Lets go!!!!!!!!!

ZagLawGrad
11-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Not sure about easy, but I'll toast this thread! :cheers:

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 06:07 AM
Well we are clearly the highest ranked team in Atlantis and the pundits love us for many reasons. I am drinking the Jazz Kool-Aid! Basically I was a pretty big skeptic coming into the season as it relates to our young back court. With 3 NBA front court players though dominance in this tourney shouldn't be that hard. We are Gonzaga and our ranking will shine! Lets go!!!!!!!!!

Val. Thanks for the shout out, but I am not sure I am as giddy as you w respect to the tourney. Still, good to see you again. BTW, both my grandsons are now playing with Riverside Church, and so it begins.....again. :)

raise the zag
11-25-2015, 06:12 AM
Texas A&M is the dark horse of this Tourney. Watch out for the Aggies.

I believe our toughest match-up is be our first game.

Hopefully, our battle-tested experience comes in handy.

As long as our guards don't panic, don't rush, get ahead of the game plan, we'll be just fine.

Zagnificent
11-25-2015, 06:25 AM
I would love to see the Zags trash Cuse...make up for that tourney beat-down they handed us a few years back. That one hurt, bad.

ZagMan in Philly
11-25-2015, 06:25 AM
I wish I could say the same...hope our young guards will play well. If they do, we are top 5 in the country worthy!
Go Zags!

gu03alum
11-25-2015, 06:31 AM
I'm glad I don't believe in the power of Jinx

Go Zags! Beat the Huskies!

cggonzaga
11-25-2015, 07:17 AM
I hope our young guards play well so it shuts everybody up about our young guards.

zagzilla
11-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Doomed

bballbeachbum
11-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Not sure about easy, but I'll toast this thread! :cheers:

me too :cheers:

maynard g krebs
11-25-2015, 01:34 PM
ATM hasn't played anybody, but their numbers are scary good in blowout wins. 94 ppg; 24.8 assists per game, with 4 players between 2.8 and 4.5 per game, 3 more between 1.5 and 1.8. 56% fg and 47% on 3's. Obviously a great passing team that gets great looks

Five players in dbl figs, and 4 more between 5 and 7.

I wasn't worried in the least about the Huskies unless the refs let them get away with a lot of hacks. Strictly from the stats, ATM scares me.

sittingon50
11-25-2015, 02:20 PM
FWIW, A & M's best win of 4 is VS KenPom #242. GU's weakest opponent is Mt. St. Mary,s #214.

jazzdelmar
11-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Sure would love to see the Texas vs AM game on my television. Instead we get Maui's eighth Place game

Coach Crazy
11-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Sure would love to see the Texas vs AM game on my television. Instead we get Maui's eighth Place game

Well, ya know, according to Bill "Why yes, you can do that many drugs in your life" Walton, Maui is the best...so, ya know...shame on us for not thinking that, too.

11-26-2015, 04:40 AM
A & M won't exactly be a cup cake but should turn out to be a piece of pumpkin pie with the WHIPPED cream. haha

After that it seems like the only team left will be Syracuse right? The big bad ACC. Syracuse is pretty overrated so we win that by 15.

Zaga
11-26-2015, 04:50 AM
I am ready for Perkins to have a great game. More Alberts Please!

raise the zag
11-26-2015, 05:36 AM
A & M won't exactly be a cup cake but should turn out to be a piece of pumpkin pie with the WHIPPED cream. haha

After that it seems like the only team left will be Syracuse right? The big bad ACC. Syracuse is pretty overrated so we win that by 15.

#17 UConn won comfortably yesterday.

They'll most likely top 'Cuse to earn a spot in Championship game.

A&M is damn good.

Feature an all Senior backcourt, tall athletic wings, formidable centers (6'10", 240lbs), well coached, etc.

They are ranked for a reason and Bilas believes they are one of the most underrated teams in all of College basketball, meaning more likely a Top-20 type team.

11-26-2015, 05:44 AM
#17 UConn won comfortably yesterday.

They'll most likely top 'Cuse to earn a spot in Championship game.

A&M is damn good.

Feature an all Senior backcourt, tall athletic wings, formidable centers (6'10", 240lbs), well coached, etc.

They are ranked for a reason and Bilas believes they are one of the most underrated teams in all of College basketball, meaning more likely a Top-20 type team.

You make good points but I don't think Kennedy is a good coach. Kennedy has recruited well especially for the 2015 class BUT he hasn't broken through for a reason. I think A & M will hang around until the 5 minute mark before we pull away. They have an inexperienced front court that eventually will be taken to the cleaners in this game. Just give collins space because he won't knock down the jumper consistently. Focus the attention on House. I would put KD/EM on him the whole game. I wouldn't go zone with House and Hogg ect for A & M. Play man to man. Jones is not back to 100% since he just got reinstated.

Jstock12
11-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Such a jinxy title. :)

Ezag
11-26-2015, 09:27 AM
A&M is young but tons of top 50 players #6 recruiting class, I think they need a little more respect than that

CDC84
11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Many commentators also feel they are just about the most underrated team in the country this year.

MDABE80
11-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Val...you jinxed it. A and M is giving us lots of trouble. I do see why the scribes talked us down. GUARD play. Well, now we know what thy were thinking.A and M has a great game plan.This'll go to the wire. I just hope 45% shooting get better.

FuManShoes
11-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Yep, if the Aggies play like that again they'll win the tourney easily.

uZiGiZaG
11-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Jay Bilas can hype A&M up all he wants, but there's absolutely no reason we should be losing to that team... They will not finish in the Top 4 in the SEC IMO

maynard g krebs
11-26-2015, 11:11 AM
You make good points but I don't think Kennedy is a good coach.

A quick google search will prove how wrong this is. Took SE La from single digit wins to 44 wins and back to back champs his last 2 yrs, took Murray State to 54 wins and back to back champs his last 2 yrs there. Took ATM from 14 wins to 21 last yr, and better this year.

His team was leading the nation in assists coming into the tourney. Did a masterful job taking away the GU inside game today; just what I said yest. that I was baffled that Romar didn't try to do.

Freakin brilliant coach.

maynard g krebs
11-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Jay Bilas can hype A&M up all he wants, but there's absolutely no reason we should be losing to that team... They will not finish in the Top 4 in the SEC IMO

That's a damn good team. Wrong.

jimmycarter
11-26-2015, 11:12 AM
No more posts for you.

Zags11
11-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Aggies are top 15 squad.