PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From Spike to UW's Mascot

SethGrandpa
11-24-2015, 10:12 AM
Just because the Gonzaga-UW rivalry is heated, doesn't mean we can't have a little fun with it.

In anticipation of the big game, here's a TOTALLY REAL letter that Spike the Bulldog wrote to Harry the Husky (http://www.seattlemet.com/articles/2015/11/2/dear-harry-the-husky) from the November issue of Seattle Met.

Hope y'all enjoy. Go Zags.

Salsageek
11-24-2015, 10:22 AM
lol that was great! Love it.

TacomaZAG
11-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks for sharing, I just sent this letter to all my Fusky friends and relatives.

Go ZAGS

VaBeachZAG
11-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Just because the Gonzaga-UW rivalry is heated, doesn't mean we can't have a little fun with it.

In anticipation of the big game, here's a TOTALLY REAL letter that Spike the Bulldog wrote to Harry the Husky (http://www.seattlemet.com/articles/2015/11/2/dear-harry-the-husky) from the November issue of Seattle Met.

Hope y'all enjoy. Go Zags.

Cute story. By the way, in the CBS Sports preview of the GU/UW game I picked up the below comment about the past scheduling problems between the two programs. It seems to suggest that GU contributed to the failure to restart the home and home series. Basically, all I have ever heard is that it was solely UW that ran away from the series, but the comment seems to suggest otherwise.

The comment is as follows: "There were many reasons for the discontinuation of the popular matchup. Gonzaga said the rest of its non-conference slate had become too difficult and it couldn't find a spot to fit in the Huskies. Washington didn't feel it needed to play in Gonzaga's home arena every other year." In my view this comment is attributing the blame to both programs.

Mantua
11-24-2015, 02:49 PM
We need that swagger! Great letter.

JAGzag
11-24-2015, 03:47 PM
That was hilarious! Hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

willandi
11-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Cute story. By the way, in the CBS Sports preview of the GU/UW game I picked up the below comment about the past scheduling problems between the two programs. It seems to suggest that GU contributed to the failure to restart the home and home series. Basically, all I have ever heard is that it was solely UW that ran away from the series, but the comment seems to suggest otherwise.

The comment is as follows: "There were many reasons for the discontinuation of the popular matchup. Gonzaga said the rest of its non-conference slate had become too difficult and it couldn't find a spot to fit in the Huskies. Washington didn't feel it needed to play in Gonzaga's home arena every other year." In my view this comment is attributing the blame to both programs.

I had never heard that before. Actually heard something the opposite, that UW needed to schedule out of the area, to attract national attention. It doesn't mean it isn't true, but just because somebody at CBS claims to have heard it, doesn't mean it is. If they have no credible source, I would tend to discount it.

tyra
11-24-2015, 08:31 PM
The two biggest lies in sports history: 1) Alex Rodriguez: "I am going to Texas because I want to play for a championship-contending team and not because they threw a ridiculous gazillion dollars at me.", and 2) UW: "We are cancelling the UW-GU home and home series because we need to find higher profile out of conference teams to play against."