PDA

View Full Version : I love these early-season tournaments

Reborn
11-22-2015, 10:04 AM
If you love basketball, you have to love these tournaments because we get to see high-level basketball games early in the season. I remember all of those years when non-conference games were so boring. In the last few years the best NCAA teams ARE now playing tough opponents. I believe that Gonzaga proved to all those teams that playing a tough non-conference schedule DOES him them in March. It also helps them prepare for conference play. It has always been good to play teams that are really good, and it always will be.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Gonzaga play this week in their tournament. Like many of us, I like to seeing the Zags play tough opponents, and we will get that this week. The hype around the Gonzaga vs UW game is awesome. I love it. I'm so glad that we are back playing them, and very glad that the UW has a really good team this year. It should be a great game, like so many we've seen in the past. I REALLY have missed those Gonzaga-UW games. We will play two other quality opponents, and all of these games are going to make the Zags better. The Thanksgiving holiday will be filled up with fantastic basketball. Should be really fun.

sage
11-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Should be really fun.[/QUOTE]

I hope....

seacatfan
11-22-2015, 12:51 PM
I think there have always been some good early season tournaments. Used to be the Maui and the NIT were the best, but both of those have faded. Others have taken their place I guess.

ZagaZags
11-22-2015, 01:00 PM
I think there have always been some good early season tournaments. Used to be the Maui and the NIT were the best, but both of those have faded. Others have taken their place I guess.

I respectively disagree about Maui. ( Maui is still a premier tournament in my book. )

seacatfan
11-22-2015, 01:06 PM
I respectively disagree about Maui. ( Maui is still a premier tournament in my book. )

Maybe it was a fluke, but last year was a fairly weak field and I was thinking this year wasn't top notch either.