PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - The Mount - 11.21.2015

RenoZag
11-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Zags prevail 101-56. Lots of "stat stuffers" in this one.

Who gets your tip of the cap as the Player of the Game ?

STATS:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=109390&a=1

I'm going with Domas: 15 points, 14 rebounds, 1 asst, 1 stl, ZERO turnovers

Hat tip to Kyle D for being a steadying influence throughout. Also happy to see Alberts nailing the three's.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Gotta roll with Silas. He was efficient, he made the extra pass, didn't force shots. Played a great game

Worthington
11-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Went with Melson, hopefully this was his coming out party.

Nice games from E-Mac, Sabonis and Dranginis.

tyra
11-21-2015, 07:12 PM
I loved the balanced scoring. 6 players in double digits and two more were one basket away.

NumberCruncher
11-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Dranginis is the glue that holds this team together.
Nice game by Melson.
This was a nice prep for UW.

Birddog
11-21-2015, 07:22 PM
I went with Dranginis, but barely. With 5 mins left I was thinking no one should get it.

ZagNative
11-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Gotta roll with Silas. He was efficient, he made the extra pass, didn't force shots. Played a great gameMe too!

maynard g krebs
11-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Debated btw Dranginis, Melson, Sabonis and McClellan and went with Dranginis because it was good to see him scoring; this team needs that from him.

Mantua
11-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Sabonis for the double-double.

Kudos to Dranginis, Melson and McClellan.

The team keeps looking better! Good win Zags!

krozman
11-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Sabonis missed some easy ones that would have made this debate less of a debate, but in the end it's still him for me.

MickMick
11-22-2015, 05:07 AM
KD for me.

ZagsGoZags
11-22-2015, 06:45 AM
Had to go with Kyle D,
he is the one of our guards that keeps making our offense look like the GU offense we are used to, because he is running few's systems, while the others are learning few's systems.

cjm720
11-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Sabonis!!!

Very disturbed by EMac's nonverbal communication after getting benched.

Ekrub
11-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Sabonis

Therunner
11-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Very disturbed by EMac's nonverbal communication after getting benched.

Actually, I notice this will all our guards when asked to sit, save Bryan Alberts who is a team-first, pass-first kinda player.

The rest of our guys feel sorry for themselves, dwell on poor plays, and seem to care about starting or not, and making forced plays.

Going to be awhile before they play together, not perform alone, imho.

Not ragging, just stating the obvious.

TexasZagFan
11-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Sabonis

I went with Silas, just glad to see him enjoy some success. Several players were deserving.

Zagger
11-22-2015, 09:54 AM
KD for me.
Me too - I was at the game and really liked how Kyle had a handle for how the game flowed - he was in decent position most of the time. Once when Shemmick was being quadra-teamed he was the only Zag to get in position to help - coming in along the baseline in Mt K's line of sight. Shemmick made the basket (kudos to him w/ that pressure). The other 3 Zags were still out near the 3 point line.

mgadfly
11-22-2015, 11:10 AM
I think KD is fantastic and Melson had a very good game, but both of them played more minutes and were (no matter how well they played) less productive than Sabonis. 15 point, 14 rebounds in 23 minutes. Five offensive boards (as many as Mt. St. M had in the entire game). There were at least two plays where others got rebounds because Sabonis kept the ball alive. He plays basketball the way it is supposed to be played, with the energy of Mike Hart but with much greater ability.

Loved the game by KD and Melson and we need them to step up, but Sabonis shot 70% despite missing a dunk.

Reborn
11-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Good posts. Thanks. Well thoughtout analyses. Enjoyed the posts. I'm going with Melson because, imo it's the first time I've seen him play with confidence. He really seemed relaxed, and was doing much more than shooting 3's. I think Melson will make Dickau eat his words. Dranginis also had a great game for all the reasons that others said. His best game as a Zag in my opinion, and he too could make Dickau eat his words. We are Guard U, and our guards are just beginning to step it up, and we're going to see a lot more.

zag buddy
11-22-2015, 01:00 PM
dickau comment was that usually we have an all conference guard to start the year and this year we don't. He's very high on this group of guards.

Marcus
11-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I voted Sabonis, he's just an all around monster. Can't wait to see him against some better comp this week.

As for the comments about the guards bad body language, I don't see it the same way. This group is just more fiery and emotional than what we are used to seeing. You see it in the way they play too. I don't see anything wrong with being upset with yourself when you know you can do better, like making passes to no one. If it was directed at the coaches or teammates it would be an issue but I just see it as hyper competitive guys that take their mistakes to heart.

kitzbuel
11-23-2015, 03:56 AM
Finally got home to watch the game. Went with Draino. He is developing into a very steadying influence for this team. He does whatever needs being done; shooting, assisting, ball handling, where ever the team needs to have pressure relieved.

SWZag
11-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Can't imagine too many games this season when Wiltjer garners no votes (0 out of 101, currently).