PDA

View Full Version : Game Prediction Thread, and What you would like to see vs Mount St. Mary's

Reborn
11-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Gonzaga 97
Mount St. Mary's 62

And that may be a conservative prediction.

I'm looking for those guard Ninja Shooters to find their confidence in their ability to knock down open shots. And, of course, looking to see those turnover numbers to be a lot lower. I'd like to see a little more of Edwards also.

LongIslandZagFan
11-20-2015, 07:53 AM
Mountaineers 186
Zags 40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

zag67
11-20-2015, 08:04 AM
1. Fewer turnovers. But in watching the game many of them were just understanding the speed and control under speed.
Also others were making an extra pass whe you are under the basket

2. No injuries

3. Another solid game by our bigs and the guards getting more practice of feeding the bigs

4. Solid defense. With a few minutes of 3 bigs with the zone. That looked pretty good for a start

5. Solid guard play. Good passing to players in an area to shoot. Some more good 3 point shots and gaining the confidence in shooting them

Mike83814
11-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Considering Udub v. MSM: 100 - 67.

I'd like to (at minimum) see a much wider spread - GU v. MSM 101 - 50.

Zag365
11-20-2015, 08:25 AM
It would be nice to win by bigger spread than UW, but don't think that is the goal. We should win handily by 25+ but would be nice to see us play in rhythm and making high percentage shots. MSM is not that big or physical. I watched the first half last night. They came out cold and couldn't contain UW's uptempo run and gun. UW hit a couple of trays, had a couple dunks, and their confidence immediately soared allowing them to dominate. MSM played into UW's game and kept shooting from outside giving UW lots of rebounds and transition baskets.

BilboZaggins
11-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Feed Sabonis early and often. He took his first shot at 14:06 of the first half last game. I'd like to see it closer to 19:59.

BULLDOG#1
11-20-2015, 09:23 AM
I would like to see a confidence building win. The young guards need to get more minutes to grow and these type of games should be perfect for that...

I would like to see Karno more dominant. I know he's been sick, but it almost appears as though he has regressed from where he was at tourney time last year.

It would be great if Melson has a break-out game and gains some major confidence. He will be an important piece to the zags success this year and seeing him apparently down on himself after missing a few shots is concerning.

Hope to see Alberts continue to shoot well from the 3 - he looked great last game.

I would expect Domas and Wiltjer to have big games in limited minutes.

ZenZag
11-20-2015, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see...

1. Karno dunk the ball when he is right under the rim.

2. Edwards get more time this game...not sure why he didn't get more vs NAU.

3. Who can run the point when JP is on the bench.

4. More Alberts.

5. EMac do a better job feeding the bigs.

6. A change in Melson's court demeanor...he seems to get into a sulking mindset/body language very easily...and it creates a negative feedback loop in his play.

bballbeachbum
11-20-2015, 10:40 AM
exciting team to watch, no doubts about that

would like to see the Zags deny dribble penetration better, better than how they handled Yanku. Better at this with Karno on the floor protecting the rim imo. Karno looks like he's in the best shape of his career

Goshzagit
11-20-2015, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see...

2. Edwards get more time this game...not sure why he didn't get more vs NAU.

3. Who can run the point when JP is on the bench.

4. More Alberts.

5. EMac do a better job feeding the bigs.

6. A change in Melson's court demeanor...he seems to get into a sulking mindset/body language very easily...and it creates a negative feedback loop in his play.

Perfect. Great insight.

Couldn't agree more, especially points 4, 5, & 6.

zaguarxj
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
I think the best way for shooters to gain confidence is to hit layups and/or knock down a couple free-throws.

kyle dixon
11-20-2015, 07:39 PM
in my opinion from the small sample size this season, the Uw game has the makings of the Dayton Flyers-gu game in Maui a few years back....

GeorgiaZagFan
11-20-2015, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see...

..I want to see some excellent entry passes to the bigs and when Karnowski gets it inside.....I want him to abuse the defender as if the guy had just slapped his mother!!

ProjectMKUltra5
11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
I want to see our guards live in the paint. To many times have Perkins or McLellan got deep into the paint and have done nothing with it. I want to see them finish those plays, either by finishing at the rim or dishing it off for the assist.

ZagNative
11-20-2015, 09:10 PM
From Jim Meehan's pregame preview (http://www.spokesman.com/zags/stories/2015/nov/20/gonzaga-men-focused-on-own-issues-not-opponent/):
At the time, minutes after Gonzaga had pummeled Northern Arizona 91-52 on Thursday, head coach Mark Few didn’t know much about Mount St. Mary’s.

Few noted the Mountaineers are coached by Jamion Christian, formerly an assistant under Shaka Smart, so they would probably have an athletic, pressing team. Other than that, Few’s attention had been on NAU and probably more so on Gonzaga.

“We still have to focus on us getting right,” said Few, whose 10th-ranked Zags entertain Mount St. Mary’s on Saturday.

The Zags (1-0) had extended stretches of quality play at both ends of the court against NAU, despite 17 turnovers.

“We can’t be giving it away like that,” senior guard Kyle Dranginis said. “The good thing is that is something we can change.”

Gonzaga hit just 6 of 23 3-pointers Thursday. Redshirt freshman Bryan Alberts provided a spark by draining 3 of 4 treys and handing out three assists in 21 turnover-free minutes.

“Those guys are all good shooters,” Few said. “Like I’ve said with all our teams, it’s a little about context, too. If we just shot three 3s, we probably don’t need to shoot another 3 for a while unless all three went in.

“I think they’re just finding their way. We’ve been after Silas (Melson) and Josh (Perkins) about that: feet ready, hands ready, on the line and shoot it the same way every time.”

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-21-2015, 03:53 AM
I would like to see a confidence building win. The young guards need to get more minutes to grow and these type of games should be perfect for that...

I would like to see Karno more dominant. I know he's been sick, but it almost appears as though he has regressed from where he was at tourney time last year.

It would be great if Melson has a break-out game and gains some major confidence. He will be an important piece to the zags success this year and seeing him apparently down on himself after missing a few shots is concerning.

Hope to see Alberts continue to shoot well from the 3 - he looked great last game.

I would expect Domas and Wiltjer to have big games in limited minutes.

+1.

Zagceo
11-21-2015, 07:28 AM
1. Play under control

2. Have Fun

RenoZag
11-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Mountaineers - 59
Zags - 90

Hope to see a crisp, focused Zags squad get their motor running; a good confident victory that tunes them up for the Battle for Atlantis.

krii
11-21-2015, 10:38 AM
I just want to not fall asleep.

It's already 8.00 PM in here. Game starts around 2:00 AM?

Zagger
11-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Zags 100 - MSM 50
If Zags hit 3s @ a higher % and if Zags play better D. Otherwise 90/60.

I'd like to see Mt K w/ 20+ pts. Alberts 20+ too.
More Melson steals, fewer JP TOs, at least a couple spiffy dunks by M2C and ...... Afraid if I had more 'I'd like to see' I'll have to change my score prediction to 120/40.
Go Zags!

Outraged
11-21-2015, 11:07 AM
If they aaply defensive effort +40
If not +15
I would like to see:
Execution
Stiffilling defense
Wide rotation

Reborn
11-21-2015, 12:38 PM
From Jim Meehan's pregame preview (http://www.spokesman.com/zags/stories/2015/nov/20/gonzaga-men-focused-on-own-issues-not-opponent/):

excellent post thanks

3zagda
11-21-2015, 05:39 PM
For a number of our returning players, we have a pretty good idea of what we will see from them this year.
Domas showed we can expect to see him make a major statement this year.
The best thing to see in tonight's game for the Zags is a great all around game from Silas. He will be important for our success this year.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I want to see our guards live in the paint. To many times have Perkins or McLellan got deep into the paint and have done nothing with it. I want to see them finish those plays, either by finishing at the rim or dishing it off for the assist.

I'm getting my wish. Our guards are living inside the 3 point line and it's paying off

RenoZag
11-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Zags 100 - MSM 50

:cheers:

3zagda
11-21-2015, 07:32 PM
I was heartened to to see Silas have a major contribution to the offense tonight.

Zagger
11-22-2015, 06:28 AM
:cheers:

My take is that the Zags are good - they just need some time to meld and settle down. Methinks we'll see 100 points more than one more time again this season. Should 3 point shooting really heat up Karnowski won't get quadra-teamed and start putting up the points as well (plus, he's certainly a better FT shooter this season).
Go Zags!