PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game: NAU - 11.18. 2015

RenoZag
11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Zags notch their first win of the regular season versus an over-matched Big Sky team from Flagstaff. There were a few cringe-worthy moments at times but the big guys had a pretty efficient night. Sabonis had a career high of 26 points on 12/13 FG shooting, Wiltjer added 23. . .

Who is your Player of the Game ?

STATS / BOX SCORE (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=109389)

Jstock12
11-18-2015, 07:02 PM
If Sabonis makes all of these polls so easy this year, then I think he might be a lottery pick.

ZagLawGrad
11-18-2015, 07:04 PM
If Sabonis makes all of these polls so easy this year, then I think he might be a lottery pick.

:agreed:

23dpg
Sabonis has improved?!? Wow! I did not expect to see such a smooth outside shot.

seacatfan
Wiltjer with 23 on a bad night. I think he'll get a few player of the game nods this year.

I did go with Sabonis tonight of course.

MickMick
11-18-2015, 07:05 PM
I can't believe how freakin good Sabonis is.

Much improved over last season.

In my mind, best big man in GU history. Needs to start over Shem.

RenoZag
11-18-2015, 07:09 PM
I can't believe how freakin good Sabonis is.

Much improved over last season.

In my mind, best big man in GU history.

When Goodman tweeted re: the "secret scrimmage" he noted Sabonis was the best player on the floor. Would have to say that was clearly the case tonight

Zagceo
11-18-2015, 07:11 PM
When Goodman tweeted re: the "secret scrimmage" he noted Sabonis was the best player on the floor. Would have to say that was clearly the case tonight

MTZag03
11-18-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm not sold that Domas is hands down better than Shem. He is more potent offensively and has a nose for rebounds, but everything operates so well with Shem on the floor. Maybe what I'm saying is that Karno facilitates really well and it goes missed sometimes. I think they're both great.

ZagNative
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Love this guy...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Wzw_dbrR1yU/Vk1RCFR-MsI/AAAAAAACmgY/TciCTcDvk-o/s512-Ic42/2015-11-19%252520Domantas%252520Sabonis.jpg

seacatfan
11-18-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm not sold that Domas is hands down better than Shem. He is more potent offensively and has a nose for rebounds, but everything operates so well with Shem on the floor. Maybe what I'm saying is that Karno facilitates really well and it goes missed sometimes. I think they're both great.

He's excellent picking the opponent apart with his passing when they send a double team at him. Wasn't on display much tonight. The other aspect of the game where Shem really stands alone is as a rim protector. Got several blocks tonight.

Reborn
11-18-2015, 09:03 PM
A pretty easy vote for me. Sabonis! Wow!!! What a game. 12-13 shooting. However, UNA really didn't have any big guys; so we must wait and see for at least a week. This game was in no way a game that I would try to evaluate Sabonis this year, or compare him to other centers. We've had some pretty good ones. He certainly had a great game against a pretty weak opponent. I'm going to go nuts just yet. Wiltjer played great though, even on a night his 3 point shooting was off (1-6). He had some incredible inside moves. and his passing is GREAT. He is the best passer on the team at this point, and if you noticed is often playing the point guard after the ball is past around a few times. His passes to Sabonis were very very good. And his rebounding was good.

Bogozags
11-19-2015, 05:54 AM

Bought a few shares of DS stock last night but believe the "test" will be against UDUB next week...if he plays close to last night's level/intensity then I'd sell my entire portfolio and buy DS...

RenoZag
11-19-2015, 06:52 AM

??

Sorry, ceo, I lost my secret decoder ring. . .

23zagmd
11-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Shem's level of understanding of the verticality rule and how not to pick up fouls protecting the rim is really amazing!

hooter73
11-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Its the David Stockton syndrome with Shem, things just run better with him on the court than without. Could he do some things better - LIKE DUNKING THE DANG BALL! - sure, but his "intangibles" are a better asset to have on the court.

Zagceo
11-19-2015, 08:52 AM
??

Sorry, ceo, I lost my secret decoder ring. . .

age of Domas…sorry

krii
11-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Its the David Stockton syndrome with Shem, things just run better with him on the court than without. Could he do some things better - LIKE DUNKING THE DANG BALL! - sure, but his "intangibles" are a better asset to have on the court.
Maybe that is why David ended up in the NBA, even if only for this few games. The more you understand game, the better is your position in the game. I believe PK will show more of his talent later this month - the most important part is to win and develop. Sabonis, Wiltjer and Karnowski are all pretty much awesome and sometimes it's hard to feed them all. There will be games like this, where DS dominates but there will be also games completely dominated by KW and PK. IMO it's more important to play on this average, very high level rather than push things too much and went undrafted and without any wins.

Anyway 9-9-2 on over 60% isn't the type of "he sucks" game, is it?;-)

RenoZag
11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
age of Domas…sorry

I have trouble connecting the dots at times. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zagger
11-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Dontmiss - the kid's just plain DETERMINED!
I was also impressed with Melson's hustle and Albert's 3 of 4 3s!

ZagaZags
11-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Sabonis looked like a 1st Team All-American last night. His outside shot looked scary good. I will overlook Josh Perkins six turnovers, he is only going to get better with every game.

mgadfly
11-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Karnowski also wears the other team out. It is tough to bang with someone that big all game long and then have a guy with a motor like Sabonis come in off the bench after you've been pushing against PK's size. The three really do compliment each other and creates a nightmare scenario to prepare for (size, motor, shooting).

gozagswoohoo
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
I voted Sabonis. #BEAST

You guys realize how lucky we are to have Wiltjer AND Sabonis on the same team?? Those guys would be studs on any team in the country. We have them together at GU. Awesome.