PDA

View Full Version : Fishing hole filled with stumps, limbs and branches

U Zig, I Zag
11-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Personally escaped major damage, but someone by me was killed by a tree, friend's car was crushed, etc. All and all not a good night.

Early AM run to the Depot to get a chainsaw to free the fishing pond main line from a 90 year old spruce that gave up the ghost about 6pm last night.

Odds are 50/50 for tonight, I am thinking. Avista was down the street, so we may get power back.

sittingon50
11-18-2015, 07:55 AM
Glad you're O.K, Zig. Used to live up near there, lot's of huge, old trees.

Zagger
11-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Feel for ya UZIZ. We got whacked in Chattaroy by a 16 ton Ponderosa a year ago August. Not fun. This wind bout only brought down a bunch of smaller branches. Had me worried though - some pretty strong gusts came through. Cleaning up today since work is closed. Mrs says traffic lights were 50/50 into downtown from N this AM. She only got home last night behind an Avista rig cutting trees out of the road. I got home before the worst of it. Leaving early for the game.

ZagMan in Philly
11-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Just read the news about the storm in your area.
Glad you are ok, and no damages to your home.
Hope things will restore to normal asap.

Reborn
11-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Wow!!!! Geeze!!!! I'm so sorry for all of the residents in Spokane who are suffering because of the storm, and especially my GU family. I hope everyone is okay, and no deaths reported. Hope the game goes on too, but not as much as I hope everyone is just okay, and that electricity is restored soon. I know it's cold there these days.....stay warm my friends.

I now see a death was reported...just makes me feel sick....sorry.....

Zagger
11-18-2015, 10:25 AM
From spokesman.com

One woman was killed by a falling tree near the 1500 block of West 14th Avenue on the South Hill. Another woman was killed when a tree fell on a car 5 miles east of Cheney on state Highway 904.
It was a bad/sad afternoon & evening. My middle school wasn't letting kids walk home. They had to call and get a ride. That scenario was widespread in town yesterday. The strongest winds I saw were around 6:00 PM. At one point going N across Peone Prarie at 50 mph I stuck my hand out the window and felt no wind - this was at around 3:30. Trees in spots were whipping around enough it felt very uncomfortable driving by them. I saw no downed trees on my 25 mile commute. That all changed as I think most trees came down between 4-7. I'll bet there will be a few empty seats at the game this evening due to many ticket holders having to deal with the storm's havoc.

WallaWallaZag
11-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Personally escaped major damage, but someone by me was killed by a tree, friend's car was crushed, etc. All and all not a good night.
Early AM run to the Depot to get a chainsaw to free the fishing pond main line from a 90 year old spruce that gave up the ghost about 6pm last night. Odds are 50/50 for tonight, I am thinking. Avista was down the street, so we may get power back.

anyone able to provide a backup stream in case no fish are biting at the uziz honey hole???

FlyZag
11-18-2015, 11:26 AM
with almost 200K people without power... it might be difficult

U Zig, I Zag
11-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Avista lineman are down by us. I heard 5 or 6. Power across the street. Cleaned up all day so far. Lots of damage around us. 4 totalled cars in a two block radius. Ended up looping around some sketchy branches 25/30 feet up and pulling them down. Sort of just dangling there.

I'll set the pond up if I have services.

Hope you are all ok.

LongIslandZagFan
11-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Hopefully if there are issues that GU won't back out of streaming on TheW. Going to the regular fishing hole first though. Wish I could figure out a way to get either on my smart tv

ZionZag
11-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Hopefully if there are issues that GU won't back out of streaming on TheW. Going to the regular fishing hole first though. Wish I could figure out a way to get either on my smart tv

I hope they are kind enough to give a little notice this time..........

007Zag
11-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I just assumed that since ESPN lists the game as being broadcast on ESPN3 that it would be available on WatchESPN, but now that I check I don't see it there. Am I missing something?

Zagceo
11-18-2015, 03:29 PM
I just got off the phone with direcTV and he said its on ESPN3…..

Dogtownkid
11-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Power out at my sister's house, but not at mine. Her son will bring her down to my house so that she can see the game.

007Zag
11-18-2015, 04:52 PM
I just got off the phone with direcTV and he said its on ESPN3..

Oddly, WatchESPN isn't streaming the game online, but theW.tv has it.

GU69
11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Oddly, WatchESPN isn't streaming the game online, but theW.tv has it.

I don't get a picture with W.tv, just the sound and a list of play by play.

U Zig, I Zag
11-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Just got power. Someone check the pond. Should be up.

timgozags
11-18-2015, 09:06 PM
anywhere i can find a replay of today's game?

hooter73
11-19-2015, 09:22 AM
anywhere i can find a replay of today's game?

Same, just got power on this morning... 10 minutes after my cold shower lol

sage
11-19-2015, 10:05 AM
ROOT is running a replay this morning. Might be on now?