PDA

View Full Version : Game status?

Zag 77
11-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Classes at GU are cancelled today. Spokane had a massive windstorm and 100,000 are still without power as of right now. I don't know if they have any power on the GU campus or The Kennel.

Zagger
11-18-2015, 07:37 AM
I have tickets for the game this evening - hoped to find status here. Will check around and report back if someone doesn't beat me to it. No power @ home and I teach in CVSD - which has 8 schools without power so CVSD is closed. By how extensive the wind damage & power loss is I'm guessing it's very likely the game might be cancelled. Just having a bunch of traffic lights out could really snarl game traffic ..... wait & see mode.

strikenowhere
11-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Zags official twitter account is reporting that the game is still on:

Gonzaga Basketball Retweeted
Gonzaga Athletics ‏@GonzagaBulldogs 54m54 minutes ago
Tonight's Men's Basketball game vs. Northern Arizona at 6 pm will be played as scheduled.

https://twitter.com/ZAGMBB

sittingon50
11-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Comin' in from Colville this afternoon, folks. Generally take the North/South to Francis & then thru Hillyard. Would appreciate any travel updates as the day progresses. Thanks.

(we didn't get it nearly as bad up here as you guys did)

LongIslandZagFan
11-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Comin' in from Colville this afternoon, folks. Generally take the North/South to Francis & then thru Hillyard. Would appreciate any travel updates as the day progresses. Thanks.

from reports I have gotten from friends and family... you might have a tough time getting there once IN Spokane. I saw more trees down in pics that i saw in my neighborhood with Sandy and Irene.

Zagger
11-18-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm headed from Chattaroy via 2 then Nevada/Hamilton at around 3:30 today. Will post what traffic issues I run across.

Reborn
11-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Wow!!!! Geeze!!!! I'm so sorry for all of the residents in Spokane who are suffering because of the storm, and especially my GU family. I hope everyone is okay, and no deaths reported. Hope the game goes on too, but not as much as I hope everyone is just okay, and that electricity is restored soon. I know it's cold there these days.....stay warm my friends.

ZaGranny
11-18-2015, 09:54 AM
We have tickets. We received this email from Josh Cox, ticket manager at 9:22:

Tonight’s Men’s Basketball game vs. Northern Arizona will go on as scheduled. Doors will open at 4:30 pm and the game will start at 6 pm.

Josh Cox
Ticket Manager
Gonzaga University Athletics

We will be leaving from Sandpoint about 2:00 PM.

ZaGranny

Zag 77
11-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Reborn, unfortunately there were two fatalities. One woman was hit by a falling tree on the South Hill in the late afternoon as she was walking. Another woman was driving her car out to Cheney when it was hit by a falling tree. There are many power lines down and the power company workers are definitely in a hazardous line of work.

seacatfan
11-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Stay safe everybody.

Big storm over here in Western Washington yesterday as well. Lots of power outages around the region, thankfully not at my house. Most of the rivers are flooding currently.

ReluctantSpokie
11-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Just drove from downtown to Colbert, out to Indian Trail, and back. Lights seem to be out on Division the whole way, so I took Nevada, where it was smooth sailing. On the way back, I took Waikiki and Country homes... lights out on both streets, but there wasn't much traffic at that time. About half of the lights on Francis were out west of Division.

If I were coming from Colville, I'd probably take 395 to 2, then Nevada to campus.

I used the waze app for the first time on my drive back into town. I would recommend it on a day like this.

U Zig, I Zag
11-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Basically, go where there are less trees. The stop lights have been an issue (the valley was a mess, even at 6:30am). I believe they fixed a lot of those.

I was told that large swathes of folks should get power as they get the main lines going to certain areas. Mine seems to be localized around my immediate area so I am hoping that means it's fixed sooner than later.

sittingon50
11-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the updates. Hittin' the road.

Zagger
11-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Light at Magnesium & Nevada is out. Sort of a long wait for that one as traffic is getting heavy. Rest of Nevada S of Magnesium looking OK.

Dogtownkid
11-18-2015, 04:02 PM
This may be too late to help anyone coming in from a distance, but Nevada/Hamilton is okay. I stayed on side streets so I wouldn't have to bother with lights. No lights on Division, but I didn't see any trees down. The south hill is bad, and I was told there was damage on the north hill; however, I didn't see any.

GU has power. I was there this afternoon.