PDA

View Full Version : I just heard it AGAIN...

Goshzagit
11-17-2015, 07:29 PM
from someone extremely close to the program,

"Bryan Alberts can shoot the heck outta the ball".

I hope Mr. Alberts can prove it, because this backcourt could use a dependable perimeter shooter.

This is the umpteenth time I've heard about BA's shooting ability -- mid-range & beyond -- be singled out and praised specifically...

This can't be a coincidence, can it?

I thought his shoot looked fugly in our lone exhibition game, and his 0-5 line wasn't pretty, yet there must be something there.

Reborn
11-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Nerves. He's going to be okay, and so will the others. All of this worrying that's going on is just funny to me. Let's watch a few games and see what happens. I'm very positive about out guards, and they will do just fine, imo. Looking forward to seeing EMac and Perkins play tomorrow. And now Albertys too.

RenoZag
11-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Let's watch a few games and see what happens.

+1

TheGonzagaFactor
11-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Let's watch a few games and see what happens.

+1

What a reasonable plan of action...

vandalzag
11-18-2015, 08:15 AM
No I think 20 Minutes against Pitt is enough to draw a conclusion

hondo
11-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Reason here would be as out of place as a cactus on an iceberg.

Reborn
11-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Reason here would be as out of place as a cactus on an iceberg.

Hahahahah hahahah hahahahahah hahahah good one Hondo. You made my morning....hahaha

Salsageek
11-18-2015, 09:15 AM
I know Melson can shoot too as I saw it myself during Summer scrimmage. He just couldn't miss and made like 7 3s all over the court.

raise the zag
11-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I know Melson can shoot too as I saw it myself during Summer scrimmage. He just couldn't miss and made like 7 3s all over the court.

We saw glimpses last yr too...silas may be our most natural scorer, not named Wiltjer.

If Melson was a better ball mover/passer, he'd be an elite prospect & our starting 2 guard.

My hope is Alberts is a gamer & can make it happen with the lights on.

Coaches are very high on his perimeter skills. I hear his name mentioned when shooting is spoken about, much like I hear Silas & athleticism, or Perks & passing, Sabonis & motor, Wiltjer & skill, & so forth...

RenoZag
11-18-2015, 05:53 PM
from someone extremely close to the program,

"Bryan Alberts can shoot the heck outta the ball".

I hope Mr. Alberts can prove it, because this backcourt could use a dependable perimeter shooter.

This is the umpteenth time I've heard about BA's shooting ability -- mid-range & beyond -- be singled out and praised specifically...

This can't be a coincidence, can it?

I thought his shoot looked fugly in our lone exhibition game, and his 0-5 line wasn't pretty, yet there must be something there.

He's looking better tonight, Gosh. . .

seacatfan
11-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Yep, pure looking stroke, nailed back-to-back 3's.