6pm = Georgetown at #3 Maryland, ESPN2
7pm = Cal State Fullerton at Pacific

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-17-2015, 03:34 PM
Two big match-ups tonight at the Champions Classic:

4:30pm = #5 Duke vs. #2 Kentucky, ESPN
7pm = #13 Michigan State vs. #4 Kansas, ESPN

Looking forward to these games.
It'll be cool to see Chase Jeter for Duke and check out the player Zach Collins has been going against in practice the past few years.

sittingon50
11-17-2015, 05:10 PM
W.Mich 74
USD 62

FTM-FTA USD 5-10
FTM-FTA WMU 25-38

CDC84
11-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Wichita State struggling at Tulsa. Down 11 with 3:24 to go.

CDC84
11-17-2015, 06:11 PM
#9 Shockers get shocked 77-67. They only shot 36% from the floor. Van Fleet shot horribly. Besides Anton Grady, their much celebrated backcourt doesn't have the support around them that last year's team did.

Duke's youth is going to take awhile to develop. They lack a real PG right now, which doesn't help as well.

MickMick
11-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Teams will look a whole lot different in about three months.

sittingon50
11-17-2015, 08:10 PM
CS Fullerton 77
Pacific 76

Pacific gives up a layup @ home with :13 to go.

Reborn
11-17-2015, 08:47 PM
I saw a list of teams who have lost this year so far. Gonzaga is not the only team who is trying to find itself in this new season. At least we haven't lost yet. But we need to play some games. The Zags are getting behind in that department. Some teams have already had four games.

whatazag
11-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Was the Matt McQuaid playing for Sparty the same we had been recruiting? I thought he committed elsewhere. At any rate, we may have missed out on a good one and the answer to some of our guard outside shooting woes.

ZagaZags
11-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Was the Matt McQuaid playing for Sparty the same we had been recruiting? I thought he committed elsewhere. At any rate, we may have missed out on a good one and the answer to some of our guard outside shooting woes.

Matt McQuaid decommitted from SMU.

Reborn
11-18-2015, 09:17 AM
It felt good to watch basketball again. I've been so into football this year because my grandson played for Davis. He graduates this year. The season ended last Friday night. I enjoyed the games of course. So many freshmen in the Duke vs Kentucky game. I was amazed at their level of play. For me the Michigan St vs Kansas game was the best. I just love Tom Izzo, and how his players don't know the meaning of the word quit.

And that's why you can not judge how well GU is playing right now. Playing a half a game means nothing in all actuality. Michigan St was down by 11 halfway through the second half. It's how a team finishes a game that i want to see. Valentine really played great.

seacatfan
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Big win for Sparty last night. I watched bits and pieces of it. Huge comeback after trailing most of the game. Amazing performance from Valentine. I wasn't too sure about MSU. They didn't have a great year last year until their Final 4 run, and lost 2 or their top 3 scorers. Looks like they might be just fine. That Izzo guy sure can coach, probably my favorite coach in the country for a team that isn't "my team."

seacatfan
11-18-2015, 10:12 AM
I also watched some of Oregon St.-Iona. The Beavers are gonna be fun to watch this year. Much better depth and a talent infusion with the freshmen class, now they are playing with some tempo and not trying to limit possessions and grind it out. Former GU targets Tinkle and Thompson, Jr. both look good. So far the best of the freshmen has been Eubanks. Long, lanky big man that swats a lot of shots and dunks every time he's even close to the rim. Play of the night Tinkle got a steal, leading the break dropped of a perfect no-look between the legs bounce pass to a trailing Eubanks for the thunderous dunk.