PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 16 Polls: AP - 10, Coaches - 12

ZagNative
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
ESPN Rankings page (http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings)

TheGonzagaFactor
11-16-2015, 10:20 AM
I mean we haven't played ANYONE!! literally.

ZagNative
11-16-2015, 10:29 AM
This chart shows the AP rankings for last week (http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll), in addition to this week.

Kiddwell
11-16-2015, 11:43 AM
...our first game (sort of). Unranked, tenth-in-their-conference Pitt had us beat at the half. Pundits see that, drop us in rankings. I say, good. It's last year's home loss versus BYU all over again (this time, though, minus the "L"). Use the Pitt tussle as motivation. Get mad, get determined, and go thrash Northern Arizona, Mount St. Mary's, and UWKFC's dawgs.

Right now Romar's crew thinks its gonna beat us. We need to knuckle down, knuckle up, and knock 'em sideways.

:boxing:

:[

TheGonzagaFactor
11-16-2015, 12:07 PM
...our first game (sort of). Unranked, tenth-in-their-conference Pitt had us beat at the half. Pundits see that, drop us in rankings. I say, good. It's last year's home loss versus BYU all over again (this time, though, minus the "L"). Use the Pitt tussle as motivation. Get mad, get determined, and go thrash Northern Arizona, Mount St. Mary's, and UWKFC's dawgs.

Right now Romar's crew thinks its gonna beat us. We need to knuckle down, knuckle up, and knock 'em sideways.

:boxing:

:[

Doubt us moving down had anything to do with the Pitt game. Others below us played and won, we did neither, so we move down a spot. If losing a half has implications on the rankings, things are gonna get CRAZY.

Also I don't see how Pitt can be 10th in their conference. They are tied for 1st with the rest of the league.

seacatfan
11-16-2015, 12:39 PM
To say GU literally hasn't played anyone yet is disingenuous and not true. They played Pitt. The game was cancelled at halftime and didn't result in a W or L, but it was not a scrimmage, nor a figment of anyone's imagination.

zagsfanforlife
11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Doubt us moving down had anything to do with the Pitt game. Others below us played and won, we did neither, so we move down a spot. If losing a half has implications on the rankings, things are gonna get CRAZY.

Also I don't see how Pitt can be 10th in their conference. They are tied for 1st with the rest of the league.

There is 0 ways to tell for certain if the committee used the Pitt "game" against us, but personally i would be very surprised if they didnt see this as a loss or as "an unranked team is better than Gonzaga" at this current time. I, for one, tend to believe the Pitt performance dropped us in the standings.

gonstu
11-16-2015, 01:21 PM
The shift in points received is so minimal. GU lost just a few points and WSU gained just a few points - it was close to begin with, even closer now. That tells me most voters likely kept the ranking exactly the same & it was just a few voters that flip-flopped them.

ZagsGoZags
11-17-2015, 12:35 PM
probably all voters on both polls know Baylor beat us, and we didn't look good against Pitt
they are probably not supposed to count either one, but they know the facts and it may have influenced them a tad
all of them, including us zag fans,
know we have to wait to see how well Silas, Eric and Alberts develop this season