PDA

View Full Version : Melson has a Floater

Kiddwell
11-13-2015, 08:43 PM
And he had it twice. Nice to see after his exhibition game. Another takeaway might be that we were down at the half, a symbolic loss that might prompt the team to really get after it when the Zags go to the Bahamas (kind of like the boost in intensity garnered from last season's late loss to BYU). This especially, since the UW looked pretty good tonight.

:]

Zagger
11-14-2015, 03:28 AM
And he had it twice. Nice to see after his exhibition game. Another takeaway might be that we were down at the half, a symbolic loss that might prompt the team to really get after it when the Zags go to the Bahamas (kind of like the boost in intensity garnered from last season's late loss to BYU). This especially, since the UW looked pretty good tonight....

Yeah, that's got to help out in SN's confidence dept. He looked pretty good.
I'm feeling pretty good about the whole team too actually. They certainly have work to do but what team does not? It'll take awhile before the team clicks ... fires on all cylinders. When it does ... oooh aaah!

CdAZagFan
11-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Melson did show a brief glimpse of what could be possible... Someone in the backcourt definitely needs to step up offensively, and it may be Melson. I am excited to see what these guards can bring to the table - especially on "real" basketball floors! It's just too small of sample size to see at this point.

El Zag
11-14-2015, 09:25 AM
"And he had it twice. Nice to see after his exhibition game. Another takeaway might be that we were down at the half, a symbolic loss that might prompt the team to really get after it when the Zags go to the Bahamas (kind of like the boost in intensity garnered from last season's late loss to BYU). This especially, since the UW looked pretty good tonight."

Melson gave the team a boost in the win at BYU last year. BYU played hard and even though we had a seven point lead, they were still in the game . Enter Melson . Almost immediately , he drives around a tired defender and throws it down.
That took the wind out of the sails for BYU.
During the subsequent loss at home , he had an assist and a rebound made his only shot (a 3 ptr ,although not a swish) . That took 5 minutes, before being benched for the remainder of the game.

Mike83814
11-14-2015, 10:07 AM
It was nice to see him be able to score, but it's going to be nicer to see him feed the ball down low to one of the bigs. I still have faith in the guy, but he's still passing up open looks down low in favor of kicking it out to the wings when he doesn't have a shot.

ProjectMKUltra5
11-14-2015, 10:29 AM
If he's in the corner and somebody runs him off the 3 point line he will hit that every. single. time. It's probably his best shot imo

SWZag
11-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Love the floater.

Birddog
11-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Made me smile as much as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM

ZagMan in Philly
11-27-2015, 02:32 PM
His jump shots are coming around.
He will break out big soon.

zag buddy
11-27-2015, 02:46 PM
We don't need him to break out and be a star we need him to be consistent like Draino.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2015, 02:57 PM
We don't need him to break out and be a star we need him to be consistent like Draino.

I agree, but it's also like saying we need him to be a 5th year senior...which is funny.

roxdoc
11-27-2015, 03:18 PM
We need Silas to be a major scoring threat. Draino is terrific and my favorite player but we need a major scoring guard.

ZagsGoZags
11-27-2015, 03:22 PM
we need him to play one half of every practice with no shooting, only passing
he can be a volume shooter when he is as good as Adam M. and Kyle W.
now he tries to remember to pass, which is a good thing but not second nature to him yet
if he continues focusing on passing to the inside he will eventually become capable of doing it