Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Large EArthquake Just North of Okinawa

Just breaking. http://www.kitv.com/story/30513573/n...rth-of-okinawa

Connect

WA BEACH, Hawaii -
    The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says there is no tsunami threat for Hawaii after a 7.0-magnitude earthquake off the southern coast of the main island of Japan and north of Okinawa on Friday. The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting the magnitude is 6.5.
    Have no idea if this will impact the game. No real indication as to just how far away it was.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Second report from google:

The U.S. Geological Service says a magnitude 6.7 earthquake has struck in the East China Sea north of the Japanese island of Okinawa.

The USGS said the quake occurred at 4:11 a.m. Monday with its epicenter located 68 miles north-northwest of Nago, a tourist town in the northern Okinawa Island near a U.S. Marine Base. Its depth was given as 69.8 miles.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• Section 116
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Monday?

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Santangelo/ Andy Katz went for a run this morning

The heading in the pic exclusivelee posted said it was a "Game Day" run .... so I have to assume it was after the earthquake. Hope so, anyway.

sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• gu03alum
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Karnowski just posted this photo so I don't think they felt it.

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
            Monday?
            I don't understand that. The info came initially from the Pitt board and then google seemed to sound like it was breaking.

ETA: Apparently it was this morning and I guess it has no bearing as this marine base is in the south and the earthquake was north of the island.
            Last edited by DZ; 11-13-2015, 03:17 PM.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X