PDA

View Full Version : Like a Kid at Christmas. . .

RenoZag
11-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Tomorrow we'll see our Zags face off against stern competition in the marquee game of the day, a nationally televised ESPN broadcast with the added significance of the venue. It's the Armed Forces Classic, a series that memorably began on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson in 2011 when Michigan State faced North Carolina and Roy and Tom said it was the coolest thing they had ever done.

And now the Zags are doing it, kicking off the 2015-16 season in the spotlight against Jamie Dixon's Pitt Panthers, an underrated ACC squad picked to finish 10th in their conference playing a Top Ten team that features a transfer from Kentucky that some believe will be the national player of the year. . .

Does it get any better than this ? I feel like a kid the night before Christmas, hoping that starter set of golf clubs will be under the tree after years of asking.

As the season kicks off in earnest, I want to say 'thank you' in advance to the men and women who make the GUB MBB forum such a terrific resource for all things related to Gonzaga basketball. The stats, the photos, the links to stories. . .debates, arguments, analysis, and pathos. It's all here, a click or two away, an internet adventure of unique properties that encompasses a passion and love for Gonzaga basketball.

Though we live behind anonymous screen names and avatars, it still feels like a family. Maybe a dysfunctional family at times, family nonetheless.

I look forward to seeing you around the virtual campus from now until the last scorebook closes on the season. It could be quite the ride.

Regards,

Reno

NumberCruncher
11-12-2015, 06:46 PM
:cheers:

kitzbuel
11-12-2015, 07:42 PM
I am so excited. Both my daughters are excited. They have been wearing their Zag gear to school the whole week. Let's start a legend this weekend!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

OZZY
11-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks Reno,

I too feel a small part of the family (admittedly a distant relative!).

:)

It is going to be a great weekend, watch the Zags play 11:00 am Saturday (my time), then Sunday cruise on up to our Hunter Valley have a great lunch then watch Fleetwood Mac live in concert amongst our great vineyards !

Zagceo
11-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Thx Reno. Can't wait

TheZagPhish
11-12-2015, 09:26 PM
We're getting the set of golf clubs.

Five stars.

:cheers:

zagamatic
11-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Tomorrow afternoon seems like it's a long long long way away!

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-13-2015, 03:08 AM
With you Reno! Great post.
Gameday👍💥💥💥💥💥💥👍

GoZags
11-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Tomorrow we'll see our Zags face off against stern competition in the marquee game of the day, a nationally televised ESPN broadcast with the added significance of the venue. It's the Armed Forces Classic, a series that memorably began on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson in 2011 when Michigan State faced North Carolina and Roy and Tom said it was the coolest thing they had ever done.

And now the Zags are doing it, kicking off the 2015-16 season in the spotlight against Jamie Dixon's Pitt Panthers, an underrated ACC squad picked to finish 10th in their conference playing a Top Ten team that features a transfer from Kentucky that some believe will be the national player of the year. . .

Does it get any better than this ? I feel like a kid the night before Christmas, hoping that starter set of golf clubs will be under the tree after years of asking.

As the season kicks off in earnest, I want to say 'thank you' in advance to the men and women who make the GUB MBB forum such a terrific resource for all things related to Gonzaga basketball. The stats, the photos, the links to stories. . .debates, arguments, analysis, and pathos. It's all here, a click or two away, an internet adventure of unique properties that encompasses a passion and love for Gonzaga basketball.

Though we live behind anonymous screen names and avatars, it still feels like a family. Maybe a dysfunctional family at times, family nonetheless.

I look forward to seeing you around the virtual campus from now until the last scorebook closes on the season. It could be quite the ride.

Regards,

Reno

Perfect Reno .... couldn't agree more.

bigblahla
11-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Ditto...best board...best members...GUNation....

Go !! Zags!!!

DixieZag
11-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Well said. The Zag community is as special as the team.

Radbooks
11-13-2015, 06:25 AM

Regards,

Reno

Totally agree!!

ZagsGoZags
11-13-2015, 07:16 AM
This has to be one of the best posts I have ever read on this board.
On the personal side, it is 'family' and 'community' aspect that keeps me here when all I have to offer is enthusiasm and opinions. I was a zagfanatic starting from the time Dan Dickau and Blake Stepp were guards, and became a fan because I thought the continued success of the program was such an improbable force in the world of giant universities across our great land. I did not discover this board until 2007. That was a fun day for me, and my learning curve about the zags and basketball has not stopped to this day. I've never been a BB coach, never played the game competitively, do not participate in any other blogs, never attended GU, have never met a single person who posts here in person, and have so little to offer I suspect many have pushed the ignore button next to my name. If not for the internet I could never have found such a treasure trove of zag fans. To all of you I want to join Reno in appreciating the posters, administrators and readers of this blog for making it a special zag family. Almost every time I keystroke my way onto the Board I feel like a kid at Christmas sitting down to open a present.

TacomaZAG
11-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Thanks, Reno...............

A great way to start the season. The DVR is set, can't wait to get this thing rolling again this year!!

Go ZAGS

gu03alum
11-13-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm ready. I got my beer. I teleworked today so I wouldn't miss a minute of the game. I can't believe the season is already here. Go Zags Go!

Jakester425
11-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Not sure the best place to post this but Jim Meehan tweeted out the start time is now 4:40 pm pacific.

https://twitter.com/SRJimm