PDA

View Full Version : Sabonis to play

Ekrub
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Per Katz on twitter:

Just talked to Gonzaga's Domantas Sabonis about his back injury suffered in exhibition. He will play. And expects to be effective. He had sat out practices prior to Thursday here in Okinawa. But he went hard and competed in whole practice. Zags experienced travelers, especially Sabonis and Przemek Karnowski.

strikenowhere
11-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Per Katz on twitter:

Just talked to Gonzaga's Domantas Sabonis about his back injury suffered in exhibition. He will play. And expects to be effective. He had sat out practices prior to Thursday here in Okinawa. But he went hard and competed in whole practice. Zags experienced travelers, especially Sabonis and Przemek Karnowski.

Muawhahaha

Goshzagit
11-12-2015, 05:11 PM
https://themalaysianlotrogamer.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/picard-yes-meme.jpg

bartruff1
11-12-2015, 05:49 PM
That is great news for Gonzaga and even better news for him....

Coach Crazy
11-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Soooo...do we just have Rui sign after the game?

bigblahla
11-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Sounds good to me....was thinking the same thing...what a year for recruiting and transfers...

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
11-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Zags by 10.

IvantheZag
11-12-2015, 08:00 PM
That would cap off a great week for Zag Nation!

Zagger
11-13-2015, 03:19 AM
Hard to keep a good man down! With Edwards looking good too - plenty of opportunities to keep all our bigs fresh.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-13-2015, 04:16 AM
Per Katz on twitter:

Excellent news!

I posted somewhere that Pitt has a huge opportunity playing a top 10 team and Zags better be ready to match their intensity. How can any teammate of Sabonis not match his intensity on the court...it's inspiring.

Zags have a huge opportunity to make a statement with a win here too. I like our chances.

jpwils
11-13-2015, 06:57 AM
Excellent news!

I posted somewhere that Pitt has a huge opportunity playing a top 10 team and Zags better be ready to match their intensity. How can any teammate of Sabonis not match his intensity on the court...it's inspiring.

Zags have a huge opportunity to make a statement with a win here too. I like our chances.

Sabonis is setting a fine example with his CHARACTER. Even if he only plays five minutes it will be like Willis Reed showing up for the big game back in the 70's for the Knicks!! I tip my cap to you and your work ethic , Domas....bringing the lunch pale back to the party !

DixieZag
11-13-2015, 11:27 AM
This is good news b/c this is a big game.

It's really weird that the first game of the year is undeniably a big game. Because of our conference, our seed is largely made up by OOC play. We can't afford to be Michigan State or one of those Big 12 teams that can go just a little over .500 in OOC and then get hot and win a bunch of big conference games and get a 4 seed. We only have 5-6 chances for "good wins" and a loss to start the season and drop us back further is a bigger deal for us than most BCS teams.

I'm glad to hear he's playing b/c his aggression sets a tone for others.

Mike83814
11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
This is good news b/c this is a big game.

It's really weird that the first game of the year is undeniably a big game. Because of our conference, our seed is largely made up by OOC play. We can't afford to be Michigan State or one of those Big 12 teams that can go just a little over .500 in OOC and then get hot and win a bunch of big conference games and get a 4 seed. We only have 5-6 chances for "good wins" and a loss to start the season and drop us back further is a bigger deal for us than most BCS teams.

I'm glad to hear he's playing b/c his aggression sets a tone for others.

There's been a lot of questions around leadership of the team this last year. I think Sabonis and EMac are going to really show up on this front this year, with Perk taking the helms next year. Any time Sabonis is near the court, you can almost feel the boost he gives the other guys.

hooter73
11-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Domas to play.

GU: cheers.
Pitt: "Oh son of a ..."

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-13-2015, 01:08 PM
There's been a lot of questions around leadership of the team this last year. I think Sabonis and EMac are going to really show up on this front this year, with Perk taking the helms next year. Any time Sabonis is near the court, you can almost feel the boost he gives the other guys.

Dranginis may not be a real vocal leader, but I believe he's definitely going to lead by example: hustle, tough D, rebounding and knocking down shots in the clutch. I know KD can shoot from 3 and more than any other year he has a green light to do so.

hooter73
11-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Dont know if its so much of a green light as a - welp, somebody has to do it and since no one else is...

:jk: