PDA

View Full Version : Opponent recap....Huskies

23zagmd
11-06-2015, 07:45 AM
This is the type of UW team that will win a bunch of games they have no business winning and lose a few they shouldn't. I was a little underwhelmed by their Defense given that is what everyone has been talking about in Seattle, getting the Huskies back to the run and jump Dawgs.

They have a bunch of really nice players but most of these guys don't have really defined roles. They lack a true PG and really have NO low post presence. They are going to struggle in the half to score all season. They got absolutely crushed on the boards by SPU, who has the big German kid that transferred from UW. Andrew Andrews is a nice guard that is very strong and scores in the lane often, Dejonte Murry is super talented but really lacks size and strength to get shots that are wide open jumpers or transition baskets, and M. Thybulle is a nice defender. Dickerson ended up with 17 points and had a bunch of rebound put backs in transition but he is way undersized to produce like that on a consistent basis. David Crisp can not handle pressure and really struggled with his strong suit, shooting!

the two areas of concern I see for the Huskies are 3pt shooting and post play at both ends of the court. oh, and youth...3!

I will be shocked if Donovan Dorsey doesn't transfer after this year....he hardly played.

I have NO idea how they are going hang with the likes of Texas and Gonzaga in the coming games. They will have to shoot 60% from the field to not get completely run out of the gym IMHO.

ZAGGED OUT
11-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Good write up, sounds about as expected. The loss of NGW hurt them big time, but we all knew that was coming. Overall, sounds like a typical Romar team: Athletic, perimeter length, but lacking execution. Talented players will score in transition on their own, but high level coaching is what develops half court offense. I'd say the clock is ticking on Romar, but I honestly think the clock doesn't exist anymore. He has the school in his pocket for some unknown reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacomaZAG
11-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Another mish-mash of unmatched parts who are individually stronger than the whole mess. Another installment of the Fuskies annual poorly coached group of good athletes who will underperform as a team.

YAWN..............

Go ZAGS

DixieZag
11-06-2015, 09:09 AM
What a great post. Thank you very much.

In terms of playing us, all I fear is a team that knows it's a big rivalry game but goes into it with nothing to lose. A fast, loose team that gets a little hot? Trouble.

We should beat them by 20.

Zagdawg
11-06-2015, 09:09 AM
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/four-freshmen-look-impressive-as-washington-scores-98-80-exhibition-win-over-seattle-pacific/

Kiddwell
11-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Kiddwell's a worry wart. The upcoming UW game makes me kinda nervous. If Texas beats 'em silly, then that bodes well for our game vs. them. Still, as noted above by DixieZag, this's a BIG RIVALRY; and a lot of UW's kids turned down GU, so they're gonna want to show The Basketball Universe that they made the right choice.

Longhorns, gore the Huskies. Beat 'em by 20. :boxing:

:]

hooter73
11-06-2015, 09:33 AM
lol, the SEATTLE times seems to think they are a fabulous team :roll:

In all seriousness though I agree with the above that a team with nothing to lose is dangerous and they are going to be gunning for us.

mattydog73
11-06-2015, 09:49 AM
This is the type of UW team that will win a bunch of games they have no business winning and lose a few they shouldn't. I was a little underwhelmed by their Defense given that is what everyone has been talking about in Seattle, getting the Huskies back to the run and jump Dawgs.

They have a bunch of really nice players but most of these guys don't have really defined roles. They lack a true PG and really have NO low post presence. They are going to struggle in the half to score all season. They got absolutely crushed on the boards by SPU, who has the big German kid that transferred from UW. Andrew Andrews is a nice guard that is very strong and scores in the lane often, Dejonte Murry is super talented but really lacks size and strength to get shots that are wide open jumpers or transition baskets, and M. Thybulle is a nice defender. Dickerson ended up with 17 points and had a bunch of rebound put backs in transition but he is way undersized to produce like that on a consistent basis. David Crisp can not handle pressure and really struggled with his strong suit, shooting!

the two areas of concern I see for the Huskies are 3pt shooting and post play at both ends of the court. oh, and youth...3!

I will be shocked if Donovan Dorsey doesn't transfer after this year....he hardly played.

I have NO idea how they are going hang with the likes of Texas and Gonzaga in the coming games. They will have to shoot 60% from the field to not get completely run out of the gym IMHO.

Excellent recap!

ProjectMKUltra5
11-06-2015, 09:58 AM
I have NO idea how they are going hang with the likes of Texas and Gonzaga in the coming games.

They won't. They're relying on an erratic shoot first point guard with a ridiculous name and a bunch of freshman that are probably better off redshirting. I'd be suprised if they go .500.

Mantua
11-06-2015, 01:08 PM
lol, the SEATTLE times seems to think they are a fabulous team :roll:

In all seriousness though I agree with the above that a team with nothing to lose is dangerous and they are going to be gunning for us.

The "staff" wrote that nice and puffy article. Looks like the Seattle Times is understaffed at the moment.

Mike83814
11-06-2015, 02:31 PM
“We had a lot of mistakes,” said UW coach Lorenzo Romar, who bemoaned UW’s 19 turnovers.

19 turnovers! For an exhibition game! Ouch...

zagamatic
11-06-2015, 09:49 PM
31 fouls! ? Yup, sounds like a lot of freshmen