PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishing - Waterhole for Zags Fans

BobZag
10-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Anybody hooking up with a trout--er, I mean, online broadcasts for Zag games, especially games that are only on KHQ/RootNW?

I know many fans who cannot watch games that aren't on ESPN.

They need help from a friendly fisherman.

strikenowhere
10-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Anybody hooking up with a trout--er, I mean, online broadcasts for Zag games, especially games that are only on KHQ/RootNW?

BobZag - don't you have the power to remind the fine folks at the Gonzaga athletic department that there is a demand for legitimate fishing holes? In this day and age its ridiculous that I cannot watch every single one of their games online if I want to pay for it!

jazzdelmar
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM
BobZag - don't you have the power to remind the fine folks at the Gonzaga athletic department that there is a demand for legitimate fishing holes? In this day and age its ridiculous that I cannot watch every single one of their games online if I want to pay for it!

Totally agree. Its ridiculous no such portal is available. As for me, I would be willing to pay upwards of 20 bucks for a clean telecast of a non ESPN game. What do you think is the sweet spot for pricing, and why isn't this simply available. I can't imagine patronage would materially cut into a standard telecast locally.

Zaggin' it
10-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Totally agree. Its ridiculous no such portal is available. As for me, I would be willing to pay upwards of 20 bucks for a clean telecast of a non ESPN game. What do you think is the sweet spot for pricing, and why isn't this simply available. I can't imagine patronage would materially cut into a standard telecast locally.

How is it two years in you know nothing about this service on the WCC's network. Every non-espn game is broadcast online for free. Has been for a couple of years.

gonstu
10-28-2015, 12:36 PM
How is it two years in you know nothing about this service on the WCC's network. Every non-espn game is broadcast online for free. Has been for a couple of years.

Is that all games or only in-conference games?

hooter73
10-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Im a fisherman for all games not locally broadcast. I am a very grateful fisherman when accessing those great streams.

jazzdelmar
10-28-2015, 12:43 PM

Dear Sir, thanks for the snark and suggestion. I am quite aware of the purported availability on that POS app/link and would not want to be dependent on it for anything. The programming is spotty at best and the resolution is Polaroid era. But thanks, good luck with all that.

Zaggin' it
10-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Dear Sir, thanks for the snark and suggestion. I am quite aware of the purported availability on that POS app/link and would not want to be dependent on it for anything. The programming is spotty at best and the resolution is Polaroid era. But thanks, good luck with all that.

" Its ridiculous no such portal is available."

Then you are aware it's available.

zagbeliever
10-28-2015, 01:04 PM
They do broadcast the games but the Zags don't always get the LIVE broadcast. Most of us want live broadcasts. They rotate the livegames if there are some on at the same time.

jazzdelmar
10-28-2015, 01:04 PM
" Its ridiculous no such portal is available."

Then you are aware it's available.

I said I was aware. I'm also aware it's a substandard presentation in every way. And as said above, live is preferred. Live is good. Are you an employe?

ZagaZags
10-28-2015, 01:08 PM

For $20.00 a game, you should just get DirecTV.

jazzdelmar
10-28-2015, 01:10 PM
For $20.00 a game, you should just get DirecTV.

Good point ZZ. Can I get that here in Del Mar? What I pay TW is an abomination.

ZagaZags
10-28-2015, 01:14 PM

You can get DirecTV on the moon. If you are a new customer, you will also get the NFL package for free for 1 year. ( I think they still offer that.)

229SintoZag
10-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Jazzmeister.............you're across the marine base from my house in San Clemente. When I'm there I get everything on DTV including Zag games/. Hope that helps my friend. You might look up which company does which.

I have had DirecTV since 2003 and I cannot recall the last time I missed a live game. I think there were one or two games a year that were tough to find about 5-7 years ago. If you get DirecTV with their sports pack you are almost certain to catch every game.

The only drawback is no Pac 12 Network, which is inexcusable.

ProjectMKUltra5
10-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Makes me feel fortunate that I can just hit KHQ and the game is on, haven't missed a game since I was in high school.

You guys should just move to Spokane

kitzbuel
10-28-2015, 02:23 PM
I have had DirecTV since 2003 and I cannot recall the last time I missed a live game. I think there were one or two games a year that were tough to find about 5-7 years ago. If you get DirecTV with their sports pack you are almost certain to catch every game.

Obviously this hijacking of sorts does not help with fishing holes, but I have also had tremendous success with Dish. I get every game that is telecast when it is telecast. I also get their Dish Anywhere which lets me view my TV from my computer, iPad, smart phone, etc from anywhere.

Marcus
10-28-2015, 02:45 PM
As someone who needs access to the fishing hole to watch any Zag game at all a little heads up as to the location of the spot is always appreciated. I am forever greatful to the kind souls that take this on and share it with those of us that need the service. I live in northern bc where the lake fishing is great but access to the Zag variety is severley lacking.

#1bulldogfan
10-28-2015, 02:58 PM
If you have a friend here in Spokane who has dish give them the 20$ per game helping them with their bill. They would then have to trust you with their access to their
account. You could then access Dish Anywhere with your computer and connect it to your TV thru HDTV cord and watch all the games on your big screen LIVE.

U Zig, I Zag
10-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Is it that time of year already? Looks like the 7th is the first game (exbh).

I haven't even looked into since the last game that was streamed. Assuming it will all work the same. I believe last year had 50k or more views, a lot of them from Europe..., fwiw.

DixieZag
10-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Does the school have the ability to broadcast the games over it's own website on a pay-per season basis? I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how they could do that with so many competing broadcasters, ESPN, Root, KHQ, etc, and how they farm that money out, but I guess it can be done or no one would suggest it. IF it's possible, that would be a great idea/service. I would think $30-40/year would entice most people overseas or wherever.

jazzdelmar
10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Does the school have the ability to broadcast the games over it's own website on a pay-per season basis? I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how they could do that with so many competing broadcasters, ESPN, Root, KHQ, etc, and how they farm that money out, but I guess it can be done or no one would suggest it. IF it's possible, that would be a great idea/service. I would think $30-40/year would entice most people overseas or wherever.

Dix, that's what I'm talking about. Thank you.

Birddog
10-28-2015, 04:06 PM

Unless the Palm trees are blocking the satellite, you can and should get DirecTV. It's a good platform.

Zag Man
10-28-2015, 04:47 PM
At our condominium in Hawaii, they do not allow Direct TV satellite television. We are only able to get cable, such as TWC. Therefore, having the bb games streamed is really greatly appreciated.

RenoZag
10-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Without scrolling through the hundreds of pages in this forum that bracketed the 2014-15 season, I can't recall any games last year that didn't find their way to a fishing hole of one kind or another. Why would this season be any different ? The curators of the fishing ponds were great hosts last year, by all accounts.

Not sure the school owns the right to live stream MBB games over the web through gozags.com. . .

Beat Pitt.

P.S.

I have DIRECTV. Expensive but worth it to have access to ROOT. I will likely need to fish for the KHQ exhibition game on 11/7

tyra
10-28-2015, 06:19 PM
I have access to coverage of every game EXCEPT the Eastern Oregon game. I do NOt have Direct TV. Anyone have an online suggestion for that game only?

Once and Future Zag
10-28-2015, 06:47 PM
At our condominium in Hawaii, they do not allow Direct TV satellite television. We are only able to get cable, such as TWC. Therefore, having the bb games streamed is really greatly appreciated.

https://www.fcc.gov/guides/installing-consumer-owned-antennas-and-satellite-dishes

Under the OTARD rules, an owner or a tenant has the right to install an antenna (that meets size limitations) on property that he owns or over which he has exclusive use or control. This includes single family homes, condominiums, cooperatives, townhomes and manufactured homes. In the case of condominiums, cooperatives and rental properties, the rules apply to “exclusive use” areas, like terraces, balconies or patios. “Exclusive use” refers to an area of the property that only the renter and people allowed by the renter may enter and use. If the area is shared with others or accessible without the renter’s permission, it is not considered to be an exclusive use area.
Restrictions that prevent or delay installation, maintenance or use of antennas covered by the rule are prohibited. For example, in most cases, requirements to get approval before installing an antenna are prohibited.

Might that give you some leverage?

ZagMan in Philly
10-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Is it that time of year already? Looks like the 7th is the first game (exbh).

I haven't even looked into since the last game that was streamed. Assuming it will all work the same. I believe last year had 50k or more views, a lot of them from Europe..., fwiw.

U Zig I Zag, you have done a tremendous job last year setting up most of those HD Streams for the Zag fans that are not able to get the games on T.V.
We all hope you will be able to help out again. I will fill in if needed. Almost game time.
Houston, here we come!
Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
10-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Zig, backed up by Phil, is a formidable asset for distant GU fans.

jake
10-29-2015, 09:22 AM

It could be that I'm not smart enough to figure this out, but I have not been able to get every Zag game on thew.tv . For some games either something else was on, or there was some kind of geographic blackout; whatever the reason was, it didn't always work for me.

webspinnre
10-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Exactly. They do black out some games, and the quality is sometimes poor, and sometimes it just doesn't work. Still, better than nothing.

Zaga
10-29-2015, 11:23 AM

Dish Network has the PAC 12 but not the NFL package. Dish also has a 1TB DVR to record your hearts desire!

zagfan24
10-29-2015, 01:34 PM
I have had pretty good luck with accessing TheW.tv through the livestream app on my Roku. Not great quality but better than nothing; only problem is it's very slightly delayed so occasionally get spoiler texts from my friends and family ;) That, along with WatchESPN and the very kind services of UZIZ, Philly, and others, has allowed me access to very nearly every GU game since moving to the midwest.

GrizZAG
10-29-2015, 02:50 PM
U Zig I Zag, you have done a tremendous job last year setting up most of those HD Streams for the Zag fans that are not able to get the games on T.V.
We all hope you will be able to help out again. I will fill in if needed. Almost game time.
Houston, here we come!
Go Zags!

Thanks so much to the both of you. I am stuck with a community that requires us to use a bulk negotiated carrier in Palm Desert (Verizon) so buying double service would get pricey when south. You are definitely the "Fisherman's Friends"

DixieZag
10-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Dix, that's what I'm talking about. Thank you.

Yes, I think you raise an excellent point and if it is an option that can be accomplished under the rights to the broadcasts and all that, then I think that you raise an excellent point that someone here should take to the Ath. Dpt. That someone should be someone who can discuss it on a higher level than me - many such people exist here, right Angelo?

zagporvida
10-31-2015, 04:39 AM
I am a new subscriber to DirectTV this year so I hope I can find all the games and I do plan to use a lot of that DVR for Gonzaga games!

Snagglezag
11-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Houston, here we come!
Go Zags!

+1...UZIZ, will you have a recording of the E. Oregon clash, as well?

Jstock12
11-05-2015, 10:56 AM
That would be really appreciated, UZIZ! Greetings from Lithuania.

U Zig, I Zag
11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
+1...UZIZ, will you have a recording of the E. Oregon clash, as well?

But I think the fishing hole will hold the records for a couple fish, so they can be caught again later. We can try that for Saturday.

Jordan
11-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Twitter: ‏@slipperstillfit "For Zags outside of the Spokane area, theoretically you'll be able to stream the exhibition game on @TheWtv on Saturday."

http://www.wccsports.com/game-center/563bc783e4b0a34808629c14/

RenoZag
11-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Twitter: ‏@slipperstillfit "For Zags outside of the Spokane area, theoretically you'll be able to stream the exhibition game on @TheWtv on Saturday."

Thanks for the tip & link

Kiddwell
11-05-2015, 10:00 PM

This would be great. :000tens:

On a side note, this fan's wondering when Reborn will start the season's first prediction thread (hint, hint)! :cheers:

:]

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-06-2015, 02:43 AM

That's great news and a great first post.

ZagsGoZags
11-06-2015, 03:53 AM

I don't think the Nov 7 game will be on Root NW, at least everything I have tried to find out so far is negatory, KHQ doesnt know, root sports isn't getting back to me, and it certainly isn't in the Seattle area Comcast-Infinity guide, that has root sports and a thousand channels

zag buddy
11-06-2015, 07:21 PM

uZiGiZaG
11-07-2015, 07:00 AM
I have access to all Zag games this year but I'd like to also help with supplying a fishing hole.

Can anyone PM me on how I can help create a fishing hole for pePole to use?

I am fairly certain I have everything needed (or can get anything needed) if someone can kind of get me in the right direction to get this setup and started

I think it would help a lot in cases where one fishing hole might be acting up, call it a back up plan lol

raise the zag
11-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Anyone know if the game can be viewed on Root Sports, along with KHQ?

DirecTV carriers?

uZiGiZaG
11-07-2015, 07:58 AM
Scrimmage will not be on ROOT.. Didn't see it on DirecTV period.

ZagMan in Philly
11-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Awesome...we could always use another stream as a backup.
You can find good info on how to set up and stream at ustream.tv
Pm me if you needed.
Go ZAGS!!!

I have access to all Zag games this year but I'd like to also help with supplying a fishing hole.

Can anyone PM me on how I can help create a fishing hole for pePole to use?

I am fairly certain I have everything needed (or can get anything needed) if someone can kind of get me in the right direction to get this setup and started

I think it would help a lot in cases where one fishing hole might be acting up, call it a back up plan lol

Therunner
11-07-2015, 03:49 PM
WCC site now stating they are no longer streaming Gonzaga game.

What the heck!

Any live streams via KHQ around here?!

gbnyba17
11-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah the WCC site not working, ANY HOPE OUT THERE!? Any other options?

Kiddwell

What the heck!

+1

cjm720

What the heck!

Bump

raise the zag
11-07-2015, 03:53 PM

What the heck!

Same.

it WAS working with countdown and all…

Gotta wonder if we've crashed it due to the large influx of tuning in…

Hope it resolves itself shortly.

RenoZag
11-07-2015, 03:54 PM

The WCC. . .where mediocrity and media meet

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Google ustream uziz
Be up shortly.

Law Zag In Training
Same.

it WAS working with countdown and all…

Gotta wonder if we've crashed it due to the large influx of tuning in…

Hope it resolves itself shortly.

TheW.tv
TheW.tv – ‏@TheWtv

We just received word from Gonzaga that the @ZagMBB exhibition vs. @EOUSports will NOT be streamed on our network. Sorry! 😞

No streaming at all. Any other assistance will be greatly appreciated

Zag4Hire
The WCC. . .where mediocrity and media meet

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0535/6917/products/limitationsdemotivator_large.jpeg?v=1430420134

Worthington
11-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Google ustream uziz
Be up shortly.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Thank you!!!

cjm720
11-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Google ustream uziz
Be up shortly.

Gracias!!!!

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Let me know if you can see/hear.

It injects commercials. Some guys reload the feed during official time outs to minimize missing any action.

strikenowhere
Google ustream uziz
Be up shortly.

Our savior!

ZagMan in Philly
Thanks UZIZ...
http://m.ustream.tv/channel/uziz

soccerdud
11-07-2015, 04:00 PM
working fine for me. thanks much.

madzag
Let me know if you can see/hear.

I've got Judge Judy loud and clear, thanks!!! :)

wazmix
Hopefully, Judge Judy will not be a referee tonight !!!

UZIZ, as always, is THE MAN WITH THE PLAN !!!!!! (and looks great, too).........The stream. Not sure about UZIZ ;)

Bogozags
Has the game been taken off the air?

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Hopefully, Judge Judy will not be a referee tonight !!!

UZIZ, as always, is THE MAN WITH THE PLAN !!!!!! (and looks great, too).........The stream. Not sure about UZIZ ;)

Oh, I am handsome. Let's not worry about that!

strikenowhere
11-07-2015, 04:01 PM
TheW.tv
TheW.tv – ‏@TheWtv

We just received word from Gonzaga that the @ZagMBB exhibition vs. @EOUSports will NOT be streamed on our network. Sorry! ��

No streaming at all. Any other assistance will be greatly appreciated

Its crap like this that makes me feel zero remorse for looking for less than legal avenues to watch their games. I WILL PAY MONEY TO WATCH a good stream anytime!

guniverse
11-07-2015, 04:03 PM
In the same boat is there a stream anywhere?

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Game hasn't tipped yet.

Drop the m. Part from the link. Not sure why It does that. Or Google uziz ustream

ZagaZags
11-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Looks great.

webspinnre
Thanks UZIZ...

You're the best. The offer of free beer/wine if you're ever in the Napa area remains.

exclusivelee

Game hasn't tipped yet.
Thank you. Looks fantastic on my new tv

Zag4Hire
11-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Google ustream uziz
Be up shortly.

Thank you buddy. WCC.tv almost wasted a good night of basketball and drinking.

madness
11-07-2015, 04:08 PM
UZIZ for the win!!!!!!

caduceus
11-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Oh, look....THEW.TV!!!
http://i.imgur.com/eBWFGSy.png

Uziz, you're a hero. Many thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/FR3VP0P.gif

=cad=

strikenowhere
11-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Oh, look....THEW.TV!!!
http://i.imgur.com/eBWFGSy.png

Uziz, you're a hero. Many thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/FR3VP0P.gif

=cad=

+1

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Glad it's working for you guys.

Sarenyon
11-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Uzig, how much data / min on this stream? On mobile so need to be careful. Looks great btw. Thanks.

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2015, 04:21 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/cbbf42c3bd0bda918823b2683d276bee.jpg

Thanks U Zig!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IslandZag
11-07-2015, 04:25 PM
U Zig, thank you!

Go Zags!!!!!

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 04:28 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/cbbf42c3bd0bda918823b2683d276bee.jpg

Thanks U Zig!!!!!

Nice. Almost 600 fisherman in this 1 acre pond...

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2015, 04:29 PM
U Zig, thank you!

Go Zags!!!!!

No doubt, for real!!!

I am in MICHIGAN.....IN A RESTAURANT...WATCHING A ZAGS EXHIBITION GAME....on my iPad. LOL!

wazmix
11-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Is there a reliable Ustream channel on Roku ??

caduceus
11-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks U Zig!!!!!

Hey, you made it! I didn't think I saw a watch in that picture. :D

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Is there a reliable Ustream channel on Roku ??

I know people watch it on roku. Search uziz on there I think?

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Hey, you made it! I didn't think I saw a watch in that picture. :D

Funny story. So I'm in Michigan, and to my dismay, I discovered that Michigan is not in the same time zone that I am used to. After I did the re-calculations in my head as to what time the game would now be starting since I was in a completely different time zone, I determined that the game would start at 4pm for me.

Nope. It was 8pm!!!! Lol.

It's hopeless. Hopeless I tell you!!

jazzdelmar
11-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Heister is nuts, he really is.

jazzdelmar
11-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Karno looks like a freshman.

ZagaZags
11-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Well, that was fun. Thanks UZIZ.

NontradZag
11-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Awesome, thanks for the stream!

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 06:05 PM
If you missed the game, it looks like it's archived here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uziz

RenoZag
11-07-2015, 06:06 PM
UZIZ: Thank you very much for the opportunity to cast a line and reel in a few.

ZagMan in Philly
11-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much for your stream!

U Zig, I Zag
11-07-2015, 06:09 PM
I think the high was 705 viewers at one time... that's a lot of interested Zag fans for an exhibition game during the height of the college football season.

zag buddy
11-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Pitt game
http://wccsports.com/game-center/55e7811ee4b0bdea062cdaab/

NontradZag
11-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Looks like no live stream available through WCC

NorthoftheBorder
11-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Is UZIZ streaming today's game? The link from the previous game doesn't seem to be working.

NorthoftheBorder
11-13-2015, 03:14 PM
I just get the previous Eastern Oregon game, not a live feed of the Pitt Game.

KStyles
11-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Looks like no live stream available through WCC

Yeah, ESPN holds the rights to this game, they're streaming it on WatchESPN.

webspinnre
11-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Doesn't start for another 20 minutes, hoping for a kind fishing guide to take pity on us poor fishermen.

thibaulm
11-13-2015, 03:35 PM
I am getting worried. 5 minutes to tip and nothing yet...

U Zig, I Zag
11-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Should be up

thibaulm
11-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I am getting worried. 5 minutes to tip and nothing yet...

WE ARE GO TO GOOOO!!!!

Thanks UZIZ

Jazzgirl_127
11-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Should be up

THANK YOU!