PDA

View Full Version : Snooping?

jazzdelmar
10-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Practice has been underway a while. Still, no snooping reports posted. Anyone know anything?

Chicken Ball
10-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Practice has been underway a while. Still, no snooping reports posted. Anyone know anything?

If you see something, say something.

jazzdelmar
10-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Bump. Cmon, nothing ?

MDABE80
10-23-2015, 10:57 AM
Nothing to say. Drills. Box is cleaned out Jazz.

Angelo Roncalli
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
OK. I'll bite. Two big impressions.

Bryan Alberts. He may be the best 3 point shooter on the team. Great form. He is equally adept at catching and shooting and pulling up off the dribble. His vertical elevation on his jumper is excellent and he has a very quick release.

JWIII. He is a much better rebounder than I expected and may be the best weak side shot blocker since Erroll. He takes rebounds away from Domas in practice; there aren't many guys than can do that.

In the FWIW category: Triano. I think he'll see some time on the court this year. Has decent handles and is a solid 3 point shooter.

jazzdelmar
10-23-2015, 11:58 AM

Bryan Alberts. He may be the best 3 point shooter on the team. Great form. He is equally adept at catching and shooting and pulling up off the dribble. His vertical elevation on his jumper is excellent and he has a very quick release.

JWIII. He is a much better rebounder than I expected and may be the best weak side shot blocker since Erroll. He takes rebounds away from Domas in practice; there aren't many guys than can do that.

In the FWIW category: Triano. I think he'll see some time on the court this year. Has decent handles and is a solid 3 point shooter.

I guess rank has its peeping privileges. :)

zagsfanforlife
10-23-2015, 12:04 PM

[[/I]

I love hearing about how impressive Williams is. Between him and Williams Goss, i think we have a great chance at making a final four this year. Yes yes, i know they cant play, but when DS and our bigs can go up against Williams each day in practice and our guards can go against an All American caliber player in NWG, the experience in unquantifiable.

ProjectMKUltra5
10-23-2015, 12:09 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ay58EUOcZYhwc/giphy.gif

SWZag
10-23-2015, 12:21 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see that!!

Cool about Triano also.

Thanks for the update.

Coach Crazy
10-23-2015, 01:15 PM

Yeah, his ceiling will only be determined on by how far he can take things. He's a superior athlete and has some great tools. If he turns into an all-around forward, fuhgetaboutit.

NotoriousZ
10-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks Angelo...looking forward to more snoops!

And I can't wait for the secret scrimmage leaked info, best thing we got going until game one.

JohnOGU
10-23-2015, 02:04 PM

I watched him at Kraziness in the Kennel. While it is possible that he was playing harder than the other guys due to being new, he impressed me the most.

Kiddwell
10-23-2015, 02:07 PM
Like the fact JWIII is from Memphis. That is a fruitful area for D1 prospects; if he blows up for his next and succeeding year, his play in Fewlandia just might squeeze more talent out of the Memphis area, if not Tennessee itself. Plus, of course, we're playing Tennessee in Seattle this year--so, again, here's hoping a new and fertile recruitment area opens up for us in part to JWIII excelling.

:]

GoZags
10-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Like the fact JWIII is from Memphis. That is a fruitful area for D1 prospects; if he blows up for his next and succeeding year, his play in Fewlandia just might squeeze more talent out of the Memphis area, if not Tennessee itself. Plus, of course, we're playing Tennessee in Seattle this year--so, again, here's hoping a new and fertile recruitment area opens up for us in part to JWIII excelling.

:]

I don't know that this has been posted ... but JWIII is a longtime friend (and has shared the basketball court many times) with Drew Barham. That's how he "heard" about how Gonzaga operates. It WOULD be nice if the pipeline continues ... if not through transfers then through high school seniors.

Mantua
10-23-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't know that this has been posted ... but JWIII is a longtime friend (and has shared the basketball court many times) with Drew Barham. That's how he "heard" about how Gonzaga operates. It WOULD be nice if the pipeline continues ... if not through transfers then through high school seniors.

Wow, thank you Drew. We need a defender like JWIII. I hate having to wait a year, but by then he'll be in even better shape.

And thank you Angelo for throwing out the scrap.

MickMick
10-23-2015, 03:33 PM
JWIII. " may be the best weak side shot blocker since Erroll. "

If true, this is a much bigger statement than 99.9% folks might realize.

We are talking super elite athleticism here. I am curious of what his measured vertical jump is.

jazzdelmar
10-23-2015, 03:39 PM

Welcome back, Mr Kotter

MDABE80
10-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Welcome BACK is right GZ!!
WIlliams is an elite athlete. No doubt. One look early and it became obvious. If we can keep Domas, he wil be a sensational piece. Collins joins next year too. With Edwards, we'll be fine. Out front and in the back court.

webspinnre
10-24-2015, 08:20 AM

Didn't know that, but I LOVE how our past players become parts of our recruiting efforts based on how they talk us up.

Reborn
10-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Welcome back, Mr Kotter

ditto good to see you're feeling better.....

Coach Crazy
10-24-2015, 01:38 PM
If true, this is a much bigger statement than 99.9% folks might realize.

We are talking super elite athleticism here. I am curious of what his measured vertical jump is.

All you have to do is watch his highlight footage. The kid has a fluidity and coordination when he dunks that you can't really teach. That tells me a lot about a player. If he develops a 3 point shot and can take out the awkward nature of his short-range post game...yeah, have fun with that, WCC.

Malastein
10-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Bryan Alberts. He may be the best 3 point shooter on the team. Great form. He is equally adept at catching and shooting and pulling up off the dribble. His vertical elevation on his jumper is excellent and he has a very quick release

Is he a possible surprise starter?

SteelZag
10-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Is he a possible surprise starter?

I'm not sure I would pencil him in just yet, but he's got a lot going for himself. It seems to me the only reason he may have been somewhat discounted in comparison to the other guards was due to his high school injuries, which at this point, he seems to have overcome. Shoots the 3 ball, good defender and tight handles. If he doesn't start, whoever does start is going to be very good indeed. He will definitely get plenty of minutes as the guards should push each other all season.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
10-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Sabonis & Williams next year...with a full year of experience for Perkins could produce the best Zags team ever. Add NW-Goss sweet! Williams is just the type of player I love on the interior (tough as nails NOT SOFT). The way our roster is shaping up for next year puts a smile on my face for what finally appears to be a legit Final4 run or NC. Maybe hit the transfer/GS wire for some help at the 5 (not mandatory) and next year has me so excited.

Baseline
10-24-2015, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping for a FF this year with a follow on next year hoping they catch lighting ina bottle.

Next year will see a lot of rotations based on who is restng

#5 Ryan/Zack
#4 Zack/Sobonis
#3 Subonis/JW3/Alberts
#2 Goss/Melson/Alberts
#1 Perkins/Melson/Alberts/Goss

These guys can rotate as fouls and ret time required without a drop in the team. I think this is FF if people progress as expected.

MDABE80
10-24-2015, 09:05 PM
We need another big for next year. Wiltjer, Karno and possibly Domas will be gone. 4 Bigs...Williams aand Zach with Ryan are three. One more like Williams will be needed. I always think that for the college game 7 footers are a luxury. A good 6 9 athlete who boards, passes and successfully puts up the "gimmes" is a necessity for the march to a FF. Even if Domas sticks around, we still will need a 4th.

cggonzaga
10-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Tillie could play the 4 if need be. 3 is sufficient, 4 is a luxury.

Zagdawg
10-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Agree --at 6' 8" Tillie could play the 4 ----ideally at the three ----lets see how much he grows over the next year. Sabonis stays and we have qty 5 bigs......he goes and we have 4.