PDA

View Full Version : Vitales all solid gold teams

flytiezag
10-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Two Zags on teams Kyle 1st team Domantas 4th team. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13879406/all-solid-gold-preseason-team-2015-2016

Zagricultural
10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Not speaking specifically about this list, but I have just noticed how Karno gets no love at all. Here's to hoping he plays like the beast he can be this year.

Zagdawg
10-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Under the radar ---- any coach who forgets to game plan for Shem will learn quickly the error of their ways.

zag67
10-14-2015, 12:22 PM
YOu are correct at both ends of the court. Shem will make them pay. Just like I feel that our backcourt is going to make certain teams pay.

Bouldin4Prez
10-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I think Shem flies under the radar (hard to believe a guy that big can do that) because of the fact he is an old school center player. The traditional center doesn't get as much love as it used to. Nowadays, everyone loves the 6'9 guy that is more of a hybrid type player than the back to the basket bull you out of the way player which is more of Shem. Not to say that Shem isn't an extremely skilled player but he isn't the type of guy putting the ball on the floor and leading the break or shooting 3s.

Coach Crazy
10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Not speaking specifically about this list, but I have just noticed how Karno gets no love at all. Here's to hoping he plays like the beast he can be this year.

Shem is going to have something this year he really hasn't, previously. Another "big country" big behind him. That should allow him to play a little more unreserved.

tyra
10-14-2015, 04:07 PM
What do you mean, Bouldin4Prez, that Shem doesn't shoot 3s?! Where were you last year against UP. Thing of pure beauty! I think the more straightforward explanation is his type of game, back to the basket. There's no sex appeal there at all but I'm thinking a whole lotta W's!

exclusivelee
10-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Not to say that Shem isn't an extremely skilled player but he isn't the type of guy putting the ball on the floor and leading the break or shooting 3s.

Karnwoski actually has a nice stroke from 3 and has shown that he can hit a lot in warmups before games. Shem shooting 3's doesn't seem to be part of Coach Few's gameplan. Same seems to apply for Domas shooting midrange jumpers

ZagsGoZags
10-14-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't think Few's game plan calls for Ryan or Karno to take shots from 10 ft or more, but I think Ryan could sink them now at a good rate. Karno's difficulty with free throws makes me estimate that he may never be a 3 pt threat, even if a coach asked him to work on it.