PDA

View Full Version : Zags vs. BYU - 02/27/2016

Zagnificent
10-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Hey ya'll,
I was wondering whether anyone had experience with getting tickets for the Zags @ BYU game. The few tickets that I can find now are up in the rafters. I'm not a member of the Bulldog Club. I just figured this would be a great week to schedule a ski trip to Park City, and it conveniently overlaps with the Zag show. If anyone has any helpful tips or past experience that they'd be able to share, that would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to be in attendance as the Zags shore up an undefeated WCC season, against the raucous crowd in Provo, no less.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-14-2015, 05:18 AM
Hey ya'll,
I was wondering whether anyone had experience with getting tickets for the Zags @ BYU game. The few tickets that I can find now are up in the rafters. I'm not a member of the Bulldog Club. I just figured this would be a great week to schedule a ski trip to Park City, and it conveniently overlaps with the Zag show. If anyone has any helpful tips or past experience that they'd be able to share, that would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to be in attendance as the Zags shore up an undefeated WCC season, against the raucous crowd in Provo, no less.

Last year I bought a ticket up high. I ran into the SLC Zags group at a bar downtown and they said they get a bunch of tickets and do a bus trip to the game (not last year though as game was in late Dec.).. I asked if the tickets were good and the girl quickly said "no." The good seats all go to their season ticket holders. I work with one so I'm hoping I can score a decent ticket this time around. :D

bartruff1
10-14-2015, 05:29 AM
That is the last place I would like to see a game in....the fans are so annoying ...

Skiing in Utah is about as good as it gets.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-14-2015, 06:34 AM
That is the last place I would like to see a game in....the fans are so annoying ...

Skiing in Utah is about as good as it gets.

Yes their fans were very annoying... probably the angriest group of people I've ever been around. They think every time a non-BYU player touches the ball it's a travel. Not exaggerating.

I guess it can get frustrating pretending your football/basketball programs are top notch when in reality they are both mediocre at best.

Jakester425
10-14-2015, 07:07 AM
Hey ya'll,

I just buy directly through their website, I believe tickets go on sale on 10/22. I go every year since I have family in the area, usually the seats are farther up but last year I was fortunate to get dead center about 15 rows up.

Away games are fun, especially when you are watching with 20k people who hate your guts.

DukeSilver
10-14-2015, 07:10 AM
For the last couple years now, the SLC Alumni Chapter has organized a pre-game social and busses from SLC down to Provo (about a 45 minute drive) and back after the game. Packages with game tickets, plus admission to the social and bus ride, should be available for purchase through the SLC Chapter soon.

The game tickets are not great (upper deck), but having been to these games several times, sitting with the group of Zags fans is far preferable than sitting in a sea of BYU'ers ... As has been mentioned above, that stadium is not a very friendly place.

Zagnificent
10-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I just buy directly through their website, I believe tickets go on sale on 10/22. I go every year since I have family in the area, usually the seats are farther up but last year I was fortunate to get dead center about 15 rows up.

Away games are fun, especially when you are watching with 20k people who hate your guts.

I'll put an item on my calendar to do this. I'm hoping for decent seats, and I'll be sure to wear a nice red Zags shirt to the game. At least they won't have any beer to throw ;)

Coach Crazy
10-14-2015, 08:56 AM
I'll put an item on my calendar to do this. I'm hoping for decent seats, and I'll be sure to wear a nice red Zags shirt to the game. At least they won't have any beer to throw ;)

I am pretty sure things got tense for Jakester and I one year, can't remember if it would have gotten physical or not? The seats were decent, too. Having lived with BYU fans for a long time, it's pretty much the way it is. I think more than anything, they expected to be Big 5 bound, and when reality hit, and they realized they weren't going to be the best in the conference, it created some extra cognitive fan dissonance.

ProjectMKUltra5
10-14-2015, 09:47 AM
All I've ever been to are home games but I would looooooooove to catch a road game in a place like Provo. I always rock my GU gear in Seattle and I love getting into it with rival fans. You guys think I'm mean here, with our own? It gets taken up a few notches when I'm dealing with a UW guy or BYU guy haha

TheGonzagaFactor
10-15-2015, 06:09 AM
All I've ever been to are home games but I would looooooooove to catch a road game in a place like Provo. I always rock my GU gear in Seattle and I love getting into it with rival fans. You guys think I'm mean here, with our own? It gets taken up a few notches when I'm dealing with a UW guy or BYU guy haha

Yeah I was involved in a couple nasty exchanges in Provo last year. It's easy to shut them down, though, when their basketball program is barely relevant. I would just say "you've been to one sweet 16 in the last 35 years" and they had a hard time turning it around on me. Never been exposed to a fanbase with less knowledge of the sport they're watching.