PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Profile of Bryan Alberts

Angelo Roncalli
10-08-2015, 03:09 PM
From today's Bulletin:

“Bryan is going to be a huge, huge key to our team this year,” assistant coach Brian Michaelson said. “He’s going to have to play a big role for us to get where we want to be this year.”

At 6-foot-5, 198 pounds, Alberts fits into a different physical mold than many past GU guards, with many of the same intangibles to go along with his size. As a former point guard in high school, Alberts came to GU with a solid basketball acumen to go along with his size and strength.
In the offseason, Alberts spent his time refining those skills that were already existent before stepping foot on campus in 2014.

“The nice thing about Bryan is that he came with us with a pretty well-rounded skill set,” Michaelson said. “I think he solidified some things and raised his level in a bunch of aspects of his game.”

http://www.gonzagabulletin.com/sports/article_e137d37c-6de7-11e5-8115-bf0fd674c32b.html

Zagricultural
10-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Excited to see him play!

zag67
10-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Ok, I will admit that this summer as been LONG. I cannot wait to see all of them play.

cggonzaga
10-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Great news! He gives us more traditional size and athleticism at the 2 and 3.

MickMick
10-08-2015, 08:05 PM
I have great confidence that some young players are going to step up in a big way.

What is different than recent history?

From the link:

Of the five scholarship guards, the shortest is Josh Perkins, who stands at 6-foot-3. From a pure physical standpoint, this new group of guards will provide a different dimension compared with Bell and Pangos, who were listed at a generous 6-foot-2.

I'm pumped :)

exclusivelee
10-08-2015, 09:15 PM
The upcoming season just became that much sweeter. Excited to see how the trio of 2014 guards follow the 2011 trio. The new 3 are flashier and more athletic, and we'll should be just fine with all 3 of them in shooting from the perimeter. Hope the pieces mesh well together early in the season. All 5 scholarship eligible scholarship guards should provide excellent help on defense, too

bigblahla
10-09-2015, 01:01 AM
Albert's three point prowess impressed DD...part of a past conversation in the sauna at the Y...he's an athlete with a good vertical, better than average handles and can finish at the rim. He plays solid "D"...as stated above he can play the 2 or 3 but also the 1 in a big line-up...and he shoots the 3....gonna be a fun year...if they're going to get us they best get us early sans injuries when March comes this TEAM will be a Juggernaut...

Just my opinion..

Go!! Zags!!!