PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it to watch the GU @ Portland game?

lv2hoop
10-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Some friends and I are going to be in Portland on Feb 11 when Gonzaga plays the Pilots. Anyone have any idea how tough of a ticket this game might be this year? They're not on sale yet, otherwise we'd have already just purchased them. Thanks in advance for any insights.

FuManShoes
10-04-2015, 06:12 AM
My friend in Portland usually has good luck getting tix from a Fred Meyers or other ticketmaster outlet the day they go on sale. And barring that, folks are usually selling at the door for face or close to it.

GrizZAG
10-04-2015, 06:16 AM
When I lived there up until 2012 it was not difficult to get tickets but they do jack the price for Zags games...of course.

maynard g krebs
10-04-2015, 10:53 AM
My friend in Portland usually has good luck getting tix from a Fred Meyers or other ticketmaster outlet the day they go on sale. And barring that, folks are usually selling at the door for face or close to it.

I went to 3 Portland games in the early 2000's. At one point they started requiring that you buy a multi-game (3 or 4?) pkg to get the Zag game. No longer true? I gave up; maybe I'll try again.

ZaGranny
10-04-2015, 11:40 AM
I went to the Portland game 2 years ago (when the Celtics were playing 2 days later). To buy far in advance I would have had to buy tickets to three or four games, but by waiting until they went on sale to the general public I only had to buy tickets to the one game.

ZaGranny

75Zag
10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
In theory every GU @ UP game has sold out in the past 10 years or so. For a while the GU @ UP ticket was a hot ticket in Portland, but now not so much as UP has declined greatly in quality and so the locals are not very interested. The last couple years have had a lot of empty (but apparently sold seats). UP season ticket holders can order an extra 10 GU @ UP tickets when they re-order their season tickets (which is happening right now). Most single game tickets are on the end balcony bleachers so read the fine print when you buy.

Go Bulldogs!

KStyles
10-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Some friends and I are going to be in Portland on Feb 11 when Gonzaga plays the Pilots. Anyone have any idea how tough of a ticket this game might be this year? They're not on sale yet, otherwise we'd have already just purchased them. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Not that tough. If you're on it, you can get single game tickets when GP tickets go on sale: http://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-portland-mens-basketball-vs-portland-oregon-02-11-2016/event/0F004F21C0AF2656?artistid=847130&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

roxdoc
10-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Lots of good advice

How difficult is it to watch the GU @ Portland game?

My first thought was (with one recent exception) "it's very difficult if you are a Portland fan"

lv2hoop
10-05-2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks for all the helpful responses. My group will be myself and another adult plus 10 eight grade boys. We are traveling from Alaska for the President's Day Youth Bball tournament in Portland that weekend. We are planning to watch the Blazers/Rockets game on Wednesday, the Zags on Thursday, and then play in the tournament through the weekend. We're looking forward to it.

Bogozags
10-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all the helpful responses. My group will be myself and another adult plus 10 eight grade boys. We are traveling from Alaska for the President's Day Youth Bball tournament in Portland that weekend. We are planning to watch the Blazers/Rockets game on Wednesday, the Zags on Thursday, and then play in the tournament through the weekend. We're looking forward to it.

What part of Alaska? Use to live in Eagle River..

raise the zag
10-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Pitt expecting their best team in 5 yrs. Some elite transfers & young players coming into their own. 6 players that averaged at least 8ppg are returning & they are gaining 2 big bodies they didn't have last yr.

I think Pitt catches us by surprise & we drop our opener. Tempers the media & calms our young guards.

We go on to sweep the Pac-12(UCLA, Zona, UW, & Wazzu), and win the Battle-4-Atlantis...and Battle in Seattle.

1 loss headed.into League Play.

lv2hoop
10-05-2015, 05:19 PM
What part of Alaska? Use to live in Eagle River..

Palmer

DixieZag
10-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Pitt expecting their best team in 5 yrs. Some elite transfers & young players coming into their own. 6 players that averaged at least 8ppg are returning & they are gaining 2 big bodies they didn't have last yr.

I think Pitt catches us by surprise & we drop our opener. Tempers the media & calms our young guards.

We go on to sweep the Pac-12(UCLA, Zona, UW, & Wazzu), and win the Battle-4-Atlantis...and Battle in Seattle.

1 loss headed.into League Play.

Interesting theory. Sounds quite plausible.

webspinnre
10-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Palmer

Nice. Former Juneau-ite here.