PDA

View Full Version : Few confirms Karnowski, Sabonis, and Wiltjer to see floor time together

LeightonZag
09-30-2015, 03:12 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25323139/gonzagas-big-plan-wiltjer-sabonis-karnowski-on-floor-at-same-time

seacatfan
09-30-2015, 03:26 PM
"I think we're going to try to play them together for stretches of games," Few told CBS Sports on Wednesday. "We're going to try to make that work. They're our three best players."

Quoted from the linked article. Says "going to try" twice. Not exactly overwhelming. I think we'll see it occasionally in some situations. But that's just me.

sittingon50
09-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Guess he's seen the writing on the wall ( as transcribed for him by the GUB).

;)

raise the zag
09-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Coach Few also agreed & tried to "experiment" with Elias at the 3.

It lasted 3 games.

I have an inkling this "experiment" will be just as short-lived.

I agree they are our best players/weapons, yet who plays the combo forward in this system?

Who is slashing? Shooting 3's? Guarding 6'5 athletic wings? Not to mention taking Sabonis away from his best attribute & blue chip ability, rebounding. Or takes Wiltjer away from his 70 FG% within the post, etc.

Will work tremendously well vs WCC-type teams or ones we can overwhelm on size alone, yet Wiltjer or Sabonis ain't guarding ANY D1 wing in the Top-25.

It's a great theory & something worth trying, yet it's not going to work, ESPECIALLY in this offense

The good news in all of this chatter, the staff clearly had faith in Ryan Edwards to back-up the center position.

Malastein
09-30-2015, 04:20 PM
My hunch is that Wiltjier plays more perimeter ball with his shooting and point forward skills, while Sabonis stays inside where he's highly effective. On defense, I think Sabonis plays more outside than Wiltjier and Karnowksi covers up for smaller wing penetration.

Zagger
09-30-2015, 04:24 PM
I think Few can afford to really mix it up with the talent on this season's team being rather exceptional. Why not? When it comes to stiffer competition in March one might as well know what works when and who Few might like to see on the floor together.

zagamatic
09-30-2015, 04:54 PM
I think that we'll see less of this than we saw Nunez in his last year, but we'll see it. As mentioned above, it speaks well of Edwards because this could well be a way of working him into the rotation more. Think about it, play 3 monsters together for say a 4 minute stretch between media timeouts, give 2 rest during the next stretch while the 3rd plays along side Edwards and then you've got 2 fresh monsters for the next stretch. I kinda like that idea.

hooter73
09-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Wont work on defense in any regard. Just pure history proven fact from last year alone. We don't even have a forward that can defend faster, more mobile forwards, now put one of them on the wing?

Hoopaholic
09-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Wont work on defense in any regard. Just pure history proven fact from last year alone. We don't even have a forward that can defend faster, more mobile forwards, now put one of them on the wing?

disagree I think you would see a tremendously active 2-3 or possibly sagging 2-1-2 zone that would be absolutely dynamic releasing the front guards to gamble, jump passing lanes, pressure the drive and take away the 3 ball, forcing the perimeter into the 3 bigs.....with KW and Sabonis covering wings they have the footwork and length to do so in solid fashion.............

Hoopaholic
09-30-2015, 05:02 PM
My hunch is that Wiltjier plays more perimeter ball with his shooting and point forward skills, while Sabonis stays inside where he's highly effective. On defense, I think Sabonis plays more outside than Wiltjier and Karnowksi covers up for smaller wing penetration.

sabonis high post for hi low action with wiltjer strong side wing forcing his man to stay on him and not be able to double down on Karnowski forcing the double team action to come from the weakside wing and we know how Karno can pass to slashers (drano cutting or Sabonis backdoor action if his man doubles down) or they dont double down and leave Karno one on one

Hoopaholic
09-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Coach Few also agreed & tried to "experiment" with Elias at the 3.

It lasted 3 games.

I have an inkling this "experiment" will be just as short-lived.

I agree they are our best players/weapons, yet who plays the combo forward in this system?

Who is slashing? Shooting 3's? Guarding 6'5 athletic wings? Not to mention taking Sabonis away from his best attribute & blue chip ability, rebounding. Or takes Wiltjer away from his 70 FG% within the post, etc.

Will work tremendously well vs WCC-type teams or ones we can overwhelm on size alone, yet Wiltjer or Sabonis ain't guarding ANY D1 wing in the Top-25.

It's a great theory & something worth trying, yet it's not going to work, ESPECIALLY in this offense

The good news in all of this chatter, the staff clearly had faith in Ryan Edwards to back-up the center position.

hi low action with Sabonis on the fee throw line for hi post actually INCREASES his abilities to maiximize his offensive rebounding prowless

seacatfan
09-30-2015, 05:24 PM

Bingo. Look at the Pepperdine games last year. Their undersized bigs absolutely ran circles around GU's bigs.

And I don't know where people get the idea Sabonis was a more solid perimeter defender than Wiltjer last year. He wasn't. Pretending it was so doesn't make it a reality.

seacatfan
09-30-2015, 05:27 PM
disagree I think you would see a tremendously active 2-3 or possibly sagging 2-1-2 zone that would be absolutely dynamic releasing the front guards to gamble, jump passing lanes, pressure the drive and take away the 3 ball, forcing the perimeter into the 3 bigs.....with KW and Sabonis covering wings they have the footwork and length to do so in solid fashion.............

How much zone have we seen Few employ in recent years? Not much I would say. Maybe he's getting slightly more flexible, but I think he's still inclined to go with what he's most comfortable with.

MickMick
09-30-2015, 07:12 PM
The only reason I might favor this idea is that it guarantees Edwards ample playing time. Although I agree with a prior poster that this experiment will likely be short lived (uniquely situational at best), it does confirm in my mind that Few has plans to make abundant use of Edwards as he wouldn't consider using such a lineup otherwise.

One way or another, Edwards is going to play a significant role. In other words, this has as much to do with getting Edwards on the court, in relief, is at does getting the three heralded stars on the court together.

cggonzaga
09-30-2015, 07:26 PM

Couldn't disagree with this more. Teams would rain 3s from the wings and corners. I personally don't like the idea at all even offensively. One reason would be because it takes Wiltjer away from the post where I feel he is unstoppable sometimes. Also makes us much less athletic. I guess we'll see though.

DixieZag
09-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Someone here has the Larry Bird quote regarding "The best players will play" - and I think there are ways to make it happen.

Of course, I've made this point all too often. It seems to me there are ways to hide some weaknesses on defense (wide zone?), and winning game 100-80 counts the same as winning games 80-60.

Dunno. We have some wonderful problems.

roxdoc
09-30-2015, 08:41 PM
my fear is KW or DS getting in foul trouble over-trying to guard quicker, smaller opponents.

Zagdawg
09-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Agree---then Edwards will get some extra time on the floor or we go small ball.

Bogozags
09-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Ok, before any of you have "cows" let's see how this works...we have Pittsburg and UW to see how it plays out...Coach Few is right, those three are out three best players...not the best athletes but the best players...they have a lot of international experience, which will play dividends.

If either an get to the corner, then that will create problems for all of our opponents...

Don't you believe Coach Few has a clue...

I am so excited...this is going to be a banner year for us...in Few we trust!

ProjectMKUltra5
09-30-2015, 09:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

Zagdawg
09-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Bart....is that really you? ........the bovine comment gave you away.

Mantua
09-30-2015, 11:11 PM

Yep.

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-01-2015, 04:46 AM
I'm excited to hear Coach Few going on record as saying Zags plan to give the 3-big lineup a go for stretches of games. He's a smart guy, so obviously he knows this forces opponents to game-plan against an extraordinarily big opponent...which means devoting less practice/prep time to other aspects of the game. That's smart on Few.

As for how it will/could work? I think the most interesting thing will be to see who he puts on the court with these three. My guess is Perkins and McClellan, as their ball handling, speed and quickness will be key counter measure to what would be obvious gameplan of opponents vs size: run, run, run and pressure D to create turnovers.

I do not necessarily think Few's commitment to playing all 3 bigs means more PT for Edwards. It just means once one of the bigs gets a foul, he goes to a more traditional lineup with two posts and a wing (Dranginis/Alberts).

Very excited for this season!!!!!

TheGonzagaFactor
10-01-2015, 05:13 AM
Why would he rule something like that out in preseason?

We all have our opinions on this issue, but either way I just wouldn't see the point of saying "no. no way. we're not going to do that." Of course he will experiment.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-01-2015, 05:15 AM
Ok, before any of you have "cows" let's see how this works...we have Pittsburg and UW to see how it plays out...Coach Few is right, those three are out three best players...not the best athletes but the best players...they have a lot of international experience, which will play dividends.

If either an get to the corner, then that will create problems for all of our opponents...

Don't you believe Coach Few has a clue...

I am so excited...this is going to be a banner year for us...in Few we trust!

I doubt it'd happen then, at least I hope it doesn't. I want to win those games. If we see it I hope it's against a cupcake at home so we will have a chance to recover and possibly win the game.

DixieZag
10-01-2015, 05:59 AM
What if it actually works? Really well?

I do not find it weird that people will say I'm crazy for saying that the best 3 players should be on the floor. That's a completely sensible response.

But, when Few says it is worth trying, it seems weird that people can still definitively say that it will hurt us - without acknowledging that mathematically there is a chance..

It's like established fact with most on the board. I thought I'd just hold out the radical idea that if Few thinks he wants to do it, it might work well. I mean, even the Powerball does have a winner, so I don't think we should just declare it a failure as fact at this point.

Zagdawg
10-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Possibility that is will succeed or have issues with the lineup against smaller lineups--i.e. running our bigs up and down the court trying to keep up with the smaller guys.

It should work in certain situations ---like everyone else has said --wait and see.

Hopefully has some success --it will create matchup issues for any team that we face on our offensive end with a smaller defensive guy on our bigs.

Go Zags

Zagcity
10-01-2015, 06:53 AM
What if it actually works? Really well?

I do not find it weird that people will say I'm crazy for saying that the best 3 players should be on the floor. That's a completely sensible response.

But, when Few says it is worth trying, it seems weird that people can still definitively say that it will hurt us - without acknowledging that mathematically there is a chance..

It's like established fact with most on the board. I thought I'd just hold out the radical idea that if Few thinks he wants to do it, it might work well. I mean, even the Powerball does have a winner, so I don't think we should just declare it a failure as fact at this point.

I agree most of the negative comments are coming from the stand point of our weakness (defending smaller quicker players). Not to our strengths, how do they defend us and how do they not get into foul trouble defending the three headed monster. I know we are all stinkin geniuses here, but Few has more stench ;) than any of us.

willandi
10-01-2015, 06:56 AM
We know that none of the bigs can defend, so lets use the 5 guard line-up! It should provide plenty of speed, some drives to the hoop and pretty good outside shooting!

LongIslandZagFan
10-01-2015, 07:02 AM
It also could force teams to have to adapt... I mean, just a thought.

amaronizag
10-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Time will tell, but I am optimistic that there will be many situations when we benefit from having those 3 bigs on the floor at the same time. They will probably start the game, but substitutions begin sometimes 3-4 minutes into the game and the starting lineup is probably (I'm guessing here) not together more than 15 minutes of the whole game. Many combinations of players are on the floor during a 40 minute game. One goal is to mix the players so the level of play doesn't drop off significantly on offense or defense as a result of substitutions. Other goals are to get fresh horse in the game and take advantage of matchups that allow us to dominate. The 3 bigs will certainly allow us to dominate but will that hold down the production of any one of the three that would be more wisely used in other player combinations?? Can we put other looks on the floor that are equally as deadly, for example smaller faster, more aggressive on man-to-man defense, fast break, etc??? All of this remains to be seen by the public, but it has all been seen by staff in practice.

As for use of the zone, it can be used to slow down the game when a player is in foul trouble or injured. It is best used when there is an opponent who dominates one of our players and can blow by him to get to the basket or score at will. The zone blocks the middle and stops the drive. It forces the opposition to shoot from the outside. (That's why I have been confused as to why we use it when someone is killing us from outside.....to long a list for this page). But in the example of KW, who's lateral movement is less than exceptional, it allows someone else to pick up his man when he moves out of his zone. For example, when a player on the wing dribbles toward the top of the key, KW slides sideways to defend, but also slides back slightly toward the basket at an angle to keep the driver from getting around him. That gives the dribbler enough space to put up a jumper from the top of the key over a sagging KW. That doesn't happen in a zone because the dribbler is picked up by someone as soon as he leaves KW's zone. I think we can play the matchup zone pretty well.

Also, anyone who watched PK in the summer saw how much quicker he is and saw him quickly extend way out from the basket to block a 3 point shot. I think DS and KW improved quite a bit defensively last year. I watched all the tape on DS available before he came to GU and I was most concerned about defense and his ability to guard at a high enough level. By the end of last season, he had made great progress. He's still young and will be even better by March 2016. I think we will face a lot more zone this year due to the rule changes so the team will work on that in practice more than in the past. In practice players take turns on offense and defense which gives them experience with both sides of the zone. I think the staff will figure out how to get the best possible lineups in the game for 40 minutes given our roster, the player matchups, offenses, and defenses we will face and we will make a deep run this year because we are dripping with talent. It will be a totally unique year and one of, if not our best, years ever!! No worries on my part.

LongIslandZagFan
10-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Time will tell, but I am optimistic that there will be many situations when we benefit from having those 3 bigs on the floor at the same time. They will probably start the game, but substitutions begin sometimes 3-4 minutes into the game and the starting lineup is probably (I'm guessing here) not together more than 15 minutes of the whole game. Many combinations of players are on the floor during a 40 minute game. One goal is to mix the players so the level of play doesn't drop off significantly on offense or defense as a result of substitutions. Other goals are to get fresh horse in the game and take advantage of matchups that allow us to dominate. The 3 bigs will certainly allow us to dominate but will that hold down the production of any one of the three that would be more wisely used in other player combinations?? Can we put other looks on the floor that are equally as deadly, for example smaller faster, more aggressive on man-to-man defense, fast break, etc??? All of this remains to be seen by the public, but it has all been seen by staff in practice.

As for use of the zone, it can be used to slow down the game when a player is in foul trouble or injured. It is best used when there is an opponent who dominates one of our players and can blow by him to get to the basket or score at will. The zone blocks the middle and stops the drive. It forces the opposition to shoot from the outside. (That's why I have been confused as to why we use it when someone is killing us from outside.....to long a list for this page). But in the example of KW, who's lateral movement is less than exceptional, it allows someone else to pick up his man when he moves out of his zone. For example, when a player on the wing dribbles toward the top of the key, KW slides sideways to defend, but also slides back slightly toward the basket at an angle to keep the driver from getting around him. That gives the dribbler enough space to put up a jumper from the top of the key over a sagging KW. That doesn't happen in a zone because the dribbler is picked up by someone as soon as he leaves KW's zone. I think we can play the matchup zone pretty well.

Also, anyone who watched PK in the summer saw how much quicker he is and saw him quickly extend way out from the basket to block a 3 point shot. I think DS and KW improved quite a bit defensively last year. I watched all the tape on DS available before he came to GU and I was most concerned about defense and his ability to guard at a high enough level. By the end of last season, he had made great progress. He's still young and will be even better by March 2016. I think we will face a lot more zone this year due to the rule changes so the team will work on that in practice more than in the past. In practice players take turns on offense and defense which gives them experience with both sides of the zone. I think the staff will figure out how to get the best possible lineups in the game for 40 minutes given our roster, the player matchups, offenses, and defenses we will face and we will make a deep run this year because we are dripping with talent. It will be a totally unique year and one of, if not our best, years ever!! No worries on my part.

Bingo... say a team has a very talented player at the 3... when he sits... you run that lineup. Likely it will shorten his rest.

hooter73
10-01-2015, 08:05 AM
offensively, "play the best three" just doesnt compute when those best three are all at their best when playing 0-5 feet from the rim. KW scored the heavy majority of his points in the post last year. What makes him great is his outstanding shooting touch but only because he could lose the defending center or tower over whoever was out on the perimeter trying to guard him. He's good from the 3 point line, but he was good there at KU too and he left because there is more to his game than standing for a catch and shoot. DS rebounds off of short hits and was amazingly effective with his field goal percentage from taking... wait for it... high percentage shots right at the rim. His out of area rebounding and his mid range game do not justify forcing him to play away from the basket. And that comes from watching him play this summer so its not like a huge leap is suddenly going to be taken that will surprise everyone.

Defensively, Few doesnt do zone and like people are saying, thats about the only way this could work. Problem is, Karno, even a senior Karno, will rack up fouls trying to stop a driver. It'd be foul city. Like, expect three per half. You cant have your senior stud only playing 15 minutes per game which with the rest of the talent we have would only equal something like 5 pts and 3 rebounds per game.

It is Harris at the 3 all over again. Give it a try, it will play out as expected, then it will just be balancing playing time, fouls, and match ups... as usual... because its effective.

seacatfan
10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Call me crazy, but the "they are the 3 best players on the team" mantra might need to be revisited at some point during the season once we've had a chance to see Perkins running the team. I have high expectations. Also as PG he will impact the game in some ways that none of the bigs can. We shall see.

maynard g krebs
10-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Defensively, Few doesnt do zone and like people are saying, thats about the only way this could work.

I was in Hec Ed Pavilion one night about 14 or 15 years ago. The Huskies were carving up the Zags with the dribble and up about 7 or 8 in the first half. The Zags went zone and the Huskies proceeded to pass the ball cluelessly around the perimeter for the next 15 minutes, finally hucking up a 3 and missing something like 22 straight shots. Zags won something like 86-64.

So I think it's fair to say that Few uses zone situationally.

My feeling from reading Few's quote is that he's talking about playing 3 bigs maybe 10 minutes a game or so on average, and again, situationally. Probably not gonna do it against Villanova, for example.

maynard g krebs
10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Call me crazy, but the "they are the 3 best players on the team" mantra might need to be revisited at some point during the season once we've had a chance to see Perkins running the team. I have high expectations. Also as PG he will impact the game in some ways that none of the bigs can. We shall see.

Agree, and think the presence of Perkins is what gives the 3 big lineup a chance of working. I don't think we see it at all without him on the floor.

eastsideballer
10-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Sabonis can rebound effectively from the 4. In fact the WCC leading rebounder is often a power forward ie Ryan Nicholas and Cole Dickerson. I think Few can effectively utilize Karno and Sabonis on the block and Kyle at the 3. No reason Kyle cant post up and take advantage of mismatches on the block. Actually a spread offensive look would benefit everyone, opening lanes for penetration and forces sagging from the wings.
GU wouldnt need to devote a ton of minutes to this look but I think it could be highly effective in spurts.

Bogozags
10-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post

Defensively, Few doesn't do zone and like people are saying, thats about the only way this could work.

I was in Hec Ed Pavilion one night about 14 or 15 years ago. The Huskies were carving up the Zags with the dribble and up about 7 or 8 in the first half. The Zags went zone and the Huskies proceeded to pass the ball cluelessly around the perimeter for the next 15 minutes, finally hucking up a 3 and missing something like 22 straight shots. Zags won something like 86-64.

So I think it's fair to say that Few uses zone situationally.

My feeling from reading Few's quote is that he's talking about playing 3 bigs maybe 10 minutes a game or so on average, and again, situationally. Probably not gonna do it against Villanova, for example.

Yes, zones work well, didn't a team from upstate NY play a zone, a 2-3 match-up zone and win the NC! We have played the same 2-3 match-up zone many times over the past four years and it was pretty successful. It isn't our "first choice" but it could well be very effective, especially with the length we would have. Couple those three with either Perkins, KD or McClellan...that would be a pretty formidable defence. Of course as stated earlier so much of this depends on how well Perkins adjusts to the PG...

This is going to be one heck of a season!

I believe,

CDC84
10-01-2015, 11:52 AM
The last time I can recall where GU played extensive zone was back in 2008/09.....a team that had a lot of height and length and was one of the better defensive teams Few has had.

I've said all along that I expect Few to play Sabonis, Wiltjer and Karno together at times when the matchups warrant it. I doubt it is something you would see against a team like Pepperdine, for instance.

One of the things that a zone does is help keep Sabonis and Karno out of foul trouble....they have yet to show in their GU careers that they can avoid cheap fouls on a consistent basis. That being said, at least this year GU has Ryan Edwards to back up the two seven footers. It's a luxury they didn't have last year.

I personally feel that any coach who wouldn't experiment with having those three on the floor at the same time is an idiot. They're too talented to not play them together at times.

hondo
10-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Well said CDC.

Baseline
10-01-2015, 03:55 PM
It will be interesting to see if other teams get in foul trouble at the start of games when Few goes with the big lineup. If an apposing team has a terrific big, it might put him in foul trouble early. Another use of this combo.

Lewey
10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Just got back from the "Season Tipoff" with Tommy Lloyd. First question was would the 3 bigs play together and how would that affect (adjust) the defense.
Tommy said they would play together, but wasn't sure how much. At one point he said "it's gonna happen". He mentioned wanting to get Domas (who averaged 21 minutes per game) and even PK more game time. But he said there are things like foul issues that will play in to it. He never specifically answered how they planned on adjusting. He said a couple of different times that they had some different ideas that they were thinking about but they needed to try them out and work with the team to determine what worked best.

john montana
10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
You can extend a zone and change the shape of the zone from a pack the middle to a take away the outside shot. All you need is a big man that can hold his own at the rim (karno is pretty good at just being tall and keeping his hands up), and length on the perimeter. I think it can work. Push out, use our length along the baseline, maybe even trap from the guard positions anytime the ball goes to the corner...could be deadly with karno and Edwards holding down the middle. As for offense...kW makes it work because of his shooting. You can go high low to give pk or sabonis space and you can't leave kw. I do see the spacing issue if kW is the block man with those three in, but he will get plenty of touches in the post while we have other lineups around him. Can't wait to see what few does.

mgadfly
10-02-2015, 09:01 AM
CDC is right that a good coach should experiment in an attempt to figure out if getting the three best players on the team more minutes helps the team play better. The experiment may fail, but it's worth the effort.

Some have said Mark Few doesn't play much zone. In recent years (basically since Ray G. was hired) that is mostly true. However, for about a decade he ran the zone too much for a lot of people's tastes around here. So, I don't think he has any issue running a zone if he thinks it improves the team's chances to win. The problem with zone is not usually three point percentage, but rebounding. Zones that give up too many second chance points are tough to watch and not good for the win/loss. But with Sabonis' rebounding that concern may be alleviated to a large degree. Plus, I think Sabonis and Wiltjer have the length and ability to close out on shooters in the corners if they know they have Karnowski behind them.

Then, who ever is guarded by the small forward gets to post up. And if the team plays zone Sabonis gets to rebound without a man assigned to him to keep him off the glass.

But to me, the biggest reason for this experiment may be something that isn't related to the x's and o's at all. This last spring we had three big guys considering going pro. We had a fourth 7-footer looking at the prospect of not much playing time. The coaching staff may have talked to them and told them they'd try it, see how it goes, get the bigs a few more minutes, etc... This may have been part of the reason they all came back (or stuck around). Maybe not. But if the question was, is the team better with them coming back and a little time dedicated to this experimentation, or them turning pro/transferring, I have to say I'm all for the experiment.

MileHigh
10-03-2015, 07:03 AM
If Few can play them together for 6 or 7 minutes a game that will get more minutes for the group and help keep everyone, specifically Sabonis, happy. All three of these kids view themselves as not just starters, but "go to guys" and future pros so it is unlikely any of the 3 are going to accept a sub 25 minutes per game role

If you can get a 6 minute stretch with all 3 in the game then you have expanded the avaialble minutes for the 3 of them from 80 to 87, which means you can play all three of them close to 30 minutes a game.

Defensively,if you stay M2M you could only do it if the SF on the opposing team isnt a perimeter threat, that way Wiltjer or Sabonis can sag and play gaps. Otherwise you would have play 2-3, which wont be bad in short stretches. Offensively, the challenge would be to avoid clogging the lane. Wiltjer would have to play more of a catch and shoot perimeter role.

Again, it might be okay in short stretches just to get their minutes up, and also give the other coach one more thing to prepare for,but I doubt it would be a line up you would see in crunch time

amaronizag
10-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Hard to predict because, on paper, we should beat everybody until a FF loss in March. However, I'm sure we will have one lapse in concentration (like our loss on Sr night last season) and that could come from anywhere --- BYU, Pepperdine, AZ, SMU, TX, UW, or just about anywhere if fouls, off night shooting, etc factor their way into a game. Three years ago we were VERY lucky to eek out a 1 pt win at WSU. Ya never know. I just hope it's not Pitt in Japan or any team we face in the Bahamas.