PDA

View Full Version : Zag fans who can't see games in the Kennel

ZagsGoZags
09-30-2015, 12:57 AM
I am one of the zag fans who only occasionally gets a ticket into the Kennel, other than Kraziness, of course.
Once a friend was sick and let me go on her ticket. It is well known how difficult it is.
Are all of the zag games against E. Oregon, N. Ariz, Mt. St Mary's, Montana, and St. Martins in the Kennel this year
that is to say: "Is there a single zag game in the Spokane Arena this year?"
Usually that is the best way a person in Spokane (without a special link as season ticket holder, faculty or student, or other connections), can see a game.
I wish the team would make a point to have at least one game in the Arena per season for folks like me.
If there are no games in Spokane Arena this season, I am bummed.

TexasZagFan
09-30-2015, 04:29 AM
I am one of the zag fans who only occasionally gets a ticket into the Kennel, other than Kraziness, of course.
Once a friend was sick and let me go on her ticket. It is well known how difficult it is.
Are all of the zag games against E. Oregon, N. Ariz, Mt. St Mary's, Montana, and St. Martins in the Kennel this year
that is to say: "Is there a single zag game in the Spokane Arena this year?"
Usually that is the best way a person in Spokane (without a special link as season ticket holder, faculty or student, or other connections), can see a game.
I wish the team would make a point to have at least one game in the Arena per season for folks like me.
If there are no games in Spokane Arena this season, I am bummed.

I feel your pain, from about 2000 miles away. I haven't set foot in Spokane since I attended my last reunion 15 years ago.

If the Zags play a game that's within a 10 hour drive from Dallas, we usually go. They play in tough venues, so wins aren't the norm, except for the win in Stillwater two years ago. Memphis, Wichita, Houston (Elite 8), etc. Looking forward to the SMU game in February.

Hoopaholic
09-30-2015, 05:54 AM
My wife and I have been blessed twice in the last ten years to score tickets (thank you Dixie and Ghost)......and we had an awesome time.....truly magicall

However, we have taken to seeing them in other ways...we get a suite in for Battle in Seattle and have family join us for a special time each december, we have taken a road trip to the LA or San Fran area for 2 games each of the last 4 years as it was easier and cheaper to get tickets and travel to those areas.

While I would love to be able to get season tickets, I also realize that part of the magic is having a medium size arena that is a sell out each and every time and that in and of itself creates additional frenzy around the games which is awesome for the team and university.

Zagdawg
09-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Craigslist usually has a bunch of tickets --as you get closer to the game the cheaper they are (i.e. game day someone figures out they can't go and gets rid of the ticket for face value).

ProjectMKUltra5
09-30-2015, 08:21 AM
I just bite the bullet and get em on stubhub or something. It can be expensive but it's worth it for me, not a better thing to do in Spokane then seeing a Zags game imo

DixieZag
09-30-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't want to get in trouble, and so it will require some skill to get this across without....

If one happens to be "in a state of grace" with the Alumni Foundation, there have been times they have granted "indulgences" to those whom are deemed to have been "faithful." While Jesus will forgive all who confess, the practice of granting indulgences is to be used as sparingly as possible and never guaranteed.

I have tickets through family that perhaps one or two times a year cannot be used by any members of the family, and on those occasions I put up a thread and give priority to those who have never seen a game in McCarthy, tickets never go unused, but it is near impossible for me to know much ahead of time.

Other than that, work hard on those games a week before Christmas and 2-3 weeks afterward, where if you have a friend season ticketholder or Bulldog club member might well be able to get tickets, and they are often good games. PM me if you have a heart tugging story and something might be arranged. (Though, fair warning, the Kennel Club will not be at those games (that's why you have tickets!) so - downside is that the electricity is down a little, upside is you can get really really good seats.

IF you are fine with watching the game over at Jack and Dan's, or the other places near campus, it is worth rolling the dice and standing around down by the doors of McCarthy b/c occasionally a person is selling one, maybe 2 tickets due to change of plans. Again, only go if you're happy to crap out and watch the game on the big screen and J/Ds (can't go wrong.)

There is also the game down in Pullman this year that affords some an opportunity.

If you happen to be the parent of a 5 start recruit 6'6 "tweener" 2-3, it's fairly likely an arrangement can be made to see a game.

Last, if a person has some tie (however tangential) to the visiting team, the visiting team will get a block of tickets (some of them very good tickets), that one might request a ticket from the visiting school. If that is the route taken, I highly recommend you forget to mention you are a loyal Zag fan. Games like Montana, BYU (especially BYU) are not an option amenable to that type of strategy, be thinking more; No Arizona, St. Martins, Loyola, Pacific.

Good luck. It is magical. I heard on Sports Center once that one of the announcers said it is on his "bucket list" and we should do all we can to help friends get the experience.

ZagDad84
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
One method to see the Zags not mentioned above is to buy tickets to the WCC tournament in Vegas. Whole session tickets can be had for not much more than a couple of tickets to the kennel off of stubhub. Early March is a great time to visit Vegas.

While the Orleans Arena is not the Kennel, there is a reason that it is commonly referred to as GU South during the 1st week of March.

ZagDad

ZagsGoZags
09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I used to think one game a year in the Spokane Arena was a kind of 'informal policy' to let the faithful zags not connected have a chance to see the players once live per year. A kind of generous gesture that came along with the decision to have only 6000 seats in the Kennel. Maybe it was some kind of priority in years past, and now isn't. I hope they will schedule a zag game in the Spokane Arena next season. No matter what, the zags are my ship and I am loyal to the end. No reason we can't make the Final Four this year !!!

Zagger
09-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Join the Bulldog Club :) http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/gonz/genrel/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/benefit-chart.pdf
A cheaper and fun way to go (maybe) is to visit Jack & Dan's for pre game fun, beer, burgers, etc. Relatively often someone who can't go to the game leaves their tickets @ J & D's to be passed out to a lucky guest. Roughly 1/3 of the times we've done this we've gotten tickets. That may have been lucky but .... they were free and it's easy to get a good seat at J & D's once those pre functioning have left for the game. To get a good seat for burgers and brew before a game you've gotta get there early (2-4 hrs before a game).
Almost forgot ... there's the WSU/GU game this year. Beasley @ Wazzu is huge. Tickets for the game will be available. Get in touch with WSU's ticket office: http://beasley.wsu.edu/buy-tickets.html

GrizZAG
09-30-2015, 05:34 PM
When the Zags play at UP it is worth the trip over. They have a beautiful arena with comfortable seats throughout and the campus is quite nice. It isn't too bad of a trip over to see them up close in a quality setting. Tickets are reasonable as well.

MickMick
09-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Some folks I know gave me four tickets to the St Marys game last year. It blew my mind to see their names embossed on the seats.

Really? Now I want my name embossed on a seat!!!

Lewey
09-30-2015, 07:52 PM
I have my fingers crossed that they'll have two games in the Arena this season. Like around mid March! All that is needed is a top four seed. I have confirmed tickets. Just win baby!

krozman
09-30-2015, 08:44 PM
I'd buy season tickets every year if they didn't extort money using the bulldog club as a prerequisite to wait in line. When the words "I'd rather pay Comcast" come out of your mouth, you know something is wrong with the world.

OZZY
09-30-2015, 10:56 PM
I've got no hope........

Unless I win the lottery and take some time off for a trip during the BBall season..

:)

DixieZag
09-30-2015, 11:02 PM
I have my fingers crossed that they'll have two games in the Arena this season. Like around mid March! All that is needed is a top four seed. I have confirmed tickets. Just win baby!

Best response on thread.

GoZags
10-01-2015, 06:55 AM
I'd buy season tickets every year if they didn't extort money using the bulldog club as a prerequisite to wait in line. When the words "I'd rather pay Comcast" come out of your mouth, you know something is wrong with the world.

Interesting word choice .... "extort". The simple reality is "Supply" and "Demand".

Of course, we could be fortunate and be just like SCU, LMU, Pepperdine ... etc etc etc where Season Ticket holders don't have to pay a huge "Membership Fee" for the privilege of buying basketball tickets. Just think how fun that would be. You'd get to sit pretty much where you want ... have great seats for WCC college basketball and an uninspiring OOC schedule.

I'll most likely be watching our home games against Arizona and UCLA on my Comcast. To me ... that depicts something that's "right" with the world.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-01-2015, 09:35 AM
I prefer watching Zag games on TV by a long shot. I've gone to a couple in person and had bad experiences. Apparently standing up and cheering for your team when a nationally televised game is tied with 3 minutes left is just malicious, thuggish behavior. How dare I. Some of the things that were said and people's attitudes (I tried to stand up ONCE for like 10 seconds) made me never want to attend a home/Arena game in person again. I'll sit at home where I can cheer like a real sports fan does, thank you. You better believe people get up and energetic during time outs, though. Makes no sense.

Zagdawg
10-01-2015, 09:42 AM
You were in the wrong section - our section gets up whenever possible to support our guys.

GlacierZag
10-10-2015, 07:35 AM

It must be difficult to have 2 degrees from Gonzaga and feel "shut out".

Without the Bulldog Club membership I'd guess that there could be up to 20,000+ people vying for the 6,000 seats. Who knows? You could still be shut out.

I hope you're able to take advantage of today's Krazy in the Kennel.

It's free and it's not on Comcast.

Zagcity
10-10-2015, 08:49 AM
It must be difficult to have 2 degrees from Gonzaga and feel "shut out".

Without the Bulldog Club membership I'd guess that there could be up to 20,000+ people vying for the 6,000 seats. Who knows? You could still be shut out.

I hope you're able to take advantage of today's Krazy in the Kennel.

It's free and it's not on Comcast.

It gets a little old having them raising the cost you have to kick into the bulldog club every year, buts the cost of doing business I guess. The good part is we gain more points for preferential seating treatment come WCC tournament and such, with having four seats.