PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for Mississippi Grind Features Gonzaga Name Drop

Zag4Hire
09-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Mississippi Grind features a degenerate gambler stating 'put him down for 5 large for Hawaii over Gonzaga' in opening seconds of trailer (albeit the improper pronunciation) and it still brings a smile to my face. Awesome he loses all the time and he picks Hawaii lol. Sign of respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=26&v=Ooca5idaNSk

Hooray4Daye&Gray
09-25-2015, 03:38 PM
it has to be a joke at this point when people still pronounce it wrong, right?

there's no way people aren't making the connection that calling us the ZAGS is because it's gonZAGa.

ZagsGoZags
09-26-2015, 03:41 PM
its no joke,
much of the media east of Mississippi river keep saying it wrong, which keeps it going ...
I see the mispronounciation all the time in Seattle

TexasZagFan
09-28-2015, 09:46 AM
its no joke,
much of the media east of Mississippi river keep saying it wrong, which keeps it going ...
I see the mispronounciation all the time in Seattle

I've got a BIL that lives two blocks from me, and he has yet to get it right. I've given up that he'll ever get it right, he married into the family 10 years ago.

I keep quiet now, especially since he's one of the hoops coaches at my son's middle school.

Bogozags
09-28-2015, 12:32 PM
I've got a BIL that lives two blocks from me, and he has yet to get it right. I've given up that he'll ever get it right, he married into the family 10 years ago.

I keep quiet now, especially since he's one of the hoops coaches at my son's middle school.

Smart! Make sure you buy him some Tacos from time to time...

sittingon50
09-28-2015, 02:02 PM
:lmao:

seacatfan
09-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Some people back east really do say Warshington and Orygone, and they've been states for how long?

I don't think Rick Majerus ever said Gonzaga correctly when he was doing commentating.

BobZag
09-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Ben Lyons said this movie was the best he's seen thus far this year, fwiw.

primal23
09-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Some people back east really do say Warshington and Orygone, and they've been states for how long?

I don't think Rick Majerus ever said Gonzaga correctly when he was doing commentating.

Best quote from the late great Rick Majerus was in reference to Rudy Gay, "I'm not a big Gay guy." Steve Lavin had a heck of time trying to keep a straight face.

seacatfan
09-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Best quote from the late great Rick Majerus was in reference to Rudy Gay, "I'm not a big Gay guy." Steve Lavin had a heck of time trying to keep a straight face.

Yep, I remember that too. Even worse was when he made a comment about Gay and driving into the lane, using another basketball term for it, in combination with each other was unsuitable for airing on public TV, and yet it happened.

ZagaZags
09-29-2015, 11:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU